Sponsored

How do I determine my truck's Curb Weight?

OP
OP

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
Ordered March 31, 2021..delivered May 6, 2021. Only Trailer Tow package - 53A and Trailer Brake Controller - 53B. If there is another sticker it will be on top of the receiver and would have to take it off the truck to see it.
That's very odd. I don't think/believe the sticker would be on top. I would check with a dealer.

Is this a barcode on the left side? If so, did you try to scan it? Mine also has a barcode in the same location (bottom left corner).
Sponsored

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I will try scanning it and see if something comes up. If not, the truck goes to the dealer for a small rattling noise on Tuesday and will find out.

artwolf

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 PowerBoost King Ranch 601A
This has been enlightening for me. I have a 21 KR PB 4x4 5.5 bed with way too many options (didn't want them all, but the only one I could find), so my curb weight is calculated at 7350 GVWR - 1343 cargo = 6007! Doesn't leave much for my TT. I do love the 7.2kW genny.

JeffInCOS

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Lincoln Nautius BL
Occupation
Retired USAF and IT
I was going to take mine to the scales and weight it.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I was going to take mine to the scales and weight it.
This is the best way. Just remember to weigh with a full tank or try to estimate missing weight based on fuel gauge and 6 pounds per gallon. Then you'll know exactly how much it is versus the yellow sticker off the line.

Gros Ventre

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Powerboost
Your Manufacturers Statement of Origin wil have a Shipping Weight. That's a nearly empty gas tank and all standard equipment installed at the factory plus all other liquids. Since Ford doesn't want to pay to ship a full gas tank, they do assembly line testing which requires some fuel along with an ability to drive it around for loading and unloading during shipment, but they won't put much more fuel in it. So, at the end of the day, take your MSO Shipping weight, add to it fuel you put in (I'd assume there's about 4 g in it after arrival at your dealer before they fill the tank), add to it anything installed by your dealer (or you) and there it is. One thing to be careful of: I installed an auxiliary fuel tank. After some hauling around of stuff, I discovered that with two adults in the front seats and "stuff" in the back seat area, the front axle was below the GAWR but close while the rear axle had lots of room. So, if you do that, start paying attention to load distribution and put more "stuff" in the bed and less in the back seat.
Sponsored