Sponsored

How do I turn off trailer routing with no connected nav?

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
Maybe I'll try this question in the towing section.

Picked up my travel trailer yesterday and trailer routing was turned on in Ford Sync Nav. So it annoyingly beeps every time an overpass is approaching. I used to be able to deactivate it by turning off trailer routing in FordSync Nav.

my trial to connected Nav expired, so now when I try to press the trailer routing button all that pops up is a message that says the features are deactivated and to gain access I have to sign up. Well that's dumb. I never use Ford's Nav. Anyone have an idea how I can disable trailer routing without being connected to Sync Nav? My google foo is weak on this one...
Sponsored

RickBullotta

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
It's in the Navigation settings (menu on the left side when in the Navigation system). Dig around and you'll find it.

Reactions: 780
OP
OP

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It's in the Navigation settings (menu on the left side when in the Navigation system). Dig around and you'll find it.
Yes, I know where the button is. It's greyed out because my free trial expired.
When I try and press it, a message pops up and says I need to subscribe to gain access.
I'd rather not subscribe and pay $20 month to not use a feature.
I'm wondering if there is another way to disable it.

RickBullotta

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
When I try and press it, a message pops up and says I need to subscribe to gain access.
That's odd that your trial has expired already. On my 2021 Lariat it's still active until August 2024. Haven't paid a dime.

Last edited:
OP
OP

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That's odd that your trial has expired already. On my 2021 Lariat it's still active until August 2024. Haven't paid a dime.
Canadian thing maybe? I think it was only a 6 month trial or something.

Sponsored

RickBullotta

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Canadian thing maybe? I think it was only a 6 month trial or something.
I think they switched it so that Platinum & Limited get 3 years, everyone else 90 days. I guess mine was before that change.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Oh, that’s complete horseshit. But I’m not surprised.

Try this. Go into the towing menu, select manage trailers, select your trailer, then scroll to the bottom where it says “smart navigation trailer set up” or something like that. Then set all of the dimensions of your trailer to zero and see if that helps. Stupid workaround, I know.

OP
OP

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Oh, that’s complete horseshit. But I’m not surprised.

Try this. Go into the towing menu, select manage trailers, select your trailer, then scroll to the bottom where it says “smart navigation trailer set up” or something like that. Then set all of the dimensions of your trailer to zero and see if that helps. Stupid workaround, I know.
Yes, that would work. But then BLIS won't work while towing and that is a feature I do like to have. I use it more when towing than not. Lesser of two evils I guess?

I thought that if it had a height measurement I could reduce that to zero.
But, unfortunately the only measurements are width and length. So does Ford assume i'm towing a taller trailer with an F150 taller than a semi would tow?
I mean they can make it under the overpasses whith out a warning chime each time......:rolleyes:

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Yes, that would work. But then BLIS won't work while towing and that is a feature I do like to have. I use it more when towing than not. Lesser of two evils I guess?

I thought that if it had a height measurement I could reduce that to zero.
But, unfortunately the only measurements are width and length. So does Ford assume i'm towing a taller trailer with an F150 taller than a semi would tow?
I mean they can make it under the overpasses whith out a warning chime each time......:rolleyes:
The BLIS menu and the smart navigation menu are separate. I could see width and length in the smart navigation carrying over to the BLIS settings but you should be able to set height and weight to zero without interfering with the BLIS settings. Not perfect, but it will help.

If you get lucky, though, setting everything to zero in the navigation menu might turn smart navigation off. Then you can go back to the BLIS menu and just set width and length to the original values.

OP
OP

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The BLIS menu and the smart navigation menu are separate. I could see width and length in the smart navigation carrying over to the BLIS settings but you should be able to set height and weight to zero without interfering with the BLIS settings. Not perfect, but it will help.

If you get lucky, though, setting everything to zero in the navigation menu might turn smart navigation off. Then you can go back to the BLIS menu and just set width and length to the original values.
I can't access any features on the Ford Sync Nav menu unless I resubscribe.

I will reconfirm, but I think all the buttons are greyed out.

I set the length and height when I set up backup pro assist.
I believe that carries over to BLIS and Sync Nav.
It's in the trailer management screen.

Sponsored

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
What if you subscribe, pay the tax, disable the issue, then cancel the sub ?

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
I can't access any features on the Ford Sync Nav menu unless I resubscribe.

I will reconfirm, but I think all the buttons are greyed out.

I set the length and height when I set up backup pro assist.
I believe that carries over to BLIS and Sync Nav.
It's in the trailer management screen.
I understood what you meant earlier. I’m not talking about going into the navigation system at all. Go to the towing section and pull up your trailer profile (manage trailers). Right under the BLIS menu in the trailer profile there should be a second menu that lets you set up a second set of dimensions for use in the smart navigation. It’s not in the navigation section. It’s in the trailer profile. Is that entire menu grayed out?

OP
OP

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I understood what you meant earlier. I’m not talking about going into the navigation system at all. Go to the towing section and pull up your trailer profile (manage trailers). Right under the BLIS menu in the trailer profile there should be a second menu that lets you set up a second set of dimensions for use in the smart navigation. It’s not in the navigation section. It’s in the trailer profile. Is that entire menu grayed out?
Oh okay. I didn't notice a second menu. I'll look for it. (y)

OP
OP

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
What if you subscribe, pay the tax, disable the issue, then cancel the sub ?
Maybe? I turned it off every time I towed. So not sure if just defaults to 'ON' when I hook up my trailer. I'll try @JEB suggestion and see if that works next time we head out.