Extended Service Plans ESPs

Bo15

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch 4x4, 2010 F-150 Platinum 4x4
No on all that and everything in the finance office. That’s where they gouge customers the most.

My only possible exception is on the manufacturers extended warranty if for sure it’s at cost plus $100 or so and can put into the loan. I usually wait and shop around during the first 12 months for that.
Sponsored

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
One more question for the experts: I remember they tried to sell me the interior/exterior protectant "nano" treatment, and I declined. Since I am now getting a luxury trim I am wondering if anyone recommends getting that or not. (my default is still "no" but just curious on opinions here, I'm guessing I already know the answer)
No, it is just snake oil, a profit gimmick.

Vpswcci

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Taurus Limited, 2021 f150 Platinum (soon!)
One more question for the experts: I remember they tried to sell me the interior/exterior protectant "nano" treatment, and I declined. Since I am now getting a luxury trim I am wondering if anyone recommends getting that or not. (my default is still "no" but just curious on opinions here, I'm guessing I already know the answer)
My salesperson gave me the “Glasscoat” brochure and asked me to consider it while I wait for my truck. After doing some research on the product and reading the warranty my conclusion is that while I want the protection I don’t want to pay for the warranty. That probably can’t happen so after market may be my option.

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
Bypass said package.
It’s just a dealer ripoff.

If you wash and wax your own vehicle using quality products, as well as cleaning and conditioning the leather, seats, you’re good to go.

Don’t fall for the hype of ceramic coatings.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
I had the extended coverage on something I bought in the past (I really can't recall) and was able to recoup some money back when I sold the car before the extended warranty ran out. I think it had three years remaining. Anywho, I am absolutely considering grabbing an extended plan on my Powerboost. I expect to be in this truck for 5 or 6 years minimum and do not want to get stuck in year 4 replacing something extremely costly.

Sponsored

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
I had the extended coverage on something I bought in the past (I really can't recall) and was able to recoup some money back when I sold the car before the extended warranty ran out. I think it had three years remaining. Anywho, I am absolutely considering grabbing an extended plan on my Powerboost. I expect to be in this truck for 5 or 6 years minimum and do not want to get stuck in year 4 replacing something extremely costly.
Get the Ford Premium Care ESP that covers everything out to the maximum of 8 years / 150K miles.

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
is that past the manufacture warranty or runs from the first day you get it?
Whichever part of the 3/36K the vehicle reaches first, that’s when the Ford ESP starts.

It’s a combined total which includes the 3/36 which covers everything on the vehicle from the factory plus the other parts that are covered from the factory

In reality, it’s really just an additional 5 years and 114K miles.

Last edited:

barbersbbq

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
Whichever part of the 3/36K the vehicle reaches first, that’s when the Ford ESP starts.

It’s a combined total which includes the 3/36 which covers everything on the vehicle from the factory plus the other parts that are covered from the factory

In reality, it’s really just an additional 5 years and 114K miles.
Thanks!

dog_tired

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Gen14 Platinum Hybrid; Tesla M3
These ESP's are super expensive in Florida. Ziegler is the only one who can issue and 6 year/125k miles; $200 deductible: $2960.00. And this is prior to the price increase tomorrow.

Sponsored

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
These ESP's are super expensive in Florida. Ziegler is the only one who can issue and 6 year/125k miles; $200 deductible: $2960.00. And this is prior to the price increase tomorrow.
Dealer will want quite a bit more than that. Can you do with a lower mileage, that is what is driving the price so much.

I did 6 year with upgraded rental and 0 delectable, was $805. I don't put a lot of Mileage on one though.

UNCGrad

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 AMB Platinum 3.5 Ecoboost 6.5 bed
I saw the price increase was set to go into effect and I believe it said 5%.

You all do not drive much. My 16 Suburban has almost 133k miles. I bought an extended warranty for the Suburban and it paid off having the transmission fail at 120k and I have had a few other issues.

Since once again Florida has the weird laws, is Ziegler the only online who can sell in Florida? The quote I saw was a bit crazy for 150k miles/ 8 years -almost 5k.

Reeltime

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2018 Murano
Occupation
IT Consultant
Dealer will want quite a bit more than that. Can you do with a lower mileage, that is what is driving the price so much.

I did 6 year with upgraded rental and 0 delectable, was $805. I don't put a lot of Mileage on one though.
HI Bob, is that for your 21 f150? $805?

dog_tired

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Gen14 Platinum Hybrid; Tesla M3
I saw the price increase was set to go into effect and I believe it said 5%.

You all do not drive much. My 16 Suburban has almost 133k miles. I bought an extended warranty for the Suburban and it paid off having the transmission fail at 120k and I have had a few other issues.

Since once again Florida has the weird laws, is Ziegler the only online who can sell in Florida? The quote I saw was a bit crazy for 150k miles/ 8 years -almost 5k.
was that quote for ESP and maintenance? or just esp?
Sponsored