First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
two ford transits, ford edge st
Occupation
electrical contractor
do you have any tricks for fard to get me my truck i ordered in Aug/sept of 21 it was changed to 22 in oct of 21 now just waiting to see if it becomes a 23 dealer sid production should be aug but no promise

arrowhead.flies

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 SC/ STX
Occupation
Project Manager
I have a 2022 F150 SC STX. I also live in an area with NO web. Aside from home wifi. Will my Ford Pass work with the home wifi? Or is it really not functional unless the truck us getting an over the air internet signal? Just curious nothing seems to work at home. And honestly never taken a minute to try and get it to work when out of this dead zone. Additionally, maybe the STX remote start through Ford PASS won't work anyways?

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I have a 2022 F150 SC STX. I also live in an area with NO web. Aside from home wifi. Will my Ford Pass work with the home wifi? Or is it really not functional unless the truck us getting an over the air internet signal? Just curious nothing seems to work at home. And honestly never taken a minute to try and get it to work when out of this dead zone. Additionally, maybe the STX remote start through Ford PASS won't work anyways?
If I understand it correctly, the Ford Pass and OTA's seem to be using cell connections if WIFI is not available. I can use FP to start my truck at work where it is not connected to WIFI, just cell coverage.

Sponsored

Coachboz

First Name
Coach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Platinum | 3.5L PB Hyb
Will my Ford Pass work with the home wifi?
It should, but one thing I've seen happen with me and also a friend, is that even though it can connect to the home wi-fi (and even with what appears to be a reasonable strong signal based on the wi-fi "bars") the reality is that it is too far away for a strong connection. This sometimes even happens with a cell phone. Say you're parked in your driveway with the garage closed. It may show a connection to your home wi-fi, but unless you test the throughput, it actually may not be strong enough to sustain even basic connectivity requirements. So just something to be aware of.

mrtull

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT SCrew SB, FX4 with Tow
Occupation
Teacher
Here's a tip/trick that I did not know about and am surprised it isn't marketed more:
Guided VIrtual Tour
I signed up for a call this Saturday so I'll see how it goes. It's no charge and is offered through the ford.com/support website. Ford support material are hit and miss so I do not have high expectations.... but don't knock it till you try it I 'spose. :sneaky:

Nomis

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat FX4 w/ 5.0
One thing I noticed last night when i went for a little drive was it seems to apply the parking brake when I stop. I haven't driven it much aside from the initial 750 km drive up to work 10 days ago. So I wanted to just put around in the bush where Im working and push buttons and stuff.

These oilfield roads all haven't been plowed in a week or so because of christmas so I was in 4wd auto and just kinda puttering around. When I'd stop and put it in park this little red circle with an exclamation point would pop up.

Is that what it means? or is something not working properly?

sglide05

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
One thing I noticed last night when i went for a little drive was it seems to apply the parking brake when I stop. I haven't driven it much aside from the initial 750 km drive up to work 10 days ago. So I wanted to just put around in the bush where Im working and push buttons and stuff.

These oilfield roads all haven't been plowed in a week or so because of christmas so I was in 4wd auto and just kinda puttering around. When I'd stop and put it in park this little red circle with an exclamation point would pop up.

Is that what it means? or is something not working properly?

Can you include a picture?

Nomis

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Can you include a picture?

This is the symbol here. It seemed to just shut-off when I put it back in drive. When I activate the park brake manually it's the same symbol.

I think maybe I turned auto park brake on by accident when I was pushing buttons.

Ford F-150 Hints-tips-tricks for Gen 14 20221230_095352

Sponsored

sglide05

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
That symbol means there is an issue with your brake system. That's straight from the manual.

super sparky

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
two ford transits, ford edge st
Occupation
electrical contractor
Thought this might help to have a single place to put hints-tips-tricks for these trucks as folks figure things out. The smarter ones will find solutions and can let everyone know how to achieve whatever it is.(y)

An example of something that was discussed in another location. The double honk when you get out of a parked truck that is still running and have the key fob on you. A safety feature, yes, aggravating sometimes, yes.

The only thing I have found that works is to not close your door all the way. Short of voiding your warranty that is the only way I have found.

There are some brilliant people here and these are very complex capable trucks, hope to see some great things.
I just wish i would get my truck to see these things 15 months and waiting

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
what the hell the truck is brand new
Being brand new probably increases the odds of a DTC or two, actually.

These trucks have a daunting number of components and the shear volume of pieces of the whole pie that are required to work in perfect harmony is amazing.

You'll need to scan for codes to see what is triggering the alert.

Nomis

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Being brand new probably increases the odds of a DTC or two, actually.

These trucks have a daunting number of components and the shear volume of pieces of the whole pie that are required to work in perfect harmony is amazing.

You'll need to scan for codes to see what is triggering the alert.
I left my code reader at home when i came up here. Kept it in my old truck all the time.

I'll be dropping it off at the stealership when i go on days off so I'll add it to the list along with my driver door not closing properly.
Sponsored