First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
yall that have installed a cad height topper, did it affect the 360 camera system ? and or did you move the third brake light camera to the rear of the topper?
if so how did it work out
thanks '
yes i want to add a topper, but not loose the 360 camera view stuff
Sponsored

TacticalTruck

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Tremor
Occupation
Sales
I have a 2021 F-150 Tremor with a cab high ARE topper. I don’t think I have lost anything regarding the 360 view, but not you have me curious to check. I didn’t move the camera or anything like that.

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
I have a 2021 F-150 Tremor with a cab high ARE topper. I don’t think I have lost anything regarding the 360 view, but not you have me curious to check. I didn’t move the camera or anything like that.
thank you.
so you , if i read right, only lost the bed camera that is on the high mount center stoplight. correct?
but this did not effect 360 view on big screen in dash?
great that is what i am looking for.
i also want to move the bed camera to rear of topper so its not lost as a view, i guess it would be a HIGH hitch camera then
thank you very much

PaulGrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT
I’m pretty sure you haven’t lost anything w.r.t. the 360 camera system. But you do lose the nicely integrated bed camera, and you lose the bright LED lights that are built into the CHMSL fixture. I’d rather not lose either of those.
I really wish that one of the topper manufacturers would add a little window.

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
I’m pretty sure you haven’t lost anything w.r.t. the 360 camera system. But you do lose the nicely integrated bed camera, and you lose the bright LED lights that are built into the CHMSL fixture. I’d rather not lose either of those.
I really wish that one of the topper manufacturers would add a little window.
me to that is why i thought there has to be a way or kit to move the CHMSL fixture to the back of the topper and use it for the upper brake light and those bright lights and camera

Sponsored

RKM

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
I just had a midrise LEER cap installed on my 22 Powerboost Platinum. I specifically bought this as accommodation for my three dogs, so that we can go places and comfortably leave them in the truck if needed. I bought a clear inflatable boot to seal around the sliding windows on the truck and cap, so both can be left open in all weather, and the animals have access to heat and a/c from the cab. The cap does have a wired high center brake light integrated into the fiberglass at the rear. I am in the process of figuring out how to move the center brake/cargo light/camera from the cab into the cap, so as to be able to keep an eye on the dogs, and retain use of the cargo light. I removed the four screws holding the light/camera fixture, and pulled it loose. There are two plugs into it, one for lights and one for camera, and there is enough slack for it to reach into the cap through the window. I think I'm going to make a mounting plate for the fixture, probably just a piece of 1x3 lumber with holes for the plugs to come through, mount the fixture to it, and velcro it above the sliding window in the cap. I'm also considering drilling a hole in the cap above the sliding window, just large enough for the plugs to go through. Just haven't come up with a good way of weatherproofing that. Oh, and temporarily, I slapped a wide piece of waterproof Gorilla Tape over the holes in the cab where the fixture was mounted. Any ideas on better weatherproofing of that, and the hole for the plugs/wires into the cap would be appreciated. I am also considering installing a remote controlled, roof mounted RV vent fan on the cap, which looks pretty easy to do.

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
I just had a midrise LEER cap installed on my 22 Powerboost Platinum. I specifically bought this as accommodation for my three dogs, so that we can go places and comfortably leave them in the truck if needed. I bought a clear inflatable boot to seal around the sliding windows on the truck and cap, so both can be left open in all weather, and the animals have access to heat and a/c from the cab. The cap does have a wired high center brake light integrated into the fiberglass at the rear. I am in the process of figuring out how to move the center brake/cargo light/camera from the cab into the cap, so as to be able to keep an eye on the dogs, and retain use of the cargo light. I removed the four screws holding the light/camera fixture, and pulled it loose. There are two plugs into it, one for lights and one for camera, and there is enough slack for it to reach into the cap through the window. I think I'm going to make a mounting plate for the fixture, probably just a piece of 1x3 lumber with holes for the plugs to come through, mount the fixture to it, and velcro it above the sliding window in the cap. I'm also considering drilling a hole in the cap above the sliding window, just large enough for the plugs to go through. Just haven't come up with a good way of weatherproofing that. Oh, and temporarily, I slapped a wide piece of waterproof Gorilla Tape over the holes in the cab where the fixture was mounted. Any ideas on better weatherproofing of that, and the hole for the plugs/wires into the cap would be appreciated. I am also considering installing a remote controlled, roof mounted RV vent fan on the cap, which looks pretty easy to do.
cool idea
i think you can easily fab up a piece of alum to block off the hole that occupied by the brake light.
i think i read somewhere of them already made. might try amazon or google
Sponsored