Doors hard to shut

Cindy42

First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat, 2016 Mustang GT PP
Anyone else have this issue? The 2 rear doors and the passenger side front door are all hard to shut on our new Lariat Supercrew. My kids can't shut them and I am getting out of the seat to go do so. I took a friend somewhere and had to ask him to slam the door. Backed out of driveway yesterday and had to go around shutting doors even after it had sat all night. Just curious if this is unique or common before I take it in to complain.
Sponsored

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Anyone else have this issue? The 2 rear doors and the passenger side front door are all hard to shut on our new Lariat Supercrew. My kids can't shut them and I am getting out of the seat to go do so. I took a friend somewhere and had to ask him to slam the door. Backed out of driveway yesterday and had to go around shutting doors even after it had sat all night. Just curious if this is unique or common before I take it in to complain.
You should take to your dealer and have them adjust the mechanism, they should not be hard to close.

SJLCJL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 FX4, 2017 Mustang GT Premium
These doors are much harder to close than previous years for sure! They have more rubber around the edges to seal out noises and it certainly is going to cause it to be harder to close..

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
It’s the new door seals they are using that makes shutting the doors require a bit more effort. Trust me folks, when you get your trucks you’ll see.

Sponsored

Hambone

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport, 2011 F150
Occupation
Home Inspector
Days 1 - 5: "Hey, close your door/Your door is not closed!". Now, they seemed to have settled in a bit or I am just more accustomed to shutting with a bit more oomph. They do seem to latch and seal up well; cab noise is non-existent when compared to my wife's '18 Highlander and even my '11 F150.

Coreytime

First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
LOL. I said the same thing on a post and they told me that they just were new and had to be wore in....

trust me, these doors are hard to shut. I hope it gets better but i find myself having to re-shut them almost every time i drive with someone in the truck

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
Huh, I have gotten to play with an STX and a Lariat, I didnt feel like it was *hard* to shut the doors. But I am a big boi

I did notice, when we went to a dealer while they were closed, one of the 2021s was not completely closed so I pushed it in all the way.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I didn't notice them hard to shut, but I'll reiterate again that you can feel the pressure in your ears when they shut. They are REALLY sealed...

Blue Spruce

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT 302 Screw, 6.5’, 3.5 EB
Mine need to be shut firm but not excessive. My kids are teenagers so I just tell them to put some oomph in it. But, yes, lots of door warning lights. Funny, never on the drivers side door but I’ve used it a lot more than the rest of the family. I’ll take it if it helps the reduced noise in the cabin.

I don’t see mine as a problem, just something to get used to doing. I’d say if yours see to be a problem then have the dealer take a look. No sense in cursing it every time.

Sponsored

Touchdwn

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited Power-Boost; 2018 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Corporate Pilot; retired Air Traffic Controller
My passenger door needs more force than my 2017 did, but the interior is very quiet. The seal is much better. I’ll take the harder close for that.

Last edited:

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
I just noticed this on my 2021. Its not that the door doesn't swing easily...its easy to swing into a close position, but the final latching does take a bit more 'oomph' to close/make flush with cab seams. I'm going to chalk it up for now as new seals and potentially a tad cold up here in lower MI.

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
If you are in the truck when someone goes to shut a door, crack the widow a bit to cut down on the air compression that the closing causes.. That will make a big difference.. Everyone is out, well its just going to be harder..
I'll tolerate it for the quiet ride it provides..

spud_41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 502a, Lead Foot 3.5L EB Fx4
I'm pretty sure I saw a video of a Ford rep saying they made the doors more hefty to give it a more valuable feel, rather than shutting a dainty door they want us to feel like we have a quality truck. I've only test driven a '21 so far, but compared to my '05 F250 it was a solid shut but nothing close to needing to be slammed shut.

Wishiwas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
I'm pretty sure I saw a video of a Ford rep saying they made the doors more hefty to give it a more valuable feel, rather than shutting a dainty door they want us to feel like we have a quality truck. I've only test driven a '21 so far, but compared to my '05 F250 it was a solid shut but nothing close to needing to be slammed shut.
My '19 ram sounded like I was closing a thin piece of sheet metal. This 150 definitely has some build to it. I'm wondering if part of this is because the 15 -20 150s locks would freeze in the open position so you couldn't latch the door. This might be the correction to make sure this doesn't happen any more.
Sponsored