Custom ordered and bought a F150 from Koons Woodbridge Ford

AMG

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 PLATINUM POWERBOOST 2022
Here is my experience with buying a custom ordered F-150 from Koons Woodbridge Ford
Started the process after finding Dexter and KWF on this forum early April 22, Initial email received a prompt reply and a detailed price quote
On April 11th received a email from Dexter informing me about the impending price increases in a couple of days, so placed my deposit and initiated the order process on the 12th,
Received a order completed message from Ford in a few hours,
Couple of days later- changed my mind about the color i had chosen and since it was not yet in production was able the change the color at no charge
End of May got a email from Ford stating that it was scheduled to be built that week . (got a couple of emails from Ford prior to this indicating the probable build week)
End of June got a email from Ford saying that the truck has been completed and now awaiting shipping, to expect delivery end of July (give a week time frame)
At the end of that expected delivery window, got another email from Ford stating that delivery has been rescheduled for middle of August ( another week window)
after another couple of delays, finally Dexter called me day after Labor day to tell me the truck was finally at the dealership
A week later flew in to DCA, took a Uber to KWF and picked up my truck
Dexter and KWF upheld their end of the bargain. I even got a rebate from Ford. Was a straightforward transaction, F&I offered the usual extended warranties that I was not interested in. Did not pressure me to buy anything. I was a pleasure to deal with everyone at KWF. I cannot say that about any Ford dealer in Central Florida region, the dealer fees and high pressure sales tactics in central Florida are just insane,
Also the dealer fees here in Fl range anywhere between $1300-1500 for new car sales. ( some even force you to buy worthless or highly inflated dealer add on fluff)
They charged me my local sales tax, gave me a temp Virginia registration and tag, will be mailing me my state tag and registration once they get it
Gave me a full tank of gas at delivery

Overall was happy with the dealership experience, I do recommend Dexter and KWF for anyone interested in custom ordering a vehicle from them.
FYI got a 22' 4X4 power boost platinum
Sponsored

aybe09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum Ordered
Thanks for posting your experience. Hope you enjoy your new truck!!

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
Crazy you got a PB Platinum in only three months from order to delivery. Congrats and enjoy!

Moc cock 8

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F-150 XLT soon 2022 F-150 Platinum
Crazy you got a PB Platinum in only three months from order to delivery. Congrats and enjoy!
Yeah pretty ridiculous how Ford does things.
Sponsored