Sponsored

Alarm goes off with truck turned off and trailer connected.

fishrods

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford f150
Occupation
retired
So I have figured out on my truck it most definitely was because all of my trailers have LED Brake/Turn Signals. I added two incandescent lights (one on each side) to the brake/turn signal circuit and my truck works perfect now. Does NOT matter what kind of lights you have for tail/markers lights only the brake light circuit. The LED lights do not draw enough current for the truck to pick up that lights are still plug in so the truck thinks someone has unhooked the lights. Hope this helps some others!
I know that it's been a while since your post, but was wondering if this fix will definitely fix the truck's horn sounding when a trailer is connected and the truck is locked?
Sponsored

christophers

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Hybrid
I know that it's been a while since your post, but was wondering if this fix will definitely fix the truck's horn sounding when a trailer is connected and the truck is locked?
maybe, but it’s not a scalable or correct solution to the problem. there’s a sore are update that fixes this issue that can be applied by your dealer.

fishrods

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford f150
Occupation
retired
maybe, but it’s not a scalable or correct solution to the problem. there’s a sore are update that fixes this issue that can be applied by your dealer.
Unfortunately, I've had the truck, 2022 F150 built in May, 2022, at the dealers for a couple days and they say that the SSM doesn't apply to my VIN. My dealer is not the sharpest tack in the box. I think they're wrong and I may get it done in the next few months when I have to bring the truck back in for 2 recalls for which Ford has no parts right now. I wanted a quick, possible temporary, solution to the problem now. If I could put two incadescent lights in the brake circuit of the trailer, it would be an easy fix.

Gator87

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 3.5 ecoboost
Yes this still has been the fix for me, just add a regular halogen/incandescent light or maybe even some resistors to the brake/signal circuit and you will stop setting the alarm off when locking your doors If you watch your trailer lights after you lock your doors you will notice after about 30sec your brake lights will light up then alarm will go off, that is the truck testing the circuit in which my case the led lights didn’t have enough resistance for the truck to recognize it’s still plugged in so it was thinking someone unplugged the trailer and stealing it Hope this helps you too!

fishrods

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford f150
Occupation
retired
Yes this still has been the fix for me, just add a regular halogen/incandescent light or maybe even some resistors to the brake/signal circuit and you will stop setting the alarm off when locking your doors If you watch your trailer lights after you lock your doors you will notice after about 30sec your brake lights will light up then alarm will go off, that is the truck testing the circuit in which my case the led lights didn’t have enough resistance for the truck to recognize it’s still plugged in so it was thinking someone unplugged the trailer and stealing it Hope this helps you too!
Great, I've bought a couple of small amber incadescent lights that I'll attach to the side of the trailer and hook them up to the brake/blinker circuit. I hope this works.

Sponsored

fishrods

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford f150
Occupation
retired
Great, I've bought a couple of small amber incadescent lights that I'll attach to the side of the trailer and hook them up to the brake/blinker circuit. I hope this works.
I have a question about my truck's false trailer theft alarm. I just received notice that an OTA update 22S17 will be done to update the software on my truck's trailer relay module. I know this update is for fixing the issue with braking of a towed vehicle. My question is, will it also fix the problem with false alarms on the trailer theft alarm mentioned above?

BILDOZER

First Name
BILL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat, 2017 Ford Escape
Occupation
Management
Well not that its a help to you but, My truck alarm would also go off with the trailer disconected message when it was connected as well. My trailer is all LED lights and I didnt change anything. There was a OTA update and BAM!!!, no further issues. I think it was the Sept. 22 update.
Sponsored