Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 platinum powerboost
Occupation
Retired
My truck received 3.5.2 last night.
Other than some changes in ev info display I don't see how to make aa full screen.

EDIT. I just found another thread that covers this. I will ask there.
Sponsored

Big Cam

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402a
Occupation
Support Engineer
I'm sure you are on the right track with the other thread but 3.5.2 doesn't bring full screen android auto, that's 3.5.3.

Also to get true full screen of a single app, like maps, you need the cool walk update from Google which is a server side change that they have been very slow to roll out.

OP
OP

Spiffy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 platinum powerboost
Occupation
Retired
I was reading another thread about installing coolwalk by root.

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A SuperCab 3.5EB, Lots of dirt bikes
Occupation
Enginerd
I was reading another thread about installing coolwalk by root.
No can do. It's a Google server-side switch. You can't force it on the phone side.

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
No can do. It's a Google server-side switch. You can't force it on the phone side.
Doing the beta on a rooted phone you can, but what happens is the next daily .apk that gets pushed resets it and you have to do it all over again.

Sponsored

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A SuperCab 3.5EB, Lots of dirt bikes
Occupation
Enginerd
Doing the beta on a rooted phone you can, but what happens is the next daily .apk that gets pushed resets it and you have to do it all over again.
Oh, right, if you're already in the beta program. I think this is rolling out to the masses fairly quickly recently so I doubt much more of a wait anyway?

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
Oh, right, if you're already in the beta program. I think this is rolling out to the masses fairly quickly recently so I doubt much more of a wait anyway?
Nah, this is if you get the beta .apk (you can get it easily) and sideload it, and aren't in the actual beta program, you can trigger CoolWalk on a rooted phone. It's just a lot for fleeting gain, and you have to root your phone. As soon as they push another beta, you lose it and have to go though sideloading again.

I agree: just wait. It really is rolling out consistently now.

OP
OP

Spiffy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 platinum powerboost
Occupation
Retired
When I root I turn off auto updates. I hate updates unless I get a chance to see them first.

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
When I root I turn off auto updates. I hate updates unless I get a chance to see them first.
In this situation, when Google issues the next offical beta, it breaks whatever allows for the CoolWalk enabling with the sideloaded .apk, so you have to update (and it won't auto update since you're not in the official beta if you're sideloading anyway), and clear data/cache, and IIRC a few other things.

Thinking about it now I think some users doing this had to clear app cache after every instance.

oneinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost, 2022 Maverick Lariat Lux
I have 3.5.3.2 and have full screen AA. With no Coolwalk though I have no full screen Maps. I'm hoping to get some other benefit from Coolwalk other than a full screen map, which is rather pointless. There is no practical difference between a 100% screen map vs a 66% screen. A small screen is really all that navigation needs. Having greater peripheral visual with full screen certainly looks great, it can be helpful at times, but really just isn't necessary. I like seeing the music player card alongside maps.

Sponsored

FunHavin

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT
coolwalk is rolling out pretty fast. I'm 2 phones behind (S21 Ultra) and I've had coolwalk for about a week. I don't have the 3.5.3.2 update yet (and may never get it) so it isn't full screen. But, honestly, I prefer this layout to the old one. It's more practical with the "hot" buttons on the side. I used to hate having to go into the menu to look at something and then fiddle back to the map. If I'm on map, I wanna be on map. But, the new layout, no matter how far I go, I can just press the map button and viola. I also prefer the AA map/card screen as opposed to AA map/ford card screen. jUST MY $.02usd

OP
OP

Spiffy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 platinum powerboost
Occupation
Retired
It looks like coolwalk is pushed to phones after the truck gets 3.5.3.2? If cookwalk comes after a Ota update if that's the case then what about if we manually update using fdrs? I think I remember a comment that Jessie said that any changes we made using forscan are merged to the mothership with time. Maybe that is what triggers the app to update?

mrtull

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT SCrew SB, FX4 with Tow
Occupation
Teacher
I'm hoping to get some other benefit from Coolwalk other than a full screen map, which is rather pointless. There is no practical difference between a 100% screen map vs a 66% screen.
Same here. I like using the map and music card, although I'm hoping there might be something cooler coming.

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
coolwalk is rolling out pretty fast. I'm 2 phones behind (S21 Ultra) and I've had coolwalk for about a week. I don't have the 3.5.3.2 update yet (and may never get it) so it isn't full screen. But, honestly, I prefer this layout to the old one. It's more practical with the "hot" buttons on the side. I used to hate having to go into the menu to look at something and then fiddle back to the map. If I'm on map, I wanna be on map. But, the new layout, no matter how far I go, I can just press the map button and viola. I also prefer the AA map/card screen as opposed to AA map/ford card screen. jUST MY $.02usd
S21 Ultra here too, but I'm stuck on Andriod Auto 8.6.6 still. Nothing new/Cooool to update from the store.

Big Cam

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402a
Occupation
Support Engineer
It looks like coolwalk is pushed to phones after the truck gets 3.5.3.2? If cookwalk comes after a Ota update if that's the case then what about if we manually update using fdrs? I think I remember a comment that Jessie said that any changes we made using forscan are merged to the mothership with time. Maybe that is what triggers the app to update?
You need to remember android auto doesn't car you have a Ford or use sync or what version of OTA you are on with sync.

This is a Google server side change for all Android auto users using any type of car.

My buddy with a 2018 that has sync3 got cool walk 2 weeks ago. I'm on 3.5.4 with sync4 and still haven't gotten it.

They aren't in anyway related.
Sponsored