First Name
Aleksandr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum 2021-2022
Occupation
IT
Guys, get off Dexter’s case. All this bashing lately is uncalled for. It is not his fault Ford hasn’t been scheduling orders for almost a month now. I too have an unscheduled order since Sep 2021. But so what? It aint Koons or Dexter’s fault- they don’t schedule, ford does.

Instead of coming onto the thread and writing essays, rabid bitching about this or that injustice with your order, why don’t you pick up the phone and call Dexter directly (571) 503-0642. He always picks up, even on his days off, and always gives an honest answer to what he knows about the situation.
Sponsored

MonsterTrucker75

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Guys, get off Dexter’s case. All this bashing lately is uncalled for. It is not his fault Ford hasn’t been scheduling orders for almost a month now. I too have an unscheduled order since Sep 2021. But so what? It aint Koons or Dexter’s fault- they don’t schedule, ford does.

Instead of coming onto the thread and writing essays, rabid bitching about this or that injustice with your order, why don’t you pick up the phone and call Dexter directly (571) 503-0642. He always picks up, even on his days off, and always gives an honest answer to what he knows about the situation.
I don't believe anyone is "bashing" Dexter or Koons for that matter. If there would be a need for that, I'm sure orders would have been pulled a long time ago prior to going that route. What many of us are asking for is a simple updated data sheet for our group to keep track of. This makes life easier than having to call each week for follow up or being in the dark. If other dealerships are following this method, I don't believe it's a bad idea.

Also, some of us do not have the flexibility to call during long work hours or simply prefer to have answers clarified through email or posts. This helps not only those asking these questions, but others who may have similar questions as well.

22Platinum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR 3.5
Occupation
software engineer
I don't believe anyone is "bashing" Dexter or Koons for that matter. If there would be a need for that, I'm sure orders would have been pulled a long time ago prior to going that route. What many of us are asking for is a simple updated data sheet for our group to keep track of. This makes life easier than having to call each week for follow up or being in the dark. If other dealerships are following this method, I don't believe it's a bad idea.

Also, some of us do not have the flexibility to call during long work hours or simply prefer to have answers clarified through email or posts. This helps not only those asking these questions, but others who may have similar questions as well.

Exactly that: one forum posts answers questions for all, where one phone call doesn't.

If the below is true, I'd like to know it, know if I can make changes now that will alleviate the issue (I do have OBS) or in the least case let my wife know things might delay more than I originally thought:

Granger, did you receive a memo from Ford about a week ago regarding potential holdups? I stumbled across this video and it mentions said memo and current delays in ordering snowplow prep, onboard scales, auto stop start, and wheel well liners. It was not specific as to exactly what Ford said but mentioned scales as possibly putting you into a 2023. I have the scales on my build and would desire to know exactly what was sent from Ford. I only came by this info by chance and was also wondering if notifying affected customers is something I should be expecting from you? I can see that being burdensome but on the other hand, we all of course would like to be able to give consideration to these developments. My assumption is the info is accurate. Thanks.

Sponsored

F150SWPlat

First Name
Aleksandr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum 2021-2022
Occupation
IT
@MonsterTrucker75 - i call your bullshit.

You are the one who has been writing long essays on this thread for the past 2 months, spending bulk of your time directly or indirectly taking jabs at Dexter and Koons through various topics.

And then you claim not to have 5 minutes of your time for a phone call for an update on your order? What a joke!

Guys, don’t take my word for it. Read the last 8-10 pages of this thread. You will see exactly what i’m talking about. It has been a @MonsterTrucker75 shit show all along, mainly provoking others into negativity.

Last edited:

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Exactly that: one forum posts answers questions for all, where one phone call doesn't.

If the below is true, I'd like to know it, know if I can make changes now that will alleviate the issue (I do have OBS) or in the least case let my wife know things might delay more than I originally thought:
you want him to update everyone's order via a post everyday? That is high expectations.

If I want an update, I call. easy peasy.

MonsterTrucker75

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
@MonsterTrucker75 - i call your bullshit.

You are the one who has been writing long essays on this thread for the past 2 months, spending bulk of your time directly or indirectly taking jabs at Dexter and Koons through various topics.

And then you claim not to have 5 minutes of your time for a phone call for an update on your order? What a joke!

Guys, don’t take my word for it. Read the last 8-10 pages of this thread. You will see exactly what i’m talking about. It has been a @MonsterTrucker75 shit show all along, mainly provoking others into negativity.
Anything you may have read from me would include questions or information I’ve seen or experienced with the industry lately. I ask for facts and that’s all.

Again, everyone’s circumstances are different. None of my questions are directed at you, and there’s no need to point fingers at anyone. This is a place to ask questions about our orders, comment or voice thoughts or opinions.

Aron

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB 4x2; '15 Expedition; '98 Ranger
Occupation
Civil Engineer
If the below is true, I'd like to know it, know if I can make changes now that will alleviate the issue (I do have OBS) or in the least case let my wife know things might delay more than I originally thought
Note that that guy is from Canada, and the Canadian dealers may have received memos that don't go to US dealers. It's not necessarily applicable to everybody.

SuperClyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ram 1500 TRX Sandblast Edition
Note that that guy is from Canada, and the Canadian dealers may have received memos that don't go to US dealers. It's not necessarily applicable to everybody.
I’ve talked to 3 dealers, 2 of which I trust, and all of them said they not received any such memo.

Sponsored

cclark20

First Name
CD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum SuperCrew PB 4X4 BAP

You lost all credibility in this thread when you tried to start crap by sharing a post about another Koons Ford dealer requesting a 30K ADM to order a Lightning.

Since you obviously are following the Granger thread you should know the Platinums are currently the last to get scheduled. Granger has posted that information numerous times.

You ordered in Feb and it has been noted that little to no new scheduling has occurred in the last 6 weeks.

If you are truly concerned about Dexter screwing you on the order then I am sure Lindsay, Britt or Ourisman would be glad to sell you a new Ford Truck.

MonsterTrucker75

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Just an FYI...and a sign of hope.

I have two orders out for 2022 F-150 fully loaded Platinum trims. My personal truck will be an upgrade from my current 2015 Platinum model, while the newer order will belong to my better half. My personal order was placed on 01/22/22, with a dealership a few miles from town who sold me right below MSRP. Coincidentally, I just received my VIN # and build date of 4/4/22 yesterday evening from Ford for my order. (Originally, I was provided a time frame of 4-6 months for delivery.) It took about 6-weeks to receive my VIN (yesterday), and it looks like an 8-week difference between my order date and build date. It states the production date was changed, but I never received an original date via email.

Ford F-150 F150 Ford Tough - Koons Woodbridge Ford Offering Up To 5% Below Invoice Screenshot 2022-03-10 185833

My wife's configuration which is identical to mine (same build, color, features, trim) was ordered on 02/14/22 through Dexter. The only difference between both orders is the Adaptive Steering feature added that same day.

Should things go smooth, I would assume the VIN for my wife's vehicle would be available within two weeks prior to April, but things have been crazy with dates since this whole shortage. Should there are any delays, my first hunch will be based on the Adaptive Steering added feature. Either way, I have been seeing movement on Platinum orders recently, and that is definitely a great thing for those who have ordered this trim.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
Build and Price tool now give the following warning. Things will not get better anytime soon.

Notice
Due to a combination of high demand and global supply-chain constraints, not all models and trims or features may be currently available. We want you to have the Ford you deserve and are doing all we can to deliver it with all of your chosen features. Please contact your dealer for any questions about inventory and future availability.

SuperClyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ram 1500 TRX Sandblast Edition
Build and Price tool now give the following warning. Things will not get better anytime soon.

Notice
Due to a combination of high demand and global supply-chain constraints, not all models and trims or features may be currently available. We want you to have the Ford you deserve and are doing all we can to deliver it with all of your chosen features. Please contact your dealer for any questions about inventory and future availability.
That message pops up on any page on ford.com, even the main page.

MonsterTrucker75

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None

Notice
Noticed this just yesterday for what looks like anyone wanting to spec out a new build. I think at this point it’s better if Ford just stopped taking new orders for 2022 until they can catch up dramatically. Cutting back on parts is not cool. Instead of building more to try and maximize profits while screwing everyone over, save those parts needed for those waiting around for their vehicles to be build or delivered.

Also, noticed that Adaptive Steering is now an option to select on higher trims.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.