Sponsored

New Ford Email about Supply Chain Delays

Bbmertz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat SC 4x4
Just received an email from Ford tonight about “supply chain challenges” delaying the build of my XLT which was scheduled the week of 4/24. The order tracker initially reported that production started on 4/19 and the window sticker had a blend date of 4/25, however the sticker has subsequently been removed. Anyone else received a similar message?

Ford F-150 New Ford Email about Supply Chain Delays IMG_0138
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Are the delays anything like they were a year ago? (and more)

6 months was common. I thought it was getting better than that.

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 PB 501a 4x4 short bed 7.2KW. PL=1658lbs.
It has to be something special you ordered.

You were ahead in time from me but I just got the, Your Truck is Built, email on Wed.

Ordered 4/3, VIN assigned 4/6, Sticker produced 4/25, blend date per sticker 5/4, built email 5/10.

My tracking pg. still only works about once per week but the info on my account at Ford has been updated.

Here is my sticker. I purposely kept the build simple, so it wouldn't get hung up and to maximize payload, which is 1658lbs.

Ford F-150 New Ford Email about Supply Chain Delays 20230504_121300 (2)

Last edited:
OP
OP

Bbmertz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat SC 4x4
Thanks for this info. My guess is the 20” A/T tires or spray-in bedliner from the black appearance package are delaying my build. I also have the power tailgate (as part of the XLT High package) and the tow package, but both of those were in your build as well.

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 PB 501a 4x4 short bed 7.2KW. PL=1658lbs.
Thanks for this info. My guess is the 20” A/T tires or spray-in bedliner from the black appearance package are delaying my build. I also have the power tailgate (as part of the XLT High package) and the tow package, but both of those were in your build as well.
No power tailgate and no spray in liner.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Bbmertz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat SC 4x4
I stand corrected… it looks like I have the remote tailgate release, as you do, not the power tailgate.

Kangio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 PB Platinum RR BAP in production 4/5/23
Haven’t received an email from Ford for over a month. Truck was “built” 4/11. Stuck in that status ever since. Tracker last updated last week, but same “built” status. Multiple attempts to get more info from Ford chat, customer service, EA support, and dealership all state truck build complete and awaiting transport assignment. Of course NO ONE is able to talk with the factory to find out the real story.

My guess is either this truck was “lost” on the factory lot, or it actually isn’t complete, missing some chip, and therefore stuck in limbo.

I am ready to move on…and weary of sticking with Ford even though I like the F150 over the competition.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
There are countless numbers of folks that have taken the same journey.

Mine was a 6 month wait with long quiet spells between each "update" from Ford's automated messages/updates

Of course any/all angst and frustration immediately dissapated the moment my sales guy sent me a picture of it arriving at the dealership.

It's been 55 weeks since that text. :)
And worth the wait, I might add because it's the only truck EXACTLY like I wanted it.

cpw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat Supercrew 157" V8
My truck has been built since 4/12. Sitting on RAMP 59 outside DTP. First ETA 4/30-5/6, then they updated to a range ending in 5/12. Will bother Ford chat again on Monday, but don't trust them very much at this point. I ordered on 9/10/2022, so hopefully it is not much longer to wait.

troy12n

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 SCRW 5.0
My truck has been built since 4/12. Sitting on RAMP 59 outside DTP. First ETA 4/30-5/6, then they updated to a range ending in 5/12. Will bother Ford chat again on Monday, but don't trust them very much at this point. I ordered on 9/10/2022, so hopefully it is not much longer to wait.
Once the vehicle is dropped off at the (rail) shippers origin ramp, they lose all control over the shipment until it arrives at the destination ramp.

The railroad industry is a mess right now because they can't get people to work. This isn't the best place to go into this, but it's affecting all industries.

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
Just received an email from Ford tonight about “supply chain challenges” delaying the build of my XLT which was scheduled the week of 4/24. The order tracker initially reported that production started on 4/19 and the window sticker had a blend date of 4/25, however the sticker has subsequently been removed. Anyone else received a similar message?

IMG_0138.jpeg
For what it’s worth… my “scheduled build” was delayed NINE TIMES over the course of 5-months and I NEVER received an email from Ford.

Ford F-150 New Ford Email about Supply Chain Delays You Lucky Bastard!

Sponsored

Last edited: