Sponsored

jgrant

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum Hybrid
Thanks, Jesse. Tried all that, in that order, very carefully. Still getting a "cannot reach FDRS servers" message and never get a chance to log in. I'm assuming you are able to log in just fine today?

1. uninstall FDRS
  2. reboot computer
  3. download and save FDRS from here https://www.motorcraftservice.com/diagnostic/Support?channelId=50&categoryId=276
  4. once the download is complete100%, do not open the file.
  5. go to your DOWNLOADS folder and right click on FDRS 38.5.7 then select Run As Administrator to start the installation.
  6. go to www.motorcraftservice.com using MS Edge browser and login. then minimize the browser window..
  7. launch FDRS, select INDEPENDETN OPERATOR/NON-DEALER as a user type, country = USA, click on Login tab.
  8. login using the same email address and password of motorcraftservice.com.
Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Thanks, Jesse. Tried all that, in that order, very carefully. Still getting a "cannot reach FDRS servers" message and never get a chance to log in. I'm assuming you are able to log in just fine today?
Yes. I did log in prior to posting this.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I had to fight login issues several times yesterday and last night.
And that's from the same pc I have done many FDRS sessions from previously.
So yesterday wasn't the best day for troubleshooting login issues, in my opinion.
I wasted a bit of time and effort myself swapping FDRS versions across a couple of different laptops. I think it was on Ford's end all along

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I have seen where certain regions have issues while others do not

jgrant

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Frustration level is rising, and license time is ticking by while not being able to actually use the software license I purchased...not really happy with Ford right now.

More things I've been trying:
Started completely over on a totally different computer, using a totally different internet connection (mobile hotspot this time). Still used the same log in, and successfully transferred the same FDRS license to the new computer.
Same result - "cannot reach the FDRS servers". Network tests are now consistently "pass" (had some fails earlier) but not able to log in. FDRS WILL take me to the Dealer website to attempt login that way, but will not do it with non-dealer selection.

Sponsored

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Frustration level is rising, and license time is ticking by while not being able to actually use the software license I purchased...not really happy with Ford right now.

More things I've been trying:
Started completely over on a totally different computer, using a totally different internet connection (mobile hotspot this time). Still used the same log in, and successfully transferred the same FDRS license to the new computer.
Same result - "cannot reach the FDRS servers". Network tests are now consistently "pass" (had some fails earlier) but not able to log in. FDRS WILL take me to the Dealer website to attempt login that way, but will not do it with non-dealer selection.
If you’re running Windows 11, try a much older version of FDRS—37.X.X. @nitrobass24 ’s database goes back that far.

nitrobass24

Threads
Reaction score
Website
redboxplus.com
Vehicles
'21 F150 Platinum PB
Occupation
Roll offs and Porta-Potties

jgrant

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
Did you install ford's vcm software. I use a mongoose, but somehow after installing the vcm software it all worked.

jgrant

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Did you install ford's vcm software. I use a mongoose, but somehow after installing the vcm software it all worked.
Are you talking about the VCI software package? I had it installed before but I've sinced uninstalled it as I try to get this to work. I'm going to re-install and see if it makes any difference.

Sponsored

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
Are you talking about the VCI software package? I had it installed before but I've sinced uninstalled it as I try to get this to work. I'm going to re-install and see if it makes any difference.
Yes

Micho523

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502a
Occupation
Engineer
OK, everybody, I'm getting the dreaded "cannot reach FDRS servers" message when trying to login to FDRS. Any help is greatly appreciated. Here's what I've done so far:
1. Installed FDRS 39.6.8 (latest release, 18 March)
2. Selected "Independente Operator/Non-Dealer" and "USA".
3. Hit Log In and get the message.
4. Tried un-installing and re-installing 4 times. Tried installing "VCI" software because it was complaining about it.
5. Tried creating a new Motorcraft account and being logged in while running FDRS.
Is anyone else having issues today?
Literally just used it without issue

Gord0

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 502a
Since I won't have time this weekend to tackle my list of updates on my new to me truck I figured I'd at least do a little prep. Grabbed my asbuilt from Ford, then plugged into forscan for the first time to download my asbuilts there. I was somewhat shocked I only had 1 dtc. 😆
Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS 1000022834

It'll be nice to clear this list, then figure out why I get no cam in motion even though I'm on Sync23159 rev915. Yes, only 1 cam. Surprisingly this Lariat wasn't optioned with 360... Yet.
Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS Screenshot_20240319_071719_Chrome

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Problem is probably something on my end, then. Thanks for the data. Still trying to figure it out...
There are two “non-dealer” login choices—Non-Dealer ETIS and Independent Operator/Non-Dealer. Make sure you are using Independent Operator/Non-Dealer.
Sponsored