Sponsored

Remote start and climate control/heated seats

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
I went into Vehicle Settings > Remote Start and set Climate to Last and Heated Seats to Auto. But when I remote start the truck the climate control doesn’t show it’s on and set, and it doesn’t seem to be blowing.

My questions are:
- How do I set the car so I can remote start it and get the heater going?
- What does Auto mean for the heater seats and how can I make it so they are heated when I remote start the truck?
- Same for the heated steering wheel? I don’t see a setting for that under Remote Start settings.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
The heated seats only turn on below a certain temperature. Not sure exactly what that is some where around 38°

spud_41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 502a, Lead Foot 3.5L EB Fx4
I went into Vehicle Settings > Remote Start and set Climate to Last and Heated Seats to Auto. But when I remote start the truck the climate control doesn’t show it’s on and set, and it doesn’t seem to be blowing.

My questions are:
- How do I set the car so I can remote start it and get the heater going?
- What does Auto mean for the heater seats and how can I make it so they are heated when I remote start the truck?
- Same for the heated steering wheel? I don’t see a setting for that under Remote Start settings.

Thanks!
I don't remember what all I set but I set the seats to auto, when I remote start my butt warmers and heated steering wheel are both on when the truck feels it's cold enough which so far has been almost every time. I think there was a day in the low 70's that it had the ac on and the seats and steering wheel weren't running.

Voss

First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 PB Lariat
I'm having the same problem. I checked my settings, both climate and seats and steering wheel are set to 'auto'. I was hoping as it got colder I would see it come on, but truck said 34 this morning and seats and steering wheel weren't on :(.

It's not that bad b/c once I start the truck the seat and steering heat up fast, but I like things to work the way they are supposed to!

Any suggestions?

KartRacer25

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SuperCab Sport 4x4 5.0 3.73 Space White
Occupation
Senior Software Engineer
Was wondering why my butt was on fire lately...

Sponsored

gtotco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A FX4 3.5L
I'm having the same problem. I checked my settings, both climate and seats and steering wheel are set to 'auto'. I was hoping as it got colder I would see it come on, but truck said 34 this morning and seats and steering wheel weren't on :(.

It's not that bad b/c once I start the truck the seat and steering heat up fast, but I like things to work the way they are supposed to!

Any suggestions?
Doesn’t answer your question but yesterday I used the remote and steering wheel and seats were on and it was high 40s outside.

mwf5888

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR PowerBoost FX4 & 2024 Escape Platinum
Occupation
Instructional Designer
You can use one of two settings for the Remote Start Climate Controls for A/C & Heat, seats, and steering wheel.
1. Auto - when the vehicle is below a specified temperature the seats and steering wheel will warm.
2. Last Setting - this allows you to turn on the heated seat(s) and steering wheel prior to shutting off the truck and if you Remote Start it returns to those settings.

TeamCanada

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
New to this forum, but I too have the same issue. My 2013 was set to automatic temps and when remote started in below freezing temps would turn on the defrost to high, seats would turn on and after 10-15 minutes, my windows were clear of frost and the truck was nice and warm, ready for me to drive away.
My 2021 Lariat is set for auto temps, the heated seats and wheel are supposed to come on. This week, we have had below freezing temps and I come out after 15 minutes and my windows are still frosty and no heat on seats or wheel. The temps are blowing from the floor and defrost, but at a low fa setting until I have to push the start button, and the heated seats and wheel comes on, then I have to set it for max defrost and wait another 5 minutes for the windows to clear. I know I can set the temps to last setting, but I don't want to have to remember to set it to max defrost every time I park my truck at night.

TeamCanada

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
I guess I will have to take my truck in for a look. When I set my climate and heated seats and wheel to auto, they do not come on when remote starting, but only when I get in and press the start button. Windows were still frosted up until I turn it manually to max defrost and wait until clear.
If I set my controls to last setting, leave the climate on max defrost, heated seats and wheel on, turn off my truck. Next morning, remote start my truck and come out after 10 minutes, seats and wheel were not on, heat was blowing slightly, but not on max defrost, windows were still frosted up, rear defrost not on.
Frustrating that I have to get into my truck after it has been running, to have to wait until the heated seats and wheel warm up, and to wait while the windows defrost.

Voss

First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 PB Lariat
I guess I will have to take my truck in for a look. When I set my climate and heated seats and wheel to auto, they do not come on when remote starting, but only when I get in and press the start button. Windows were still frosted up until I turn it manually to max defrost and wait until clear.
If I set my controls to last setting, leave the climate on max defrost, heated seats and wheel on, turn off my truck. Next morning, remote start my truck and come out after 10 minutes, seats and wheel were not on, heat was blowing slightly, but not on max defrost, windows were still frosted up, rear defrost not on.
Frustrating that I have to get into my truck after it has been running, to have to wait until the heated seats and wheel warm up, and to wait while the windows defrost.
Mine is the same, even with changing the settings to 'last setting' and defrost on high it won't defrost the windows and the seats and steering wheel don't come on. I'm taking my truck in next week for them to fix a factory defect in the bed and will ask them about this as well. I'll let you know if I find out anything helpful.

Sponsored

TeamCanada

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
Mine is the same, even with changing the settings to 'last setting' and defrost on high it won't defrost the windows and the seats and steering wheel don't come on. I'm taking my truck in next week for them to fix a factory defect in the bed and will ask them about this as well. I'll let you know if I find out anything helpful.
Let me know what you find out. I'm afraid the dealer will say thats how it works without giving me an answer why some work and some don't.

drbross21

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 502A
My Lariat is doing the same. Seats and wheel are set to auto and I remote started it the other day when it was -10 (Canada) and they weren’t on until I got in it and started. My 2019 when you got in the seats and wheel would be nice and warm. I hope someone gets some answers because this can’t be how they were intended to work. FordPass keeps giving me this message to fine tune my climate settings but when you hit setup nothing happens. Not sure if Ford is working on adjustable climate settings for FordPass and that’s part of the issue or what’s going on. If anyone gets any answers please post.

drbross21

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 502A
Did you end up taking it in to get looked at? I’m curious what the dealer has to say.

Derek83

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Mustang GT, 2021 F150 SCREW Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Let me know what you find out. I'm afraid the dealer will say thats how it works without giving me an answer why some work and some don't.
I thought i was losing my mind. My 17 xlt with factory remote start would work here in canada exactly how each of us expect the 21s to work. My 21 lariat, seats are warm, but the max defrost definitely is not running until i get in and turn it on.
My 17 didnt have the auto climate control that my 21 has and that i use. Could this be feature thats causing it? Guess ill try it with manual climate control next week and see if the auto setting in the remote start makes a difference.

Voss

First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 PB Lariat
Did you end up taking it in to get looked at? I’m curious what the dealer has to say.
Sorry for the delay, yes, kind of. I left the truck with them for a week for them to fix a few different things. They were able to fix this so it works now, but I don't know how, they just said they got it figured out and it should work when I picked it up. It's been working great since!

Sorry I don't have more info, I was in a hurry when I picked it up and didn't spend too much time chit chatting.

If you live close to a dealership I would give them a call.
Sponsored