Sponsored

Extended Warranty / ESP Issues - Warranty Purchased Dealer vs. Closest Service Dealer Issues?

euchre_u

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GX460, RX350, EX35
Occupation
Old Farmer - Outstanding in my field
If this thread isn't posted in the correct forum area, moderators please feel free to post it in the correct area.

I know this should NOT be the case, but has anyone had issues with their "local" dealer not wanting to honor (or at least giving you the side-eye to) the Extended Warranty or ESP's that you purchased at another dealer (the one you're taking your vehicle to for service / repairs routinely)? By "Side-eye" I mean slow rolled a rental car to get you out of the dealership for a repair, or put your vehicle at the back of the service line (oil changes, service interval maintenance, etc) so they would get the vehicles they sold directly at the dealer serviced first?

I've had other Big 3 Extended Warranty plans, and it can be hit-or-miss regarding the service level. My hesitancy may be coming from the fact that I have had extended warranty issues with my RV regarding levels of service and "authorized" dealers not wanting to do warranty repairs. Yes, it was a fuster.
Sponsored

Infotroll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 2022
Can not speak for FORD esp but I have aftermarket one that were very good and had no issue with. That being said they have all gone up in price due to cover a large amount a couple of thousand . If you plan to purchase a ford esp have a looK at this thread here. I played with it and found that it didn't matter if purchased it with in a year or the day I bought the truck. I will not bore you with more as the thread goes in more detail

Last edited:

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
If this thread isn't posted in the correct forum area, moderators please feel free to post it in the correct area.

I know this should NOT be the case, but has anyone had issues with their "local" dealer not wanting to honor (or at least giving you the side-eye to) the Extended Warranty or ESP's that you purchased at another dealer (the one you're taking your vehicle to for service / repairs routinely)? By "Side-eye" I mean slow rolled a rental car to get you out of the dealership for a repair, or put your vehicle at the back of the service line (oil changes, service interval maintenance, etc) so they would get the vehicles they sold directly at the dealer serviced first?

I've had other Big 3 Extended Warranty plans, and it can be hit-or-miss regarding the service level. My hesitancy may be coming from the fact that I have had extended warranty issues with my RV regarding levels of service and "authorized" dealers not wanting to do warranty repairs. Yes, it was a fuster.
I never had a problem with the Ford ESP purchased from Ziegler Ford. The local dealer where I bought the truck took it in, fixed what was broken. charged me the $100 deductible, and I was out the door.

Coolrain

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Raptor
the FORD ESP information is entered in by your VIN number not sure the service people even see the source that you purchased it from just the coverage details
Sponsored