First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 STX Supercab 2.7
Occupation
Golf Cart Technician
The search function on this forum is great. Had the exact same problem (trailer RH brake light not functional despite LH brake light and RH signal working, truck did not recognize trailer disconnect, hyperflash with no trailer). Just like @Hank573 I had just installed the factory TBC. When I set up the module in Forscan I made three changes, disabled “rear fog lamps” and “retractable tow bar system” as well as changing transmission from manual to automatic. I changed all 3 parameters back and immediately got the “trailer disconnected” message. Just tried on a trailer and everything appears to be operational, both brake lights work and truck recognizes the trailer is disconnected. @LarryIT I suspect the “rear fog lamp” setting is the one that made the brake light start working. Not sure if the dealership software has the same settings as Forscan, maybe they have disabled that setting as well
Sponsored

Hank573

First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 302a package, Sport package, 2.7 EB
Occupation
retired
The search function on this forum is great. Had the exact same problem (trailer RH brake light not functional despite LH brake light and RH signal working, truck did not recognize trailer disconnect, hyperflash with no trailer). Just like @Hank573 I had just installed the factory TBC. When I set up the module in Forscan I made three changes, disabled “rear fog lamps” and “retractable tow bar system” as well as changing transmission from manual to automatic. I changed all 3 parameters back and immediately got the “trailer disconnected” message. Just tried on a trailer and everything appears to be operational, both brake lights work and truck recognizes the trailer is disconnected. @LarryIT I suspect the “rear fog lamp” setting is the one that made the brake light start working. Not sure if the dealership software has the same settings as Forscan, maybe they have disabled that setting as well
Jamie.....I found when I had the problem and reset FORSCAN option one at a time. The one that corrected was the transmission setting it back to manual.... not sure of the reason, you would assume that it should be automatic....but it caused the problem. have a great day