OP
OP
AppRolls

AppRolls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch Powerboost
I wonder if it could have anything to do with the 12v SOC? My ‘21 is almost 3 years old and the temps have been low. I don’t yet have an OBD monitor to check my battery’s SOC.
Sponsored

Kshort62

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 limited Powerboost,
Occupation
Process Control Technician
I wonder if it could have anything to do with the 12v SOC? My ‘21 is almost 3 years old and the temps have been low. I don’t yet have an OBD monitor to check my battery’s SOC.
My battery is maybe 2 months old , new replacement from dealership .. pretty sure that’s not the problem.

Kangio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 PB Platinum RR BAP in production 4/5/23
Same here on my 23 PB Plat. Whether I remote start via fob or FP app, no heated seats. Setting in truck are for auto, was 28*F this morning. Seat heaters were also on when truck last driven. Glad to hear this isn’t just me. As far as I know this has never worked on my truck.

Mash150

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 King Ranch, 157, SQ , PB
Occupation
Unskilled House Mechanic
The truck must sense the ambient air temperature to determine heat vs cool. How this is accomplished I don’t know. Perhaps there is a related problem and it’s not being detected at engine start. This could explain why some of you have problems while others don’t., all else being equal in settings. Myself, I’ve never had a problem with either the 18 or 21 trucks .

Kangio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 PB Platinum RR BAP in production 4/5/23
It still runs the cabin heater full blast, just not the seat heaters. So it at least knows it’s “cold” outside.

Sponsored

BRDVPRA

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 2021 Explorer ST
Occupation
Yep
Are we getting the FOB remote start vs the Ford Pass App remote start confused? My FOB seems to turn the seats and wheel on, but my Ford Pass does not seem to turn them on.
I tested mine last night and this morning. It is in a garage but still well below 50F. Neither app nor the fob turned on the seat heater or steering wheel heater. I am 95% sure that is used to turn those on. Yes my settings are set to auto.

WalterMitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor
You've got me all worried now.

I have a 2023, and use the Ford Pass app to turn the truck on all the time so that I can come into a warm truck (heat on, seat on). The default is that the seat is turned on high (all 3 bars), so when I actually fully start the truck, I always have to remember to put it down to 1 bar. So I know all was working fine.

That said, I haven't tried it in a while, due to some travel and working from home. In the past, I know that I have had it set to AUTO, and it turns on the Heater and the Seat and both are warm when I get to the truck (don't have the heated steering wheel thanks to Ford deleting it).

Today truck is currently in a parking lot of my commuter train station. The temp on the dash was -2 when I left it there this morning. I will test it out tonight. My move is to use the FP app to start it up about one stop before mine.

I will let you know how it goes. I'm going to be really bummed if all isn't working as it once was.

I did just get an update on Jan 11, to 6.5.0. I hope this didn't mess it up.

JIMFOUNTAIN

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SCREW PB 6.5' 701A
I just re-tested mine as well. 6 minutes into a FORDPASS start and I have a warm steering wheel but cold seats. Temperature 26 degrees. All settings "Auto".

Tomorrow I will try a remote start with the key FOB to see if there is a difference.
Remote start via key fob. 6 minutes run time. Truck bed in the shade about 25 degrees. HVAC Blowing warm(ish). Steering wheel almost 80 degrees.
Ford F-150 Heated seats via FordPass 1705446927998

Seat surface 40 something degrees (messed up photo). Not warm but not ice cold.

Interior surfaces in general 28.6 degrees.
Ford F-150 Heated seats via FordPass 1705447080699

Some somewhat working. The seats used to get much warmer after a remote start. Something no bueno somewhere.

OP
OP
AppRolls

AppRolls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch Powerboost
Remote start via key fob. 6 minutes run time. Truck bed in the shade about 25 degrees. HVAC Blowing warm(ish). Steering wheel almost 80 degrees.
1705446927998.png

Seat surface 40 something degrees (messed up photo). Not warm but not ice cold.

Interior surfaces in general 28.6 degrees.
1705447080699.png

Some somewhat working. The seats used to get much warmer after a remote start. Something no bueno somewhere.
Thanks for doing that Jim! Yup, something is no bueno for sure!

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
My 22 402A seats and steering wheel are warm with remote start. The lights on the hvac module are off until I start it, but you can tell they’re on. Conversely, in the summer you can tell that the ventilated seats were on. The lights in the hvac controls remain off until the start button is pushed.
Same here if I am not mistaken. 21' 502A. The lights are off, they come on when I press the Start button, but the steering wheel is definitely warm and although I really don't remember if I "met" a warm/heated seat, it certainly feels hot pretty quick after getting in, compared to when I turn it on manually and wait for it to heat up.

Sponsored

Kshort62

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 limited Powerboost,
Occupation
Process Control Technician
You would think someone would be able to provide a explanation/solution to this

JIMFOUNTAIN

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SCREW PB 6.5' 701A
Another remote key fob start. All on Auto as before. 6 minutes running. First the facts:

12V battery nearly fully charged as I have been trying to get an OTA and have been charging overnight recently. So this is not a factor.

Truck outside body temp 29.8.
Ford F-150 Heated seats via FordPass 1705536571159

Steering wheel hot:

Ford F-150 Heated seats via FordPass 1705536636907

Seat back cool but not at ambient:
Ford F-150 Heated seats via FordPass 1705536793851

Seat bottom warmer but not "warm."
Ford F-150 Heated seats via FordPass 1705536865839

Speculation: So when you sit down on a 67 degree seat and a 44 degree seatback you are NOT thinking "This is nice and warm." Even the first seat heater setting is much warmer than this.. especially the back.

But the seat heating is in fact "working" otherwise the seats would have been about 30 degrees.

Maybe Ford is worried about seat temps or something and only lets the seats get marginally warm until the Start button is pushed. Maybe "Auto" is working as designed.. but less than desired... and we just don't know why.

But that speculation seems false to me as my butt fondly remembers warm remote started seats early in the ownership (2021). Anyone have any ideas?

WBravo

First Name
Westley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor 3.5EB
I noticed this thread this evening and thought about a recent issue I had with my rain sensing wipers… it’s a long shot, but check the settings in your “guest” profile. See if that is not set to auto and try again if you have to change it. It may only be a wiper thing, but changing settings in my named profile did nothing, swapped and changed the guest and got results. Fingers crossed it helps!

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Never used any profiles but that is an interesting idea.

WBravo

First Name
Westley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor 3.5EB
Never used any profiles but that is an interesting idea.
As I said, long shot but I am curious how far reaching that particular bug is. I’m stranded at 6.2.0 so that has nothing to do with my issue. I’ll see if my seats are active on the guest profile for grins.
Sponsored