Sponsored

Do you prefer color matched, or chrome?

LostBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White F150 XLT 5.0
I've been looking at a 21 or 22 in space white and can't make up my mind between color matched or chrome. I started off wanting the color matched bumpers, door handles and tail gate that come on the sport appearance package because it has a nice premium look to it. But I also think the chrome accents look classy. I like both but am leaning more towards the chrome, which do you think looks better?

Ford F-150 Do you prefer color matched, or chrome? c6c058d0b7baec3e103a63b56f4f5ddbx

Ford F-150 Do you prefer color matched, or chrome? IMG_3716.JPG
Sponsored

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
Color matched all day long is my opinion. I personally don't care for chrome. I also don't use my truck as my daily driver. If you do a lot of highway driving you may want chrome bumbers to keep from getting stone chips in the paint. I prefer the look of everything paint matched. I'm looking for new mirrors for my truck now to have them paint matched as well as door handles.

sbreech

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 STX, Lead Foot Grey
Occupation
Systems Administrator
It’s your truck! Who cares what WE think! Get what you like.

Chrome is old school classy. It went out of style because of marketing to drive costs down. The EPA made chrome plating a very expensive ordeal, so manufacturers started pushing “black out” and “color match”. All look great in their own situations and eyes of the beholders (or beer holders).

Flash69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum on order
For classic cars, I prefer chrome is many cases but not all.

For new model vehicles, I prefer color matched. My 22 only has chrome on the door molding. I will be figuring something out to cover it.

DanielG

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat
I like the Sport Package with paint match. However, the chrome will take the rocks better. My 22 Ecoboost had two paint chips on the front bumper when I traded it.

Sponsored

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bullitt, 2020 F-150
Occupation
Babylon 5 security
To each their own, and there is no wrong answer... but I will always be a sucker for a black F-150 with chrome accents. That's been my favorite for 40+ years.

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
When I got my '17, I didn't want chrome. The truck I got was a great deal ($12k under sticker) so I took the chrome.

It grew on me, but I still wanted color matched. I got color matched on my '22. The only down side to color matched, which others have mentioned, is that it's more prone to rock chips.

I do think it's a personal choice and up to you. To each their own. I think both can look good, but they are definitely different looks.

For me all white and black just screens storm trooper theme truck and that really really appeals to me :)

Sponsored

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
C&A
My 2018 EB was color matched and I loved it (Magma Red). But 50k interstate miles later it looked horrible. My 2021 PB is chrome and it is growing on me. If you go color matched budget for PPF.

MontanaFred

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford F150 XLT 4x4
Occupation
AD Air Force
Most def up to you! You will be driving it day in and day out. Since you asked, I hate chrome and have started de-chroming my King Ranch piece by piece. I feel like chrome is trying to dress up a trailer park. I have owned three new trucks and the first two had chrome packages, this one is color matched and I absolutely love the look vs gaudy chrome. But, hey...rock with what YOU like!!!!

OP
OP
LostBoy

LostBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White F150 XLT 5.0
To each their own, and there is no wrong answer... but I will always be a sucker for a black F-150 with chrome accents. That's been my favorite for 40+ years.
Absolutely! i love this setup

oncechance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT, 302A, FX4, 3.5 EB, 6.5', Max Tow
I like the Sport Package with paint match. However, the chrome will take the rocks better. My 22 Ecoboost had two paint chips on the front bumper when I traded it.
Agreed. Nothing like having to touch up rock chips on a brand new truck.