First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I have been trying to figure out what the deal is with the recirc. turning off myself.

I had it on last time I took a long drive in the mountains and it never shut off once for the whole 45min. trip. Normally in that case, I would have turned the recirculate off myself to smell the clean mountain air. I just wanted to see when it turned off and I even had my stopwatch running to see how long it took.

Then, when I am in the city, it sometimes will stay on but then sometimes it will turn off after as little as 5min. it’s infuriating and I have been catching myself looking down at it whenever I get stuck behind a diesel truck or driving by some landscapers with dust blowers. I shouldn’t need to be distracted by something so simple that every other manufacturer lets its customers decide for themselves how it operates. In the manual, it says it’s so the windows won’t fog up! On my prior truck, an ’06 Silverado, recirculate can’t even be turned on when the defrost vents are selected. That is a far less ridiculous option, I quickly learned not to select the defrost vent setting if I wanted recirculate selected as well.

One of the worst things about this truck in my opinion!
I heard it is controlled by a moisture sensor in the air system and when the moisture in the cab is too high it will shut off and bring in dryer fresh air. I asked because I would have the heat on and it would show the AC was on as well.
Sponsored

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Be careful of mis-information. Only 502a Lariat and up do.
I have LED's on my XLT. It is an option for LED lighting. The front and rear turn signals are not LED tho. To get those you have to go to a Lariat

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
lmao I have remote start on my 2017 and I couldn't figure it out, and gave up and never used it. But I never really cared.

I thought it would be great on the Powerboost so that we can remotely start Propower while in the trailer, but you cannot turn it on from the app or fob. Would have been great use for me finally!
Edit: This function has been removed from FordPass. :(
So my enthusiasm for the feature is now extinct. You have to put your robe on now and go out to the truck.

If you connect FordPass to your truck via Bluetooth, and the truck is close enough to the trailer to support that connection, you can enable ProPower from the app. FordPass has extended functionality when connected "locally" to the truck VS a cloud connection.

Last edited:

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
I heard it is controlled by a moisture sensor in the air system...
If so, I would like to know where it is so I can disconnect it and jump it with a resistor. There are maybe three times a year in AZ when the windshield fogging becomes an issue but there's constant road work, construction, diesel trucks and dust to contend with.

I heard it was some kind of fuzzy logic or pseudo random function in the climate control module. I would like to see a schematic and if there's any convenient way to bypass the circuit that controls the door actuators and hard wire it to the switch, or other solution. It's possibly the most frustrating aspect of my experiences with this truck.

The only other way to keep it on recirc. is to always have it on Max A/C. Even then, I find myself checking to make sure the light is still lit on the button :/

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I don't know how it works but I do remember shortly after acquiring my new Powerboost that I was a little puzzled why I had to enable recirculation every time I started the truck. Afterall, my previous 2 Ecoboost F150's didn't require the practice.

And then suddenly, sometime around a month of ownership, it no longer reverted to Fresh Air on its own. And hasn't since.

Sponsored

67440dodge

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 XL on order 67 Dodge Coronet 440
Occupation
Retired
If you're like me and not a fan of auto stop/start on vehicles, there's a little trick you can do when ordering it. Have them delete it. Not only will it not come with it, it knocks of $50 on the MSRP.

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
If you're like me and not a fan of auto stop/start on vehicles, there's a little trick you can do when ordering it. Have them delete it. Not only will it not come with it, it knocks of $50 on the MSRP.
I should get $50 back..
Mine ony works about 20% of my stops..

EatDirtFartDust

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT, 2015 Lincoln MKZ
Occupation
Ford service manager
You know how much money Ford saves by you leaving off that feature? They should def give you more than $50.
They can put a standard battery in, instead of a glass-Matt, and one less button.

bakerd

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport FX4
Occupation
Appraiser/Assessor
Also...if you do not press on the brake hard enough and shift into park...the truck turns on the park brake...found that out a few times.
THank you! I couldn't figure out why the dang parking brake kept coming on!!

bakerd

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport FX4
Occupation
Appraiser/Assessor
Well, just got mine on Saturday. This is helping tremendously. I hate that there is not the autolock as you walk away feature.

Question, on Remote Start, mine starts and I found where you can do auto or last setting climate control, which is fine, but when I do it and then start, the seat warmer automatically comes on. THat's great when its cold, but its not cold or cold enough for that.. how do you turn that off from auto turning on. I didn't have it on when I got out either.

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On my 18, both the steering wheel heat and seat heat were triggered by some ambient temp sensor. It would automatically be enabled if it was cold enough, and not be if it wasn't.
I don't know how similar or different my new 2021 is because it isn't cold enough yet to know.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Well, just got mine on Saturday. This is helping tremendously. I hate that there is not the autolock as you walk away feature.

Question, on Remote Start, mine starts and I found where you can do auto or last setting climate control, which is fine, but when I do it and then start, the seat warmer automatically comes on. THat's great when its cold, but its not cold or cold enough for that.. how do you turn that off from auto turning on. I didn't have it on when I got out either.
I have that happen also. I think it is because the cab is not up to the temperature setting that is on the dial. I will try shutting the truck off with the dial turned down to "LO" and the remote start the truck. See if comes on.

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
I wish it had this as well. Hell, my 10 year old CTS-V has it!

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech

Kingtermite

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch, 2018 Kia niro
Occupation
Software Dev
Not so much a tip about the truck itself, but something I did that I'm kinda liking.

In last few years I've found that a few bumper "stickers" I got were magnets. Like them a LOT more because I can take them off without worrying about residue or easily move location if I want.

A while back I bought "magnetic printer sheets" from Amazon and I made/printed my own bumper sticker/magnets for the truck.

https://amazon.com/gp/product/B00YYGYQLA/

I've made/printed a few that I plan to put on truck and they came out nicely.
Sponsored

Last edited: