PFXLT

First Name
AA Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Hey there y’all.
when I drive around for any longer than, let’s say, 30 minutes; music on and sounds great. I hit the volume but on the steering wheel either up or down and for the split second the screen shows the volume level my music gets “digitized”. Same thing happens when after driving for a while and I put it in reverse to back into a spot or the driveway. I get the same quick burst of digitized audio. Really it seems like any change to the screen after it’s been “idle” for a while causes this.

I do have a JL amp where the audio is being fed directly from the front speaker channels. I also have the JL C2-650 component setup for the front doors and tweeters. Rear doors are stock cause I don’t ride back there. Haha

sorry for the long post, just not sure how else to describe what’s happening.
Sponsored

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Common issue with B&O system but this is first I've seen with aftermarket components.

OP
OP

PFXLT

First Name
AA Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Common issue with B&O system but this is first I've seen with aftermarket components.
I should’ve added it’s the peasant 7 speaker.
maybe an ota will fix it.

Last edited:

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Don't know, the only update that I'm aware of is the DSP on the B&O systems. It fixed static/loud pop for me but I still get the digital noise like you mentioned every time my camera turns on.

Chili

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
I should’ve added it’s the peasant 7 speaker.
maybe an ota will fix it.
Mine was doing that on the same system. It just stopped randomly. Same XLT 7 speaker system, no B&O. Seemed to only do it with Android Auto. Do you also have a Samsung Galaxy S? I have an s20 plus and others with Galaxy S were reporting the same.

Sponsored

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Oh, do you have your sync screen set to always dark? It was reported by some that for some weird reason setting it to dark mode full time fixed issues.

OP
OP

PFXLT

First Name
AA Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Oh, do you have your sync screen set to always dark? It was reported by some that for some weird reason setting it to dark mode full time fixed issues.
I’ll have to try this. Thanks for the tip

OP
OP

PFXLT

First Name
AA Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Mine was doing that on the same system. It just stopped randomly. Same XLT 7 speaker system, no B&O. Seemed to only do it with Android Auto. Do you also have a Samsung Galaxy S? I have an s20 plus and others with Galaxy S were reporting the same.
No iPhone 12 connected via Bluetooth. Also does it while plugged in and using carplay
Sponsored