First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Because the built-in Nav sucks, or perhaps doesn't suck but inferior to Waze and google maps?!
Never had issue with Nav... constant issies with AA and car play.
Sponsored

TXjweav96

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 lariat
Occupation
Construction
I much prefer my android auto than the Ford nav. I was very happy to finally be able to do full screen AA when I got it a few months ago.

Old Bear

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 King Ranch Powerboost
Occupation
Information Technology
Does Waze need to be open on the screen for that? Every time I try to use the speech "drive to" or something like that, it activates the built-in NAV so then I just go "OK Google" to use Google Maps, I was never able to speak instructions specifically to Waze.
I have it set to open automatically, so yes, it is on the screen. I would guess that it needs to be open. I think the "secret" is that you have to press AND HOLD the button down while speaking to Waze. If you press and release, then Ford Nav takes the cue.

Call them, they'll give you a deal. I renew every 6 months, call them "to cancel", they renew at a 'special' rate, usually between $5-6 per month. I don't think it's bad.
The rate was substantially higher for me, as I wanted to be able to use it on my phone as well. And frankly, having to call in to threaten to cancel simply seems wrong. Either I like the service enough to pay the rate, or they want my money enough to lower the rate. I don't care for the dance.

Please elaborate. What do you mean by opening Google maps in Waze?!
I should have said open Google Maps in AA.

TarnishedCopper

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Occupation
Retired/Auctioneer
I'm curious what you folks think? I'm not sure I could own a vehicle without Android Auto.

https://fordauthority.com/2023/07/ford-owners-prefer-factory-systems-over-android-auto/amp/
It would have been nice to be able to try the Ford systems including Sirius/XM and the NAV package if the bastards hadn't left it out of my truck because "We can't get the chips!" Amazingly a few months later I bought a Ford Bronco Sport and it had the Sirius XM onboard!! I wish I had not bought this truck as Android Auto sometimes connects and sometimes doesn't, or it shuts down and some times will not connect at all!! Some system in a $50,000 vehicle!! It's piss-poor!

YOCUBED

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 GLE 450, 2016 BMW M3, 2021 F150 Limited
Occupation
Emergency Physician

Sponsored

Calson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
My 2022 navigation system is the best I have used. When I change my route it automatically reconfigures instead of telling me to make a U turn as soon as possible and this is great.

My iPhone has my tunes loaded on it and as soon as I turn on the truck I get the last tune played started automatically and that is all I need. FM radio leaves a lot to be desired and a Sirius XM radio subscription means subsidizing all the religious and right wing talk show nut jobs which is the very last thing I want to do with my money.

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
My 2022 navigation system is the best I have used. When I change my route it automatically reconfigures instead of telling me to make a U turn as soon as possible and this is great.

My iPhone has my tunes loaded on it and as soon as I turn on the truck I get the last tune played started automatically and that is all I need. FM radio leaves a lot to be desired and a Sirius XM radio subscription means subsidizing all the religious and right wing talk show nut jobs which is the very last thing I want to do with my money.
Haha everything turns into politics with you. Leave that stuff off of here dude

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
Use AA in mine. even though I have the NAV. I rarely use the NAV. AA just does everything I need.

Calson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Politics affects every aspect of our lives from our birth to our death and in particular the safety of our transportation options which are dismal in this country with the important decisions made by the corporations to maximize profit.

It shows with having only Google and Apple for smartphones and only Apple and Microsoft for desktop and laptop computers. 40 years ago there were hundreds of small companies producing new computing devices and new operating systems and new applications. Now we have only 3 from which to "choose".

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Politics affects every aspect of our lives from our birth to our death and in particular the safety of our transportation options which are dismal in this country with the important decisions made by the corporations to maximize profit.

It shows with having only Google and Apple for smartphones and only Apple and Microsoft for desktop and laptop computers. 40 years ago there were hundreds of small companies producing new computing devices and new operating systems and new applications. Now we have only 3 from which to "choose".
I don’t really care about your opinions or analogies with respect to this topic. I come here to escape all of that political stuff, and everyone on here, except you, seems to respect the fact that politics don’t belong on here

Sponsored

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Having tested AA for a few weeks I'm about to drop it. It's murdering my phone battery with no benefit to me other than easier access to start streaming music.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Having tested AA for a few weeks I'm about to drop it. It's murdering my phone battery with no benefit to me other than easier access to start streaming music.
I use it via USB as I use my truck's data to feed it. Once plugged into one of the front ports, turn off your wifi to make sure it switches to USB. The phone is rendering what you see on screen so it will use up battery quite a bit due to rendering and accessing data. The wireless charging pad is good for basically keeping battery level the same unlike its name suggests of 'wireless charging'.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
I use it via USB as I use my truck's data to feed it. Once plugged into one of the front ports, turn off your wifi to make sure it switches to USB. The phone is rendering what you see on screen so it will use up battery quite a bit due to rendering and accessing data. The wireless charging pad is good for basically keeping battery level the same unlike its name suggests of 'wireless charging'.
Turned off AA and no more battery issues. I just turn on my Amazon music and go. Still get song name, album, and the song length and progress over BT data. Only thing missing is album picture that I don't need anyway.

I just got tired of my phone being hot and plugged in the battery would still drain running GPS etc with AA. Streaming music itself costs very little battery.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Turned off AA and no more battery issues. I just turn on my Amazon music and go. Still get song name, album, and the song length and progress over BT data. Only thing missing is album picture that I don't need anyway.

I just got tired of my phone being hot and plugged in the battery would still drain running GPS etc with AA. Streaming music itself costs very little battery.
That's odd -- what phone do you have?

It's the google maps eating up CPU/GPU for rendering.

W/ the MMEs large screen in full maps mode on angled perspective it can really chew through the juice, but I'm still charging easily plugged in. I use USB-C to C connector.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Google Pixel.

My point is there is not enough benefit to AA to justify me having to deal with taking my phone out of my pocket to plug in every time I drive. I'm back to having 80% battery remaining when I get home from work and I use my phone quite a bit during the day. Better than getting home with 40%+ battery usage from AA in 60 minutes of roundtrip driving.
Sponsored