Sponsored

Trading a 12th gen for a 14th gen worth it?

Abraham5G

First Name
Abraham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Platinum BAP Star White EcoBoost
I'm thinking of doing just that, selling my 2014 Tremor and getting a 2024 Lariat or maybe a Platinum. My 2014 is great but I want a 4 door now.
Sponsored

J17GT

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502a
I went from a 2011 FX4 5.0 with just 80k on it to a 2023 Lariat Ecoboost back in February this year. I absolutely loved the 2011. My youngest daughter cried when I sold it and was mad at me for days. LOL

I did have lots of small issues with the 2011 that were starting to wear on me a bit. Seemed like every month or so something was wrong. Not get you stranded stuff, but things like the door handle breaking, blower motor quit, heated seat stopped working, things like that. But the worst was the rust underneath, it was looking pretty rough from the winters and salt. Shame on me for not cleaning it more I guess. Heck the valve cover bolts were so rusted I don’t think you’d get a socket on them.

The 2023 has treated me pretty decent so far with 7800 miles on the truck. I’m into tech and enjoy most of what the truck has to offer, but it can be buggy at times. It does seem like a big computer on wheels, but most new vehicles are that way now I suppose. What impresses me most is the drivetrain. I do some towing and wow does this thing have gobs of power over the old truck. Just awesome.

I’d say the biggest difference is the 2011 felt like it had some character to it. This truck has none of that. Maybe with time and more memories with the truck it will develop some. The 2011 still had decent value, so I thought the time was right to let it go. Do I think this truck is built as well as the old one? I guess time will tell, but the internet will say it’s not. All vehicle makes and models have issues, there is no escaping it, but chances are the new one will treat you well If that’s the route you decide to go.

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
I’m probably gonna get a lot of biased answers but I’ll ask anyway, is it worth trading/selling my 2012 for a 2021+ truck? I’m just wondering if the quality of the new trucks is better than the older trucks? My 2012 needs a cam phaser replacement and some detail work but otherwise it’s a solid truck with 116K miles on it.

EDIT: Does anyone regret trading their 12th gen compared to 13 or 14th gen?
I always rent one before I buy. My 2021 GEN14 is the 1st new vehicle I’ve purchased in many years without renting one first, just because nobody had any at that time.

More than once I’ve been disappointed in a vehicle I had my heart set on buying after driving the rental.

Ford F-150 Trading a 12th gen for a 14th gen worth it? Two Cents
Sponsored