First Name
Aleksandr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum 2021-2022
Occupation
IT
Thanks all for the quick responses. I understand the $1695 now, agreed it seems to be a bit of extra math to get just another $51 bucks off but every dollar counts. The invoice x .95 = sales price (+ the other stuff) I believe is what you are saying. If its invoice x .05 = sales price, I'll take 10 of them please.

Seriously, sounds like a great deal, thanks again for offering a great option. Let me crunch some numbers and see what I can get based on those discount.
If you run the numbers, i won’t be surprised if Koons is the absolute best deal on an F150 in the country right now. Especially if you decide to finance with them for that extra $1000. I’ll decide on that at delivery, depending on what the finance rates are then.

And i can vouch for a Dexter. I probably talk to him weekly for updates on my order, the situation on 21 to 22 roll over incentives and all sort of other questions. It’s always a pleasant experience! He is not one of those folks who gets irritated by your questions.

OP
OP

koons_woodbridge_ford

First Name
Dexter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Trucks
Occupation
Dealership
Forum members, I have miss spoken the $1000 is for financing with us. If you choose to finance elsewhere you would loose a $1000.

RalpL

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 King Ranch, 601A, PB, 4x2, AMB/SG
Occupation
Retired
At least with Granger, the destination fee is substracted out before calculating the 3% of MSRP, which is the discount from invoice. The destination fee is included in the invoice total.

1. 3% X (MSRP - Destination) = Discount
2. Invoice (including Destination) - Discount = The Price Paid before TTL and doc fee.

3% discount on the Destination Fee is only $51, so not sure why the discount equation is complicated to eek out another $51....
Are you certain Granger computes their discount like that? Seems unnecessarily complicated. Chapman in Horsham and Koons in Woodbridge both include the Destination & Delivery charge of $1695 in their Total Base & Options MSRP and Invoice columns of the Preview Order. The 3% for Chapman or 5% for Koons is then subtracted out of the Total Invoice price. Relatively simple math. My 2022 King Ranch Total Invoice price is $68762.94, with Koons 5% under invoice price as $65324.70 (68762.94 x .95 = 65324.70) before doc fees and TTL. Likewise with Chapman's 3% under invoice price would be $66700.05 (68762.94 x .97 = 66700.05) before doc fees and TTL.

JoeBlowFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Plat PB (Job 1)
Are you certain Granger computes their discount like that? Seems unnecessarily complicated. Chapman in Horsham and Koons in Woodbridge both include the Destination & Delivery charge of $1695 in their Total Base & Options MSRP and Invoice columns of the Preview Order. The 3% for Chapman or 5% for Koons is then subtracted out of the Total Invoice price. Relatively simple math. My 2022 King Ranch Total Invoice price is $68762.94, with Koons 5% under invoice price as $65324.70 (68762.94 x .95 = 65324.70) before doc fees and TTL. Likewise with Chapman's 3% under invoice price would be $66700.05 (68762.94 x .97 = 66700.05) before doc fees and TTL.
Yes, that is how Granger calculates their discount. In your King Ranch example, using the invoice price you listed, here is how each dealer offer breaks down after fees and finance incentives.

Ford F-150 F150 Ford Tough - Koons Woodbridge Ford Offering Up To 5% Below Invoice 1634825408873

Sponsored

F150SWPlat

First Name
Aleksandr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum 2021-2022
Occupation
IT
Yes, that is how Granger calculates their discount. In your King Ranch example, using the invoice price you listed, here is how each dealer offer breaks down after fees and finance incentives.

1634825408873.png
I don't think that math is accurate for Koons. Using your example. Koons cash buy would be $65,324. A true 5% below invoice. I triple checked with Dexter when placing my order that 1000$ is not a penalty. Again using your example, that total with Koons financing would be $64,324.

Have you also ordered with Koons or did you at least receive a breakdown from Dexter? If you haven’t then above breakdown is just disinformation for others to read.

JoeBlowFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@koons_woodbridge_ford can you please clear up something on your financing and its impact on price?

In this example, what are the prices when financing with Koons and not financing with Koons?

Invoice = $60,000
Koons 5% off Invoice = $57,000

When financing with Koons, price = ?
When not financing with Koons, price = ?

Oxford_Powerboost

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 5.0
I don't think that math is accurate for Koons. Using your example. Koons cash buy would be $65,324. A true 5% below invoice. I triple checked with Dexter when placing my order that 1000$ is not a penalty. Again using your example, that total with Koons financing would be $64,324.

Have you also ordered with Koons or did you at least receive a breakdown from Dexter? If you haven’t then above breakdown is just disinformation for others to read.
His breakdown is accurate. In post #80, Koons noted that cash buy add’s $1000 instead of financing in house subtracting additional $1000

JoeBlowFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Based on Dexter's confirmation, it is not disinformation and I stand by my chart.

All three dealers are offering excellent deals. Personally, for me, the decision would simply come down to geography. While Koons is the smallest discount of the three when not financing through them and factoring in the high doc fees, it's still only a few hundred more than the others. It's a great deal.

Sponsored

F150SWPlat

First Name
Aleksandr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum 2021-2022
Occupation
IT
Based on Dexter's confirmation, it is not disinformation and I stand by my chart.

All three dealers are offering excellent deals. Personally, for me, the decision would simply come down to geography. While Koons is the smallest discount of the three when not financing through them and factoring in the high doc fees, it's still only a few hundred more than the others. It's a great deal.
I asked this very question multiple times on the phone before committing to placing an order and putting down a deposit. The answer was that financing is not tied into 5% below invoice. Also, none of my signed paperwork mentions anything about $1000 deduction if not financed through Koons. I’ll be giving Dexter a call to discuss.

JoeBlowFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I asked this very question multiple times on the phone before committing to placing an order and putting down a deposit. The answer was that financing is not tied into 5% below invoice. Also, none of my signed paperwork mentions anything about $1000 deduction if not financed through Koons. I’ll be giving Dexter a call to discuss.
Please let us know the outcome. Dexter's very first post in this thread seems to leave little doubt about how the discounting works. He mentions "up to 5%" several times, and qualifies it as 5% less $1,000 if you don't finance through them.

He also mentions that Ford incentive rates don't qualify, and you lose $1,000 on the deal if accepting that Ford rate. I take this to mean that if you take a 0% Ford credit promotional rate, your vehicle will cost $1,000 more.

The up to 5% under invoice is for retail only and is not available for leasing. The program is only designed for retail deliveries, not for leasing.

The up to 5% under invoice does require financing through Koons Woodbridge Ford. If you do not finance with Koons Woodbridge Ford you will lose $1000. Any incentivized rate that Ford offers is not compatible with the $1000 finance incentive.

RalpL

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 King Ranch, 601A, PB, 4x2, AMB/SG
Occupation
Retired
It has certainly been confusing to say the least. At one point, I figured it was just semantics - i.e. an extra $1000 off of the 5% under invoice price if financed thru them. If one didn't finance thru them, then it would be like paying a $1000 more because no extra discount. However, citing Koons own response above, Joe seems correct. The full 5% under invoice price is dependent on financing thru them; otherwise $1000 will be added to the 5% under invoice price for not financing thru them.

stans2000

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
It has certainly been confusing to say the least. At one point, I figured it was just semantics - i.e. an extra $1000 off of the 5% under invoice price if financed thru them. If one didn't finance thru them, then it would be like paying a $1000 more because no extra discount. However, citing Koons own response above, Joe seems correct. The full 5% under invoice price is dependent on financing thru them; otherwise $1000 will be added to the 5% under invoice price for not financing thru them.

I just talked with Dexter and he stated that if you look at the original post it is clear. "The up to 5% under invoice does require financing through Koons Woodbridge Ford. If you do not finance with Koons Woodbridge Ford you will lose $1000. Any incentivized rate that Ford offers is not compatible with the $1000 finance incentive."

This means the 5% below invoice is reduced by $1,000 if you do not finance with Ford or any of the financial institution that Koons Woodbridge Ford works with.

Last edited:
OP
OP

koons_woodbridge_ford

First Name
Dexter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Trucks
Occupation
Dealership
We said finance with Koons Woodbridge Ford, which is financing with any of the financial institutions that we work with.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.