Extended Service Plans ESPs

cakryg

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Tundra
I've never bought one of these plans before. I never had a vehicle this complicated. They cover both parts and labor, correct?
Sponsored

Don

First Name
Don Murray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
Bob
Not sure where you get all of your information, but it is spot on!! You have been very helpful to me in this process of ordering/shopping for a new F150!! THANKS!

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
Bob, I lost track on the exact ESP website that "you" used. I'm planning on getting a Extended Warranty but around 2 yrs later but before the 3-yr warranty ends. Like you I don't put that much milage on mine. My 2016 aver 7,200 miles. Sold it with just over 36K.

BMWtoF150

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch, 3.5 Eco
Occupation
Retired, Part Time Consultant
Folks,
One of the important aspect of ESP are the ease with which you can file and claim, the paperwork involved and the likelihood of claim being challenged.
I say this from a personal experience, my brother had the Ford ESP on his mustang, it was very easy to work with the dealership, all the prices and whats covered and not was clearly stated in the plan paperwork. It was a good experience overall.
This is an important reason i am thinking i should stick to Ford ESP compared to third party ESP.
I still haven't made the choice, waiting for the truck to be built.
I am concerned that i might pick an external ESP based on pricing, only to get screwed on claims/repairs.
Anyone have any experience/thoughts dealing with third party plans/providers?
I had a Ford ESP on my 2017 Lariat and it paid for it self about 4 times over. I paid around $1600 from an online from a Ford dealer and used it to:

Replace door lock actuator
Replace BCM
Replace light switch and light module
Replace the entire wiring harness in the cab, fairly complex as the interior had to come out.
It also provided me with loaners for the 44 total days it was in the shop.
I only paid one $50 deductible during this time.

When I traded my truck and cancelled the ESP (it was a 6yeat/100,00mile) my truck had 50.495 miles on it and they refunded me $896.00.

With all the electronic to go wrong on these trucks, I would not have one without an ESP.

YOCUBED

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 GLE 450, 2016 BMW M3, 2021 F150 Limited
Occupation
Emergency Physician
Bob, I lost track on the exact ESP website that "you" used. I'm planning on getting a Extended Warranty but around 2 yrs later but before the 3-yr warranty ends. Like you I don't put that much milage on mine. My 2016 aver 7,200 miles. Sold it with just over 36K.
The two best sites I've found for ESPs are Flood Ford and Zeigler Ford. Zeigler is slightly cheaper if you use the pay in full discount code "payinfull". Here are the respective links to their websites
https://www.floodfordesp.com/
https://www.zeiglerfordesp.com/

Sponsored

Kefoster2

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
Folks,
One of the important aspect of ESP are the ease with which you can file and claim, the paperwork involved and the likelihood of claim being challenged.
I say this from a personal experience, my brother had the Ford ESP on his mustang, it was very easy to work with the dealership, all the prices and whats covered and not was clearly stated in the plan paperwork. It was a good experience overall.
This is an important reason i am thinking i should stick to Ford ESP compared to third party ESP.
I am concerned that i might pick an external ESP based on pricing, only to get screwed on claims/repairs.
From experience, if you pick a third party look at the maximum claim amount per major end item. I had a Denali that had engine issues that GM knew about. They stated it needed an engine and the warranty company would only pay 3,000.00. Talk about a gut puncher.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Folks,
I would not touch a third party with a 10 foot pole.
I see Chris got you covered. Know that waiting will not save you any money or mileage. They go up after year one and more after year two, etc.

Also the way I understand it, if you buy a 6 year plan on a 2020 model 2 years after sold, the plan still ends at 2026. Not 100% about that but be sure to check it out first. Knowledge is key.

I knew I was buying day one so I didn't look that hard into it but that seems like what I read. If you find out differently be sure to let us know here. (y)

Don
Was my pleasure and glad it has help you!

barbersbbq

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
Has anyone been getting an error when going to try and get a quote on ford's ESPs?

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
Has anyone been getting an error when going to try and get a quote on ford's ESPs?
An error?

What website are you checking?

Just type in Lombard Ford, Flood Ford or any other online seller of Ford ESP’s

TomH

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
These ESP's are super expensive in Florida. Ziegler is the only one who can issue and 6 year/125k miles; $200 deductible: $2960.00. And this is prior to the price increase tomorrow.
Call Flood, they will tell you how to bypass the Florida restrictions!

Sponsored

goatlord99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Supercrew Lariat Powerboost
well lookie here, I just found what I needed f150 lariat powerboost. Definitely want an ESP, but no experience, how many years / miles do folks usually get?

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
well lookie here, I just found what I needed f150 lariat powerboost. Definitely want an ESP, but no experience, how many years / miles do folks usually get?
Can’t tell you what most folks get, but I’m going with 100,000/8 yrs
It might be just what it takes for the Ford people to flip that little “self destruct @ 36,000 mi” switch to OFF.

Bought it for my Ranger yrs ago. Truck never went in for anything after the base warrantee expired, and only once before for a sticking brake caliper.
(Got new rotors, calipers and pads @ 35,000 mi.)

goatlord99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Supercrew Lariat Powerboost
Can’t tell you what most folks get, but I’m going with 100,000/8 yrs
It might be just what it takes for the Ford people to flip that little “self destruct @ 36,000 mi” switch to OFF.

Bought it for my Ranger yrs ago. Truck never went in for anything after the base warrantee expired, and only once before for a sticking brake caliper.
(Got new rotors, calipers and pads @ 35,000 mi.)
thanks. I have never had a new truck so I am flying blind. this seems like a safe range.
Sponsored