First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Escape Titanium - 2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
100% retired
OK I'm about to pull the trigger on a new 2021 F150 XLT 3.5 302a and I've been reading about all of the problems popping up on that truck. Problems such as trans shifting clunk, electrical glitches, fit and finish issues etc. Can anyone speak to these issues on the 2021 F150? I really don't want to buy a great looking truck that has a ton of issues either at the time of purchase or in the future. Is Ford quality suffering? Be honest in your reply. Honesty is valued greatly even if it hurts.
Sponsored

Last edited:

chuckg57

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Goldwing Trike, 2021 F-150 XLT 3.5EB
OK I'm about to pull the trigger on a new 2021 F150 XLT 3.5 302a and I've been reading about all of the problems popping up on that truck. Problems such as trans shifting clunk, electrical glitches, fit and finish issues etc. Can anyone speak to these issues on the 2021 F150? I really don't want to buy a great looking truck that has a ton of issues either at the time of purchase or in the future. Is Ford quality suffering? Be honest in your reply. Honesty is valued greatly even if it hurts.
I ordered the exact motor/trim on April 1st and waited all summer for them to build it. My truck was built 8/13 at the KS plant and I took delivery last Friday. Fit and finish are perfect and only time will tell about the rest, but so far (473 miles) the mech/elec are error free. Look up the vin and determine if they did most of the build and parked it waiting for chips or like mine it was built and shipped. Now matter what Ford says if that truck sat for 90-120 days waiting on part that could not have been good for it.

CarolynStride

First Name
Carolyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt 4x2
Occupation
Retired?
Mine sat for 4 months and was in transit for one - it has been perfect. No complaints. Only problem the dealer needs to fix is the key fob was set fine but the physical keys did not fit the locks. They are ordering me new fobs.
But I could not find any fault with fit and finish, and it drives incredibly.

Coolrain

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Raptor
Mine sat for 4 months and was in transit for one - it has been perfect. No complaints. Only problem the dealer needs to fix is the key fob was set fine but the physical keys did not fit the locks. They are ordering me new fobs.
But I could not find any fault with fit and finish, and it drives incredibly.
ok then!! .... never checked this..... thanks .

bito

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 21 Iconic Silver STX
I purchased my first FORD vehicle a 2021 2.7L STX Crew Cab in the beginning of May 2021. As of today it's been in the shop a total of 56 days with a grand total of 1800ish miles on it. The issue is the Truck will not shift into any gear and will not start. (bad gateway module?)
I'm in the final stages of Ford buying it back under the lemon law.
I will say the time I had with the truck was amazing and it was super fun to drive. One of the best looking trucks on the market IMO. Unfortunately, I can't own a truck that's this unreliable. Yes, it was bad luck getting a lemon but no customer should be without a brand new vehicle for almost 60 days.

Best of luck and i suggest getting the extended warranty!

sglide05

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
I do experience the transmission clunk. It doesn't happen all the time. Unfortunately the dealer can't reproduce the problem when I bring it there for service. Other than that I love this truck.
Sponsored