First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
After going through doing my first two oil changes and reading the maintenance schedules for the truck, I had a couple of questions, and I was hoping someone here may know the answer too.

1. The first one I am wondering about is related to lubricating grease fittings, which is supposed to be done every 10k miles. I looked over pretty much everything under my truck and didn't see any grease zerks. I also looked through the service manual I got and couldn't find anything about grease fittings, just about applying grease during certain teardown/rebuild items. Am I overlooking something?

2. The fuel filter(s) are supposed to be changed every 30k miles. I tried searching Ford's parts website and there are no fuel filters found for a '21 F-150. I searched the service manual and all I found was a mention of a permanent fuel filter that is on the fuel pump. Is there really no user-serviceable fuel filter on the truck?

If there really are no grease fittings or fuel filters to worry about, why did Ford put them in the manual as something that needs to be done?
Sponsored

Gros Ventre

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Powerboost
When you see "lifetime" on something think 100,000 miles. Over the years of my 92 Suburban I concluded that a fuel pump should be changed out at about 100,000 miles. Given my home in Wyoming, the idea of a fuel pump going out in February when in the middle of nowhere... Means change out the pump. As to grease joints, such as in a steering linkage, get under the truck and check them out. When loose, change them.

Texas2022XLT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 302A
A lot of the vehicles today there is no fuel filter to change. I haven’t seen grease fittings on a vehicle in a long time. Makes no sense for them to put that in the manual. I have a 2015 Expedition and it says don’t change the transmission fluid till 150K which seems crazy to me.
Sponsored