First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
The APIM updated. I have full screen Carplay. My truck is a 2021. Crazy how this truck never updated. I do have one issue though. The Ford logo on start up only shows 1/4 of the screen. I attached a photo. Have you ever dealt with that?

Also, I PMI the APIM yesterday since I couldn't get it to work. The APIM update would not get passed the first step on FDRS. Just some info for anybody that needs it.
Reset the APIM. See if that helps.
Sponsored

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
I already messaged him, but this is a tomorrow thing at this point. Many vehicles hit a wall at Sync 23159 where the next GWM needed to keep going doesn't show up for some reason. In most cases, he can help. I'll message you.
Of course, no rush at all. Thank you!!

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
@Shane S I assume you have tried rebooting laptop and checking hard drive space?

Can't hurt since you say every update gives same error message.

Shane S

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Sport 4x4
Occupation
General Contractor
@Shane S I assume you have tried rebooting laptop and checking hard drive space?

Can't hurt since you say every update gives same error message.
Yes, tried them all.. reboot, shut down, uninstall, reinstall.. 300gb free space..

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
My truck's updates are finally complete. Thanks again for all the help from everyone in this thread and behind-the scenes!!

Two changes - good and bad - in the behavior of cruise control that I noticed while driving this morning:

The good: I use standard cruise control, not adaptive. Before the update, whenever I turned CC ON, I would get an alert about auto braking or something not working because I was not using adaptive CC. This was annoying. This warning is now gone when I turn CC ON.

The bad: When I turn CC ON now after the updates, Lane Keeping Assist turns on by itself. This is extremely annoying. I want CC, not LKA. If I want LKA, there is a separate button for that. I want to decide when to turn it on/off.

Is there a way to fix that? I searched the Driver Assistance menu but didn't see anything related to that.

Thanks.

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
The bad: When I turn CC ON now after the updates, Lane Keeping Assist turns on by itself. This is extremely annoying. I want CC, not LKA. If I want LKA, there is a separate button for that. I want to decide when to turn it on/off.

Is there a way to fix that? I searched the Driver Assistance menu but didn't see anything related to that.

Thanks.
Not sure if there is a way to turn that coming on automatically with FORScan or not, but yea, that's how it works now with the latest updates.

Reactions: sbi

danike

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat
Occupation
IT Director
I just completed the updates using the loaner Mongoose cable. The directions were great but I wanted to share my experience to hopefully help future cases.

1. The newest version of FRDS 40.4.5 worked for me, I didn't have any issues like others described. I used a Windows 11 64bit laptop and plugged directly into router using ethernet cable (vs using wireless)
2. Wednesday morning, I woke up early and paid for the 2-day license. I tried logging into FDRS around 7am eastern and it kept giving an HTTP 500 error. I changed my credentials to make sure it wasn't a simple fix but the HTTP 500 error kept coming up. I started reading the forums and multiple users described Ford's website can go down for maintenance or other reasons so I gave it a few hours and at 10am eastern (9am central) it worked. Maybe it needs time to register the new account or maybe the site was just down in the early morning.
3. The entire process took 12 hours and I was pretty diligent about checking back to follow the instructions of the next steps. Plan your day accordingly! Nothing was hard, but it was like babysitting a smoker with brisket...you gotta give it time and love.
4. It did reset my FORScan settings so I had to reload those.
5. I have a 2021 Ford Lariat and didn't have any complaints or annoyances, I mainly wanted to see if my BlueCruise would update so I could use lane changing. It didn't give me the lane changing ability but I can say 100% there are much less times where BC temporarily turns off on the highways near Louisville KY. One big example is the underground tunnels between Grinstead Dr. and Cannons lane.
Overall- I'm really glad I went through the effort to borrow the loaner cable and do the upgrades. If more BlueCruise upgrades are ever available in the future I'll probably borrow it again.

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
I feel like these should be added to the beginning of this thread.
How about we get Ford to fix FDRS to work as it should with Windows 10 and 11?
Sponsored