First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
I have seen some of this mentioned during various threads and thought it would be a good idea to centralize it in one place.

Online Ford extended service plans are much cheaper purchasing through an online Ford ESP seller. They sell tons of plans and save you tons on the price. I am listing several I have found that are close in price but there is difference. They are selling the same Ford backed plan, good at any Ford dealer.

I will tell you, it is cheaper to start the plan the first year with less than 12,000 miles.

You can purchase these right up till the end of the bumper to bumper warranty. 3 years 36,000 miles which ever comes first.

They offer options of various years, mileage and deductibles.

They also offer two enhanced car rental services, bulb replacement and key options. With LEDs and their expense, I get it and both car rental options. Both are cheap for the time period they are covering me, like $70 for the 6 year plan that I get.

All rebate back unused portions not used anytime you want. They are transferable so a good selling tool if you ever do that.

These plans start day one of the trucks service date. So a 2021 with a 6 year plan, expires in 2027.

https://andersonandkoch-ford-warranty.com/
https://www.zeiglerfordesp.com/
https://www.floodfordesp.com/

I have used Flood and service was excellent but currently after pricing these on line to compare, Zeigler was the cheapest for me but you have to pay in full up front. I did not see that discount at Flood. In the coupon box type payinfull and it will save you something like $250 off. Without that, Flood was cheaper, I believe Anderson was the same as Flood.

Anyway just another tool for ya'll to consider and if you want one, here is way to save a good bit of money.

If anyone knows of others, feel free to post it here.

Update... Ford ESP plan had price increased starting early Jan 2021

I would suggest you give your dealer the option to price match. Watch their faces when you tell them what you can get it for.

It's priceless!!

Ford F-150 Extended Service Plans ESPs 1605836128701

Admin-I may have started this thread in the wrong spot. Move if it you need to. thanks
Sponsored

Last edited:

melthon

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT BAP Carbonized Grey (Fully Loaded) 3.5
Is it worth getting this extended warranty plans? I always assumed them to be a waste of money. Although, this is the first 'new' vehicle I have ever purchased (or ordered as like everyone anxiously waiting and reading up on these 21s daily).

Tbanks10

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017F150 Lariot
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I have seen some of this mentioned during various threads and thought it would be a good idea to centralize it in one place.

Online Ford extended service plans are much cheaper purchasing through an online Ford ESP seller. They sell tons of plans and save you tons on the price. I am listing several I have found that are close in price but there is difference. They are selling the same Ford backed plan, good at any Ford dealer.

I will tell you, it is cheaper to start the plan the first year with less than 12,000 miles.

You can purchase these right up till the end of the bumper to bumper warranty. 3 years 36,000 miles which ever comes first.

They also offer two enhanced car rental services, bulb replacement and key options. With LEDs and their expense, I get it and both car rental options. Both are cheap for the time period they are covering me, like $70 for the 6 year plan that I get.

All rebate back unused portions not used anytime you want. They are transferable so a good selling tool if you ever do that.

These plans start day one of the trucks service date. So a 2021 with a 6 year plan, expires in 2027.

I have used Flood and service was excellent but currently after pricing these on line to compare, Zeigler was the cheapest for me but you have to pay in full up front. I did not see that discount at Flood. In the coupon box type payinfull and it will save you something like $250 off. Without that, Flood was cheaper, I believe Anderson was the same as Flood.

Anyway just another tool for ya'll to consider and if you want one, here is way to save a good bit of money.

I would suggest you give your dealer the option to price match. Watch their faces when you tell them what you can get it for.

It's priceless!!

1605836128701.png

Admin-I may have started this thread in the wrong spot. Move if it you need to. thanks
Thanks for the post. This option would definitely alleviate some of my concerns and the price isn’t bad either.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Thanks for the post. This option would definitely alleviate some of my concerns and the price isn’t bad either.
My pleasure

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
I bought an extended warrantee with my 2005 Ranger.
It was not needed at all in the 15yrs and 130k miles I've had the lil wannabe truck.
The thing in my mind is---if something can go wrong it will, so there's THAT.
Also---Karma, piece of mind, and what are you gonna be able to afford in this silly environment.

I will get an 8yr/1000 just so I don't have to worry about it--virtually any part of it.
Since I'm getting a mid XLT, led lighting wont be added, but rental will.
My responsibilities will end with tires and regular oil changes.
And I will keep record of the oil changes/servicing for quite some time, for warrantee records.

Some of y'all are spending nearly twice what I am, and if you intend to keep this thing more than 3 years, the ESP would be good
I tend to keep mine until the wheels fall off. (The Ranger will be the only vehicle I have ever sold that was not ready for the scrapyard---everything else was pretty much done and a few did not drive out on their own)

I priced the ESP thru Flood and was not frightened by the price of the premium plan.
I am wondering if these plans start on the delivery date, is one still having to pay a deductible with factory warrantee service?

Sponsored

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I bought an extended warrantee with my 2005 Ranger.
It was not needed at all in the 15yrs and 130k miles I've had the lil wannabe truck.
The thing in my mind is---if something can go wrong it will, so there's THAT.
Also---Karma, piece of mind, and what are you gonna be able to afford in this silly environment.

I will get an 8yr/1000 just so I don't have to worry about it--virtually any part of it.
Since I'm getting a mid XLT, led lighting wont be added, but rental will.
My responsibilities will end with tires and regular oil changes.
And I will keep record of the oil changes/servicing for quite some time, for warrantee records.

Some of y'all are spending nearly twice what I am, and if you intend to keep this thing more than 3 years, the ESP would be good
I tend to keep mine until the wheels fall off. (The Ranger will be the only vehicle I have ever sold that was not ready for the scrapyard---everything else was pretty much done and a few did not drive out on their own)

I priced the ESP thru Flood and was not frightened by the price of the premium plan.
I am wondering if these plans start on the delivery date, is one still having to pay a deductible with factory warrantee service?
You have the factory warranty for the first 3 years so no deductible and then the ESP finishes it. The rental is from day one.

Fredm2002

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Platinum Antimatter Blue; 2018 Edge 1984 V-65
Occupation
Education
I had an ESP on my 2001 Ranger, used it when it was within 150 miles of the end of the plan. It replaced the steering rack and most of the front end that was covered. I paid a $100 deductible and the rest was covered.

I have a plan on my 2016 F-150 and have three years left and won't come close to the miles, but well worth the money. The ESP plan on my F-150 was bought from Flood Ford, online. No hassle, and cheaper than what the dealer I bought the truck would sell me.

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150

It's priceless!!

1605836128701.png

I purchased mine online from Lombard Ford for my 2016 F150.

No, they’re not the cheapest but they have the most financing options and they offer and will send you a discount code via email before purchasing your Ford ESP through them.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Resurrecting this thread as I may need to negotiate between 2 dealerships very soon...

I *love* the convenience of pre-paid maintenance and having a warranty plan through Ford. So I'm willing to pay a few hundred extra bucks for it. BUT, not like thousands extra.

In 2017 when I bought my XLT, the sales guy first offered me the maintenance plan and PremiumCARE at the MSRP, and I said no thanks. Then he said ok I'm not going to bull**** you or waste your time. He turned the screen to us and showed the MSRP column and the minimum column (I think it was Invoice) and said this is the lowest I can offer it, it is at cost plus commission (which I think he said $100 or something?), do I want it or not lets not waste time. So I was like, yes that sounds great! The reason why I knew it was great? Just 3 weeks earlier I had done NO research and got an equivalent XLT from another dealer, and our kids were tired and whining and I couldn't think clearly and we got swindled on these plans (luckily we were able to unwind that deal and return the truck, it was actually USED and they sold it to us as NEW).

All that being said... I looked up my 2017 contract (this is 2017 EB XLT 302a, I don't know how it varies by trim/year):

Ford pre-paid premium maintenance (13 visits, every 7,500 mi): $1565
For Premiumcare plan (72month/100k miles): $1335

I believe there is no way an upper trim (601a) with so many things that can go wrong will cost same for Premiumcare. Does anyone else have their figures they are willing to share? Or what they have paid with one of the non-ford 3rd parties? This would give me the tools I need in order to decline to try to force their offer at invoice.

Thanks!

Reactions: J-C
OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Resurrecting this thread as I may need to negotiate between 2 dealerships very soon...

I *love* the convenience of pre-paid maintenance and having a warranty plan through Ford. So I'm willing to pay a few hundred extra bucks for it. BUT, not like thousands extra.

In 2017 when I bought my XLT, the sales guy first offered me the maintenance plan and PremiumCARE at the MSRP, and I said no thanks. Then he said ok I'm not going to bull**** you or waste your time. He turned the screen to us and showed the MSRP column and the minimum column (I think it was Invoice) and said this is the lowest I can offer it, it is at cost plus commission (which I think he said $100 or something?), do I want it or not lets not waste time. So I was like, yes that sounds great! The reason why I knew it was great? Just 3 weeks earlier I had done NO research and got an equivalent XLT from another dealer, and our kids were tired and whining and I couldn't think clearly and we got swindled on these plans (luckily we were able to unwind that deal and return the truck, it was actually USED and they sold it to us as NEW).

All that being said... I looked up my 2017 contract (this is 2017 EB XLT 302a, I don't know how it varies by trim/year):

I believe there is no way an upper trim (601a) with so many things that can go wrong will cost same for Premiumcare. Does anyone else have their figures they are willing to share? Or what they have paid with one of the non-ford 3rd parties? This would give me the tools I need in order to decline to try to force their offer at invoice.

Thanks!
The links posted here are all Ford extended warranty plans. You can also order the premium maintenance on these sites.

You just plug in your info and truck options, what you want, for how long, mileage and what deductible. It gives you a total, use that as your price point. If dealer can match then go with your dealer. If not, I go with who is cheaper. They are the exact same plan your dealer is offering.

I like these site because I can what the best price will be, before I even talk with the dealer.

Information is power!

Sponsored

barbersbbq

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
The links posted here are all Ford extended warranty plans. You can also order the premium maintenance on these sites.

You just plug in your info and truck options, what you want, for how long, mileage and what deductible. It gives you a total, use that as your price point. If dealer can match then go with your dealer. If not, I go with who is cheaper. They are the exact same plan your dealer is offering.

I like these site because I can what the best price will be, before I even talk with the dealer.

Information is power!
Can you post a link in here again? I’m sorry I don’t see it. Thank you.

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150

Thanks!
Better prices for Ford ESP plans can be found online from several volume sellers.

One should use this info to see if your selling dealer can match or beat it.

For upper trim level F150‘s, one should look beyond just the Ford Maintenance Plan because of all the features on said upper trim vehicle.

Stay away from 2nd party ESP plans and Lifetime Plans offered by your or any Ford dealer because regardless of what they might say, they’re not backed by Ford.

Only purchase a real Ford backed ESP.

A policy that covers everything to the max years and mileage and depending on when you purchase it before the 3/36K warranty expires is going to cost you $2000.00-$3500.00

Lombard Ford has the most financing options.

Last edited:

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Ok, so this is starting to click now. These other online parties are selling the SAME plan that Ford sells you when you sign the papers? Is the process seamless when you have to take the truck in for service? Like today, they would check the issue versus warranty, fix it, and you pay nothing or a deductable. With the outside purchase, do they have this on file and it is the same seamless process, or do you have to pay in full, then file some kind of claim and a bunch of paperwork and hope for reimbursement?
Sponsored