Anti-Theft Armed Indicator

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
I might be missing something, but is there a light or indicator anywhere on the dash/console showing when the alarm is armed? Every vehicle I've owned with a factory alarm has had a flashing red light somewhere to reassure me that the alarm is set. I did RTFM, and it basically says that the alarm is armed when you lock your truck from the fob, and that's it. I assume the alarm is also armed if uou lock from the outside handle or number pad, but the FM is no help there either.
Sponsored

Ryan091

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 f150. 2022 f150 on order
Occupation
Tool and mold
I don’t believe so haven’t checked on my truck yet but my 2020 never had it.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I might be missing something, but is there a light or indicator anywhere on the dash/console showing when the alarm is armed? Every vehicle I've owned with a factory alarm has had a flashing red light somewhere to reassure me that the alarm is set. I did RTFM, and it basically says that the alarm is armed when you lock your truck from the fob, and that's it. I assume the alarm is also armed if uou lock from the outside handle or number pad, but the FM is no help there either.
I think you will find that the only way the alarm is set is using the flob. The button on the door handle and key pad do not arm the alarm. I use the android widget which shows me when the alarm is on and that is only when I use the flob to lock the truck. See page 111 in the manual.

OP
OP
thebigdu

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for your replies. Seems like such an obvious omission for the keyless handle buttons and number pad not to arm the alarm. The benefit of both locking/unlocking options is that the fob never has to be used. Seems odd that I still have to reach into my pocket to arm the alarm. First world problems, yes, but mildly frustrating ones...

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I agree, having to use the flob to arm the alarm is not a big deal. One would think that if you use any door locking method, it would set the alarm. Only think I can thing of is the flob may have something to do with programing and modules and ?????.

Sponsored

AAWhyte

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 5.0
Occupation
PM
Where is the indicator in the Ford pass app, I can't find anywhere it shows the alarm is armed?

Sorry saw that you stated it was in the widget. I have the android version of the widget and it shows the alarm on even if I use the door handle to lock, which is what I do 99% of the time.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I have a 21 XLT...may have been changed in 22 Lariat

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
This blows my mind. I always assumed no matter how I locked it, it armed it.

This has to be one of the dumbest moves.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I thought the same , no matter how it was locked it was armed. But the android widget Kennelh programed shows otherwise.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
This blows my mind. I always assumed no matter how I locked it, it armed it.

This has to be one of the dumbest moves.
Been like that forever.

Use the FOB. Whats the issue?

Its the only way i have ever locked a vehicle since remote locks came out.

Sponsored

OP
OP
thebigdu

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Been like that forever.

Use the FOB. Whats the issue?

Its the only way i have ever locked a vehicle since remote locks came out.
What's the point of keyless touch entry if you have to use your fob?

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
What's the point of keyless touch entry if you have to use your fob?
What does entering the vehicle have to do with locking when you leave?

AAWhyte

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 5.0
Occupation
PM
I thought the same , no matter how it was locked it was armed. But the android widget Kennelh programed shows otherwise.
I have a 22 and the app shows the green alarm icon even if I lock by the handle. Maybe something changed for the 22's?

wayne b

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat PB
had a situation yesterday where I wanted to lock the door (but not arm the alarm) - parked with a trailer next to a short palm tree, which was very close to the driver window. of course the wind picked up at 11pm. not sure if there is a sensor on the window to prevent tampering or if it was triggering the motion sensor inside, but it went off twice before I just left the doors unlocked. Before reading this helpful thread - I was looking in the app for an option where you could disarm the alarm but keep the doors locked, its odd there's nothing about alarm until it goes off (when I got an "intrusion alert"). Scriptable widget has an "alarm active," but doesn't seem like you can toggle it off.

mmdpg

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Bullitt Mustang, 2021 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Found this in the Service Manual. To me it sounds like the Perimeter Alarm and the internal motion sensors activate no matter how the truck is locked.

Arming The Perimeter Alarm

The perimeter alarm is ready to arm anytime the ignition is off. The perimeter alarm pre-arms when any of the following occur:

• Pressing the lock button on a RKE transmitter
  • Pressing the door lock control switch to the lock position with a front door open, and then closing the door
  • Pressing the 7/8 and 9/0 buttons simultaneously on the keyless entry keypad (if equipped)
  • Locking the vehicle with the passive entry feature (if equipped)

Once the system is pre-armed, there is a 20-second countdown before the perimeter alarm is armed. Each entry point to the vehicle (hood and doors) is armed separately and must be closed before that entry point begins the 20-second countdown to become armed. If all entry points are closed, the turn signals flash upon locking indicating that all entry points are entering the 20-second countdown.

Intrusion Sensor

The intrusion sensor is powered at all times and is monitored by the BCM . When the perimeter alarm is armed, the intrusion sensor monitors the passenger compartment for movement and, if movement is detected, it sends a signal to the BCM .

The inclination sensor is part of the intrusion sensor and is powered and monitored by the BCM at all times. When the perimeter alarm is armed, the inclination sensor monitors the vehicle for tilt or inclination from events such as significant cargo removal or addition, jacking up a wheel assembly, loading onto a tow truck, or suspension modifications causing significant front/rear ride height differences. If sufficient tilt is detected, the inclination sensor sends a signal to the BCM .

When the intrusion sensor is replaced, the LIN New Module Initialization procedure with the BCM must be carried out using a diagnostic scan tool.
Sponsored