First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch, 2018 Kia niro
Occupation
Software Dev
A few questions too of things bugging me so far. All first world problems, but things that are slightly annoying.

1. Is there a way to have it keep the drive mode I was last in when I start it up again. Annoying me that it keeps reverting to "normal".

2. Is there a way to reduce volume of the backup signal when reversing? Wife said it was very loud.

3. I have NAV set up to show traffic, but I'm not seeing any traffic indication on the map. Am I missing something?
Sponsored

Bandito

First Name
Rodrigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Limited PowerBoost
1. Esentially, no. It normally resets to Normal after not being used for a while. I typically drive in Econ, but have to select it at each start unless the vehicle hasn't been sitting for too long. In that case, it will ask if I want to stay in Econ. I'm not sure how long that it has to sit to not ask about keeping the setting.

2. I don't think so, but I'm not sure. Mine is noticeable, but I wouldn't call it loud.

3. I'm not sure where the truck is getting traffic information from. Ford used to get it from Sirius/XM, but in the 2021s the Sirius/XM travel apps are missing, so I don't think they are using them anymore. It most major metro areas, some of the local FM stations broadcast traffic information that the radio can pick up, but if you're not in an area with that type of coverage you won't get anything. As far as the Nav system goes, it will show traffic by coloring the road lines on the map. Red for very heavy traffic and yellow for medium traffic. It will also use the traffic info to reroute you if you have that option enabled in the settings.

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
Just found this hint today and hadn't seen it mentioned. Maybe it was, but deeper in the forums. When you are on the standard backup screen (12" screen) where it shows 360 view and what's in front, you have the ability to zoom in to a closer look at different points on the 360 degree portion. This may also work in reverse (haven't tested, just found it today).

Another thing is, you have more backing camera options when a trailer is attached.

Dd08

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion
May have been mentioned already but I noticed a lot of people mention their auto start/stop doesn't work half the time.. I too had the same question until I popped open the Auto Start/Stop in myview and noticed when I'm braked it provides an explanation/status on the feature in the screen.

Mine frequently isn't turning off due to engine temperature or heating/cooling the cab. Or so it says....

ttnuagmada

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport FX4 5.0
3. I have NAV set up to show traffic, but I'm not seeing any traffic indication on the map. Am I missing something?
I forget the exact steps, but you have to go into the Fordpass app in the Sync 4 menu and enable certain permissions.

Sponsored

JPNewIn22

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Occupation
Sales Manager
Have anyone try to take of seatbelt and open the drivers door while in drive? It automatically goes in park. Though that was nice safety feature.
That is cool! I actually did that once in my 2016 F150, can’t even tell you what I was thinking. Fortunately I hopped back in the cab in time to save the day ?

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
Have anyone try to take of seatbelt and open the drivers door while in drive? It automatically goes in park. Though that was nice safety feature.
How is it "nice"? It does nothing other than frying up your transmission. If you open the door at 60 mph (intentially; the door won't open by itself), putting the truck in park won't give you any measure of safety, meaning - it won't make you safer nor it will prevent anything from happening to you. The truck will continue to roll down the road until it finally stops and from 60 mph it may take some time. It won't prevent you from flying out from the vehicle (if that's what the engineer who designed it had in mind) but it will certainly destroy the tranny. IMO it's just another gimmic, just like the electronically folding shifter.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Huh?
What it will do is put the truck in park if you release your seat belt with the door open.
I admit that only a couple of times in my 63 years have I been absent minded enough to step out of a vehicle in drive, and I was able to immediately come to my senses.
This feature would have been there to catch the truck unattended.

What am I missing?

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
How is it "nice"? It does nothing other than frying up your transmission. If you open the door at 60 mph (intentially; the door won't open by itself), putting the truck in park won't give you any measure of safety, meaning - it won't make you safer nor it will prevent anything from happening to you. The truck will continue to roll down the road until it finally stops and from 60 mph it may take some time. It won't prevent you from flying out from the vehicle (if that's what the engineer who designed it had in mind) but it will certainly destroy the tranny. IMO it's just another gimmic, just like the electronically folding shifter.
I would be interested to see if you could open the door with a 60 MPH wind pushing against it and why would you do that? I was just stepping out to grab a coffee?

I am sure that you would have to be stopped, seatbelt off and door opened for it to move to park.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I certainly won't be opening the door at speed and then unfastening the seat belt just to verify if Ford was smart enough NOT to shift to Park. I'm just saying. ???

Sponsored

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
I would be interested to see if you could open the door with a 60 MPH wind pushing against it and why would you do that? I was just stepping out to grab a coffee?

I am sure that you would have to be stopped, seatbelt off and door opened for it to move to park.
I agree with you on being able to open this door at 60 mph.
I can assure you that I am not going to test this function on my truck, 60 mph nor 0 ?

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I agree with you on being able to open this door at 60 mph.
I can assure you that I am not going to test this function on my truck, 60 mph nor 0 ?
I know it works at 0 mph...mines has done it a couple of times when I first got it.:D:D:D

futuretrunks

First Name
Jewelrean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
honda accord ‘18 ford bronco ‘21
Occupation
manager
The low beams are more focused and they move slightly the direction the steering wheel is turning, this is to better light up where you are turning to.
Do the cornering led reflectors for this ?

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Do the cornering led reflectors for this ?
Not sure of your question but the low beams have a focus lens and the whole thing moves slightly with the steering wheel focusing the light in that direction.

spiceagent11

First Name
Spice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Suzuki 800
I would like to know a way to trick the system to keep the recirculate on. I’ve tried many ways and was told a few ways on the forums but still shuts off after a few mins.
Sponsored