Sponsored

Ruffiano99

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
I had this issue when i tried to update too far away from my wifi. May want to log out log back in and refresh the update/download and try again. Make sure your within wifi range.
Oh maybe. Ill retry later. I was connected to my phones hotspot when i tried. Didnt have full bars. That could be it.
Sponsored

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
It's a beast of a video, but here's the end-to-end procedure to clear the "stuck" OTA that ultimately worked for me:

Fixing the 2021 Ford F-150 Broken Over-the-air (OTA) Updates for BlueCruise - YouTube
Wow, great video. Thank you for putting that together for us.

Question - Could I do the same thing with the Nano for getting the 1.7.1 unstuck? I'm optimistically waiting for my dealer appointment on Monday, but want to make sure I have a solid plan B and the Nano price is much more appealing than the Mongoose.

Airborne_Ape

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010, 2014, 2017, 2021 F150
I have an update on my quest to get access to a VCM. I wasn’t joking in my last post. I legitimately went in for an oil change and it resulted in a job offer. I’m going to have to create a separate thread on how I ended up at this point because it’s possibly the dumbest career decision ever and an odd way into the industry.

The deal I worked out is: I will work voluntarily on a casual basis to assist a senior master tech thats on light-duty medical restrictions and close to retirement. In exchange I’ll be able to learn a lot from their best, get full dealer access to shop systems and tools, they will pay for any online e-Learning I participate in and the volunteer hours will be counted towards an apprenticeship if I end up pursuing it as a career.

I still work full time in a completely different industry, but the important thing is my current employer is on board with this.

I think it’s a better plan than my original strategy of getting a VCX Nano from Amazon. Worst case scenario, I’ll learn something.

Ruffiano99

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
I am stuck stuck. Got connected up to good wifi, managed to get the TCU PMI to run. But still no luck getting the TSB to complete. Keep getting stopped at flashing MU5T-14H116-CA. Looks like im beyond fixing on my own, much to my chagrin ill have to rely on the dealer to figure this out. Im assuming something really does need to get replaced on my truck. 😩

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
I have an update on my quest to get access to a VCM. I wasn’t joking in my last post. I legitimately went in for an oil change and it resulted in a job offer. I’m going to have to create a separate thread on how I ended up at this point because it’s possibly the dumbest career decision ever and an odd way into the industry.

The deal I worked out is: I will work voluntarily on a casual basis to assist a senior master tech thats on light-duty medical restrictions and close to retirement. In exchange I’ll be able to learn a lot from their best, get full dealer access to shop systems and tools, they will pay for any online e-Learning I participate in and the volunteer hours will be counted towards an apprenticeship if I end up pursuing it as a career.

I still work full time in a completely different industry, but the important thing is my current employer is on board with this.

I think it’s a better plan than my original strategy of getting a VCX Nano from Amazon. Worst case scenario, I’ll learn something.
Haha wow, thats awesome man, kudos to you and sounds like a win-win at the moment. This sounds very familiar to my current job at a ag equipment dealership on the technology side of things. Half my job anymore is assisting the techs with anything and everything technology related, especially some of the older techs who've been doing this about as long as I've been alive. Software, programming, payloads, controllers, service advisor, you name it. Maybe I should look into something similar with my local dealer, especially since my Nano has been sitting in its box, in my office, untouched since it showed up a while back...

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Yea, but now you can expect much better response to the truck on further updates. No more driving around for a month hoping this is the day?

Ruffiano99

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Dropped my truck at the dealer just now. Definitely doesn’t seem promising considering the people checking me in dont even know what over the air updates are, and have no clue about the issue or TSB.
4 days atleast before they even pull my truck into a bay and start looking at it. Lets see how this goes. Im expecting zero progress. On a side note i watched them look up my truck in the Oasis system and it was pretty comical seeing their reaction to how many DTCs my truck had for almost every day for months in a row. Every bit of history shows up from all the attempts at module updates and resets and PMIs.

ChiefD

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150
Mine is at the dealership for the 3 week in a row for updates. Today they fixed the running boards but now say I need something called an AIPM module. Not looking good to having BlueCruise before my big trip.

Sponsored

Ruffiano99

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Mine is at the dealership for the 3 week in a row for updates. Today they fixed the running boards but now say I need something called an AIPM module. Not looking good to having BlueCruise before my big trip.
It took them 3 weeks to figure you needed a new module? That’s insanity. Also not surprised.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Apim is the Sync module.. I can promise you dont need a new one.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Im not fully following hi situation. If it wont update. Look at @Whoskyle . He left his usb in for a month or something. It finally kicked in. THe dealer is waiting 5 mins and goes oh bad apim. It wont fix it and it will just make it worse. THey wont finish a PMI they wont get you anywhere.
Sponsored