Sponsored

Help! TSB for rear axle bolt shearing off?

RyanStroeder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost - Leadfoot
Does anyone have the technical service bulletin number for the rear axle sharing off on a powerboost max tow package? I see that it is a very common issue and need to be prepared to discuss with my dealership. What a surprise when you hear clanging around and find a bolt sheared off! Thank you
Sponsored

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
I hope that I am wrong but as far as I know, Ford is silent on the matter and the dealerships are varied in their response.

So far, I feel that contacting one of the popular online truck media outlets might be the only realistic option at this point:

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...floating-locker-axle-issue.10801/#post-222892

I’ll even write the headline for them:

Introducing Ford’s 3/4 Floating Axle, One Quarter of the Advantages of a Full Floating Axle at 90% of the Cost and One Serious Flaw!

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Those that are the kind to be informed already are.
I'm sure your efforts will widen the audience some, but the noise at that level is highly competitive. The average person's attention span drops dramatically below the threshold of things like forums and their participants.

Even you discovered once you got here that it was already broadcasted and considered old news.

Having said all that, go for it!
If it aids in any way to getting our trucks fixed quicker? We'd be grateful. :)

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
Those that are the kind to be informed already are.
I'm sure your efforts will widen the audience some, but the noise at that level is highly competitive. The average person's attention span drops dramatically below the threshold of things like forums and their participants.

Even you discovered once you got here that it was already broadcasted and considered old news.

Having said all that, go for it!
If it aids in any way to getting our trucks fixed quicker? We'd be grateful. :)
You said that as if you think we'll ever see him here again.:eek:

Sponsored

Farmerj

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2020 (2023)
Sounds like a law firm phishing for a class action.

Nukem1040

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
Does anyone have this TSB? I'm going into Ford to get ahead of a disaster.

ryanc111

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leadfoot Powerboost
At this time, they won't do anything unless it is broken.
This. My passenger bolt sheared last week, which they replaced, but they wouldn't preemptively replace the driver side bolt. I have a great relationship with my service advisor but still couldn't make it happen.

Nukem1040

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
So if this stands, I'm assuming that's why you all are buying the bolts yourselves and replacing?

Sponsored

KingDavid

First Name
Dah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SCREW 4×4 5.0
I have a 5.0 built 03/21, so I don't know if I'm susceptible to a sheared bolt, but I do not mind replacing them myself right now while my mileage is still low (~6800) if someone can link the best bolt to install...maybe arp?

I bought it used from a Hyundai dealer out of state. I don't know what packages I have on my truck. I just know I love it. I did get a bunch of towing related equipment in a parts bag when I got the truck though, but I have zero intention or need of towing anything.

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!

Attachments

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
I bought it used from a Hyundai dealer out of state. I don't know what packages I have on my truck.
Pry off the 2-1/2" diameter center cap on the rear wheels; if, and only if, you see a hex bolt head located dead center in the end of the axle, you have the Max Tow Package.

KingDavid

First Name
Dah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pry off the 2-1/2" diameter center cap on the rear wheels; if, and only if, you see a hex bolt head located dead center in the end of the axle, you have the Max Tow Package.
Thanks, I'll check it out in the AM.

KingDavid

First Name
Dah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Checked while I changed my oil, no hex bolt. Thank you for this information. I was ready to take it out, measure it and replace with an arp stud if I could. I wish the best of luck to those of you with that package. Hopefully there's a resolution that allows you guys to fix it before it snaps.
Sponsored