Not open for further replies.

MonsterTrucker75

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
I did yes, my frustration is just trying to figure out why other trucks, ordered after my Dec order , can be scheduled but mine not.

i probably wouldn’t mind if there is a clear and well explained reason, but in there lack of info frustration rages on.

Maybe Koons just had a lot more orders and mine is far from there front assuming Ford can only schedule eg. 10 orders for Koons a month. But for smaller dealers other guys ordering the same truck is in front of their dealers’ 3 truck monthly allowance. I dunno. Just speculating.
I’m unsure how Ford decides the scheduling process, and perhaps someone that has current experience can enlighten us better. I will tell you that the more I see vehicles getting build out of order or based on allotment, the more I’m convinced that Ford, is not considering how long you’ve been waiting at the end of the day. I’ve seen folks who have been waiting over six months for their build, and all of a sudden someone who recently ordered five months after that order (exact same configuration, color, model, etc.) have their build scheduled.

Perhaps, things are based on decisions made between management, supervisors or workers at the factory as to “who’s next”. They may decide to just grab a recent build submitted order, and commence building. Quite frankly, there are too many variables involved. At this point, I don’t think we can blame everything on processors or “chips” alone, but more on manufacturer decisions and logistics if you ask me.

I’ve heard there are Ford trucks sitting around in purgatory lots after being built because they are still missing a part or chip. Yet, chips are being installed on newer orders, and being shipped to customers. The vehicles sitting on those lots remain there until someone decides to feed them whatever they may need to be completed.

Again, I may be completely wrong with my thought process, but this is what I’m making out of things at this point. Nobody wants to wait for their vehicle more than they have to, and much less over three to four months. I do hope your vehicle gets moving very soon.
Sponsored

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
Maybe Koons just had a lot more orders and mine is far from there front assuming Ford can only schedule eg. 10 orders for Koons a month. But for smaller dealers other guys ordering the same truck is in front of their dealers’ 3 truck monthly allowance. I dunno. Just speculating.
There are allocations from Ford, so that does play into it. If Woodbridge doesn't have an allocation for a truck, the orders will just sit until Ford issues more allocations then schedules the orders. But it's most likely a supply issue. Ford could have 50 orders for the same builds but can only schedule 30 of them due to supply issues.

You can always go do an order with another dealer and see which truck comes in first. Then just don't take delivery of the second truck. There's some forum members doing this. Dealer with the truck you don't take, just adds it to their inventory. Everybody's a winner.

MonsterTrucker75

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Do we know how many allocations Koons has had this year alone with 2022 models (particularly with King Ranch, Platinum and Limited vehicle)?

Is there a well maintained chart showing all the updated allocations for this group available? I’m also curious if any 2021 orders from before Fall 2021 are still pending build dates?

Randomseed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 King Ranch Powerboost (on order)
You guys are basically asking for Ford company IP, you ain’t gonna get it and giving it out could provide the competition with competitive advantage.

MonsterTrucker75

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
You guys are basically asking for Ford company IP, you ain’t gonna get it and giving it out could provide the competition with competitive advantage.
I don't mean the "allocation" from Ford Motors specifically, but rather based on our group who have ordered through Koons, and have received a scheduled data or have had their vehicles built already. There are a few groups out there that do have something similar put together for reference. Hope I'm making sense.

Sponsored

cclark20

First Name
CD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum SuperCrew PB 4X4 BAP
I’m unsure how Ford decides the scheduling process, and perhaps someone that has current experience can enlighten us better. I will tell you that the more I see vehicles getting build out of order or based on allotment, the more I’m convinced that Ford, is not considering how long you’ve been waiting at the end of the day. I’ve seen folks who have been waiting over six months for their build, and all of a sudden someone who recently ordered five months after that order (exact same configuration, color, model, etc.) have their build scheduled.

Perhaps, things are based on decisions made between management, supervisors or workers at the factory as to “who’s next”. They may decide to just grab a recent build submitted order, and commence building. Quite frankly, there are too many variables involved. At this point, I don’t think we can blame everything on processors or “chips” alone, but more on manufacturer decisions and logistics if you ask me.

I’ve heard there are Ford trucks sitting around in purgatory lots after being built because they are still missing a part or chip. Yet, chips are being installed on newer orders, and being shipped to customers. The vehicles sitting on those lots remain there until someone decides to feed them whatever they may need to be completed.

Again, I may be completely wrong with my thought process, but this is what I’m making out of things at this point. Nobody wants to wait for their vehicle more than they have to, and much less over three to four months. I do hope your vehicle gets moving very soon.
Ford didn't schedule any truck builds last week and there will be none scheduled this week. So now you have another log jam of orders that need to get scheduled some of which have been waiting for 6 months or longer..

It is my understanding that Ford schedules a certain number of each model line per cycle. Those orders are allegedly selected based on age and any current material constraints.

According to dealers on this and other forums there doesn't seem to be a shortage of allocations but a shortage of available build slots without material constraints. Platinum, and King Ranch models are taking the longest time to get scheduled.

Unfortunately in application the process seems to be luck of the draw with some new orders getting selected before older ones.

There are a few Koons ordered trucks noted on this page that have been delivered so those may provide some data points for you.

Last edited:

MonsterTrucker75

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Ford didn't schedule any truck builds last week and there will be none scheduled next week. So now you have another log jam of orders that need to get scheduled some of which have been waiting for 6 months or longer..

It is my understanding that Ford schedules a certain number of each model line per cycle. Those orders are allegedly selected based on age and any current material constraints.

According to dealers on this and other forums there doesn't seem to be a shortage of allocations but a shortage of available build slots without material constraints. Platinum, and King Ranch models are taking the longest time to get scheduled.

Unfortunately in application the process seems to be luck of the draw with some new orders getting selected before older ones.

There are a few Koons ordered trucks noted on this page that have been delivered so those may provide some data points for you.
It’s particularly funny how these two trims are in fact taking a bit longer, but yet, the Limited trim is 100% fulfilled from the forums I’ve seen out there. It seems not many order this trim for whatever reason. I’m sure the Limited requires many more pieces to build.

cclark20

First Name
CD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum SuperCrew PB 4X4 BAP
It’s particularly funny how these two trims are in fact taking a bit longer, but yet, the Limited trim is 100% fulfilled from the forums I’ve seen out there. It seems not many order this trim for whatever reason. I’m sure the Limited requires many more pieces to build.
I would guess the most expensive trim level does get some extra attention from Ford.

Ford52Pu

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1952 Ford F1
Occupation
Retired
subscribed

Trizzil

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Limited on order
As someone with a Limited on order, I wish that was the case.

Ordered in October. Moved from 1/3 build to 1/17 in December. Currently on a chip hold and now scheduled for 5/17 delivery.

The highest trim levels are always the most profitable for manufacturers, so it makes sense for them to prioritize Limited’s over KR, Plat, Lariat, etc.

Sponsored

MonsterTrucker75

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None

Ordered in October. Moved from 1/3 build to 1/17 in December. Currently on a chip hold and now scheduled for 5/17 delivery.

The highest trim levels are always the most profitable for manufacturers, so it makes sense for them to prioritize Limited’s over KR, Plat, Lariat, etc.
That’s the longest delay I’ve honestly heard on a Limited model. I do hope that 5/17 date is definitely it. Do you know if any specific features have may been cut back on that Limited model that you are aware of which may have been available on early 2021 Limited models?

I don’t want to discriminate against all the other models of the F-Series, but it would make sense to prioritize the Platinum model as well since it is right up there with the Limited. Adding AS, and all the features on a Platinum, will get you to 80K in no time.

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired

Does anyone have a clue what priority Ford uses in putting chips in trucks? My XLT PB was originally had a build week of 12/13/21. That was moved to week of 12/20/21. After that, no other holds that I know of. It was delivered 02/03/22.

SuperClyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ram 1500 TRX Sandblast Edition
What’s the point of reposting that in this thread? Koons dealerships are independently owned and that email screenshot has nothing to do with Koons of Woodbridge. All you are doing is spreading false information on a dealer that many have had great experiences with including myself so far.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.