Sponsored

Android auto map

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
I searched for an answer on that just yesterday. All I found was something that said you can only do that with AA and not CarPlay (or was it Android and not IOS?). However, the button it said should be present on the screen TO USE to report a speed trap does not (or no longer) exists, at least on my screen.
I don't have such a button either. Never had in Google Maps.
Sponsored

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
quickest and most efficient route.

Waze collects data from a bunch of different users and leverages that data to tailor your trip experience, giving you the most efficient route that’s free of obstacles and other nuisances.
Google may be the most efficient, I believe Waze is quicker in terms of travel time.

And after all that have been said we should not forget that Google owns Waze :D

OP
OP
Jus Cruisin

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
Waze had 3D mapping before Google Maps had it.
Yes, I like how home search pops up on AA Google Maps, Waze has other features.
On the other hand, other times I hate when it shows it....it may be nobody's business what I search at home ;). I also don't like that it defaults to show two recent searched locations. IMO the default should be not to show anything. What if I have passengers in the vehicle that I don't want to see where I've been and what I searched?
I guess I'm not paranoid about what anyone sees. At my age, I don't really give a hoot. And, I don't Google anything that would embarrass me. Now, one thing I don't like is a "one time use" search keeps showing. Consequently I have to go into maps history and delete them.
I'm curious about this new GMC Android/Google system and if it will operate like Android Auto in the Ford.

Scoop

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SuperCrew Platinum 5.0 4x4 6.5'
Google may be the most efficient, I believe Waze is quicker in terms of travel time.
Agreed.

And after all that have been said we should not forget that Google owns Waze :D
True, and McDonald's makes the Big Mac AND the Filet 'O Fish, but they are completely different things. :)

oneinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost, 2022 Maverick Lariat Lux
I won't argue with anybody that Waze is better than Maps if they don't argue with me that Waze is childish looking. Maps has a good looking interface...the best between it, Waze, and Apple Maps. If Waze is childish, Apple Maps is infantile. I prefer the realism of satellite view.
Sponsored