First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Occupation
Business owner
If you have been a victim of your truck shifting hard or lurching in any gears it is probably due to the truck being “hot rodded” or accelerating hard right off the transportation truck. Not uncommon for a dealer to test out the “first of its kind” when it comes to power and performance. My truck being the first powerboost to hit the ground in nw florida it had a good bit of miles on it. (60)

from day one I have experienced hard shift from 1-3 and from 4-5. The other day using forscan, I was able to “reset” the shift learning pattern. I will add screen shots later of what the actual page looks like.

I have not had a bad shift since I reset the module. Looks like problems solved. Roughly 600 miles since the reset.
Sponsored

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
If you have been a victim of your truck shifting hard or lurching in any gears it is probably due to the truck being “hot rodded” or accelerating hard right off the transportation truck. Not uncommon for a dealer to test out the “first of its kind” when it comes to power and performance. My truck being the first powerboost to hit the ground in nw florida it had a good bit of miles on it. (60)

from day one I have experienced hard shift from 1-3 and from 4-5. The other day using forscan, I was able to “reset” the shift learning pattern. I will add screen shots later of what the actual page looks like.

I have not had a bad shift since I reset the module. Looks like problems solved. Roughly 600 miles since the reset.
I’ve used that method a few times on used trucks since I didn’t know their history. I assume, maybe it just gets some corrupt info in there if resetting clears it up.

Dadofjax

First Name
DadofJax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat

Would this fix rough idle, pedal vibration and overall rough shaking ride especially uphills? My dealer said they are waiting on Ford for a solution im kind of sick of waiting on Ford would like a $65k truck to run normal.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150

Makes sense since we've been hearing about this "learning period" the trucks go through when new. Thankfully I haven't noticed the shifting of the transmission being too rough. I guess that's a good indicator that New Jack didn't hot rob and screw around with my truck while it was being transported and delivered.

Sponsored

John_C

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A PowerBoost
My truck only had 6 miles on it at signing, and I've since added 3,000. Even after a dealer visit, it was still super harsh from 1 to 3. This fix via forscan worked perfectly!! I still stiffen during every 1-3 shift to prepare for the bang, but it's buttery smooth now. Almost all 3,000 of my miles have been super easy in eco mode, so I'm not sure why it "learned" to shift like that

FrankV8

First Name
Francisco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150
Occupation
General Manager
Has anyone notice that the temperature gauge for there transmission is a quarter high. My 2015 always had it in the middle and I’m just wondering if this is normal for my 21

ocazrebel

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL
Has anyone notice that the temperature gauge for there transmission is a quarter high. My 2015 always had it in the middle and I’m just wondering if this is normal for my 21
mine is always low! these 21's have trans temp gauge issues

Sponsored

Ebrou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SCREW 5.0L Sport 4x4
I have reset my adaptive tables and am still getting a hard shit from 1-3. Seems as if 2nd does not exist. I can get it to hit second gear if I select tow mode and it will shift through all gears. If I'm in normal or eco, no matter how slow I accelerate, 2nd is always skipped and hard shift from 1 to 3. I also get hard downshifts through various gears. 5.0L w/3.73.

Littlefield82

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 502a PB FX4 5.5'
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I'm about to try this today and see how it works. My shifts aren't terrible but they certainly aren't smooth.

turbospartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost Lariat
I have reset my adaptive tables and am still getting a hard shit from 1-3. Seems as if 2nd does not exist. I can get it to hit second gear if I select tow mode and it will shift through all gears. If I'm in normal or eco, no matter how slow I accelerate, 2nd is always skipped and hard shift from 1 to 3. I also get hard downshifts through various gears. 5.0L w/3.73.
If you are purposely trying to go slow / use electric, I think it will always try to skip 2nd gear as a fuel savings measure. If you stomp on it, it will definitely use 2nd gear. At least that has been my experience.

I'm at about 1600 miles now, and my shifting was very clunky when I first picked up the truck but now seems a lot smoother.

Blinky

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
After I picked up my Truck, initially during for few hundred kilometers, had a rough shift from 1 to 3 and a couple others less frequently. Was thinking about doing this reset. Instead decided to started running in sport mode more often when accelerating to get the truck to shift through all the gears as it was normally skipping second. Now I have about 1200Kms and the transmission is smooth, and getting smoother.

EatDirtFartDust

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT, 2015 Lincoln MKZ
Occupation
Ford service manager
If you reset adaptive shift strategy, Ford says it’s very important that you follow the reset procedure closely. Which involves accelerating and decelerating several times. I’d have to look up exactly how it tells you, but just resetting it and the driving like a grandma isn’t going to be a lasting fix.
Sponsored