Sponsored

Remote start and climate control/heated seats

M.R.F.O.R.D.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Mine was built after the affected dates for that service bulletin. My heated steering wheel works fine while driving. It’s when the truck is remote started that the heated steering wheel and seats don’t work as they did in the previous generations.
Mine was also built after this date. But this did fix my issue with the heated seats and Wheel that were not heating with the remote start.
Sponsored

drbross21

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 502A
Mine was also built after this date. But this did fix my issue with the heated seats and Wheel that were not heating with the remote start.
Oh ok. Sorry. Good to know. I didn’t know that’s what you meant. Thank you.
So now are your heated seats and steering wheel actually warm every time you get in it when it’s remote started? Right now if I remote start it you can’t tell if the steering wheel even came on and the seats are very minimal when you can feel it at all.

M.R.F.O.R.D.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Oh ok. Sorry. Good to know. I didn’t know that’s what you meant. Thank you.
So now are your heated seats and steering wheel actually warm every time you get in it when it’s remote started? Right now if I remote start it you can’t tell if the steering wheel even came on and the seats are very minimal when you can feel it at all.
Yes the remote start heats the wheel and seats. This wasn't working before the update they did this morning. You still don't see the lights saying the wheel and seats are on.

drbross21

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 502A
Yes the remote start heats the wheel and seats. This wasn't working before the update they did this morning. You still don't see the lights saying the wheel and seats are on.
Did you notice if your heater fan is also running at full speed when remote started and the truck is warmed up now?

M.R.F.O.R.D.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Did you notice if your heater fan is also running at full speed when remote started and the truck is warmed up now?
I do think it is running at a faster speed. It will be -20 on the weekend I will check then. It also feel that the fan speed did change when in Auto mode. I find it heats faster.

Sponsored

drbross21

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 502A
I do think it is running at a faster speed. It will be -20 on the weekend I will check then. It also feel that the fan speed did change when in Auto mode. I find it heats faster.
Ok. Thank you very much. The more info I can take to the dealer to prove that something is wrong the better. I appreciate it.

M.R.F.O.R.D.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
The fan does run faster on with remote start. Way better experience than before. Also when driving this morning the auto mode works better. The fans kick on sooner and faster.

drbross21

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 502A
The fan does run faster on with remote start. Way better experience than before. Also when driving this morning the auto mode works better. The fans kick on sooner and faster.
Ok. Thanks for letting me know. Now I just have to convince my dealer to do the TSB because they said it didn’t apply to my truck because it was built after June 14.

Tremor.Rex

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Tremor; 2014 Ford Fusion
Ok. Thanks for letting me know. Now I just have to convince my dealer to do the TSB because they said it didn’t apply to my truck because it was built after June 14.
Its a shame we have to convince the dealership to fix something.
My service center said the remote start was working as it's supposed to. They want to keep the truck overnight to test in the morning. When the cabin is cold in the morning it will be more obvious that none of the climate features will turn on until you enter the truck and hit the start button. So hopefully they see the problem and do the update tomorrow ?

Sponsored

drbross21

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 502A
Its a shame we have to convince the dealership to fix something.
My service center said the remote start was working as it's supposed to. They want to keep the truck overnight to test in the morning. When the cabin is cold in the morning it will be more obvious that none of the climate features will turn on until you enter the truck and hit the start button. So hopefully they see the problem and do the update tomorrow ?
Let me know how this goes please. I haven’t had my truck back to the dealer again yet. They don’t don’t want to do the TSB because it was built after the affected date and like yours they claim nothing is wrong with it.

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
Any updates to this? My 22 XLT isn't going to last settings when I start it with FordPass. It's been cold here and defrost is def not going to Max even though that's what it's set to. Going to try remote starting with the fob instead of FordPass to see if that changes anything.
Sponsored