F150 Car Theft

Aj1737

First Name
Aj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
With the F150s being the top in the list for car theft, is the newer generation more secured? What do you guys recommend to avoid truck theft?
Sponsored

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
Which list? I’m not saying I doubt it, but I know for a fact decade old Hondas and Toyotas are way easier to move.

F150s may top the truck list, but are way down the “automobile” list.

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Over half of the 6,800 vehicles stolen in NYC last year were vehicles idling unoccupied. Another big factor, leaving FOBs in cupholders as owners used doorpad to open and then just press the start button for convenience. Thieves take just a few seconds to walk by and see this. Pop a window, vehicle is gone. So those cut your chances by more than half. Then park in a well lit area, thieves prefer dark and lastly, don't leave anything of value inside the cab in plain view.
Lastly, relax as there are over 16.1 million F series pickups with current registrations in the US. Last year 44,600 F-series stolen, (and yes #1 vehicle stolen just ahead of Silverado then Civic. So your odds any given year of yours being swiped is just .27%, not even 1 percent so do what you can and don't sweat the rest!

OP
OP
Aj1737

Aj1737

First Name
Aj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Over half of the 6,800 vehicles stolen in NYC last year were vehicles idling unoccupied. Another big factor, leaving FOBs in cupholders as owners used doorpad to open and then just press the start button for convenience. Thieves take just a few seconds to walk by and see this. Pop a window, vehicle is gone. So those cut your chances by more than half. Then park in a well lit area, thieves prefer dark and lastly, don't leave anything of value inside the cab in plain view.
Lastly, relax as there are over 16.1 million F series pickups with current registrations in the US. Last year 44,600 F-series stolen, (and yes #1 vehicle stolen just ahead of Silverado then Civic. So your odds any given year of yours being swiped is just .27%, not even 1 percent so do what you can and don't sweat the rest!
Appreciate the answer. Totally, I am in Canada and I love the F150. I am patiently waiting for mine to arrive. That said, I would hate for my truck to be stolen after waiting almost 9 months for it. That is why I am trying to find ways to make sure my truck is safe.

Doggy-Dog

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Pacifica Limited & 2021 Loaded Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Idiots that leave a vehicle running and go in the store should not have any insurance coverage. Too bad there are not any laws on stupidity. They just give the idiot another vehicle and charge me ridiculous insurance rates.

Sponsored

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Purchasing
Which list? I’m not saying I doubt it, but I know for a fact decade old Hondas and Toyotas are way easier to move.

F150s may top the truck list, but are way down the “automobile” list.
Yes back just a couple years John you are correct. F-series was lower on the top ten, but the latest insurance data puts our truck at the top. The Hondas are still there just not at the top recently.

https://insurify.com/insights/most-stolen-cars-2021/

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Purchasing
Idiots that leave a vehicle running and go in the store should not have any insurance coverage. Too bad there are not any laws on stupidity. They just give the idiot another vehicle and charge me ridiculous insurance rates.
I'm sure I was one of those idiots a couple times in my past. Been a long time but still guilty.

3DogKnight

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Escape Titanium - 2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
100% retired
With the F150s being the top in the list for car theft, is the newer generation more secured? What do you guys recommend to avoid truck theft?
Convert your trucks back seat area into a dog house and buy the meanest junk yard dog you can find and hope for the best.

Sponsored

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
I don't have occasion to park my 2021 F150 where it could be stolen but when I park my Mustang in questionable areas I take my Fuel Pump relay with me.

It's easy to remove & replace and I doubt any car thieves carry a spare...

Last edited:

BLoflin

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 KR PB 6.5'
Occupation
retired
The Ford Pass app has a function called SecuriaAlert. It will send you a message whenever a door is opened. Whether the door was locked or not. And if locked, doesn't matter is unlocked from Fob or Keypad (or someone sitting in the truck and getting out). You can turn it off and on remotely, even across the country. Also can set a schedule to only monitor say late at night pr just for weekends, etc.

I park in my garage so not as useful. But if I park it at the airport I'll turn it on.

Of course the truck has to be in a place with cell service (or wireless I guess). And your phone has to have service.

The only thing I've used it for is to tell me if the Dealer Service is actually opening my truck since I dropped it off, to see if they are really doing anything! You know when they promise it back by the end of the day, and then call you to say it's in the bay but the tech couldn't finish, or they had to order a part, and then you see they never opened the door and moved it into Service.....

Severdog

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT Sport PB SuperCrew 6.5' 7.2Kw
Occupation
Trader
Employ the Trunk Monkey.

link

JerseyGlock

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Powerboost
The Ford Pass app has a function called SecuriaAlert. It will send you a message whenever a door is opened. Whether the door was locked or not. And if locked, doesn't matter is unlocked from Fob or Keypad (or someone sitting in the truck and getting out). You can turn it off and on remotely, even across the country. Also can set a schedule to only monitor say late at night pr just for weekends, etc.

I park in my garage so not as useful. But if I park it at the airport I'll turn it on.

Of course the truck has to be in a place with cell service (or wireless I guess). And your phone has to have service.

The only thing I've used it for is to tell me if the Dealer Service is actually opening my truck since I dropped it off, to see if they are really doing anything! You know when they promise it back by the end of the day, and then call you to say it's in the bay but the tech couldn't finish, or they had to order a part, and then you see they never opened the door and moved it into Service.....
SecuriaAlert can trigger false alarms or backlog with number of openings and closings. This app isn't perfect, why system sends out notification when vehicle was unlock via keyfob.

SILVERBULLET69

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
YOUR GLOVE BOX LIGHT IS ON
SecuriaAlert can trigger false alarms or backlog with number of openings and closings. This app isn't perfect, why system sends out notification when vehicle was unlock via keyfob.
ya i turned that off it would nonstop go off.
Sponsored