Sponsored

Anyone else experiencing a pop noise from their speakers? Powerboost?

HulkBoost

First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Sales
So I have a 2021 Powerboost I've 34" tires with 20" fuels and ofcourse I have to level it! I love the truck but im averging like 15.5 mpg?! Also it's been a bit of a headache fordpass and android auto don't work and every time I open the door I can hear a pop coming from the speakers and same once you start up the truck!! I've already taken it to my service department and they did the Field action service 21b33 but it did nothing still can't use fordpass and the popping is still there... anyone else have this issue? And curious on what everyone is getting on their mpgs with similar setup?

Ford F-150 Anyone else experiencing a pop noise from their speakers? Powerboost? 20210626_154436
Sponsored

Chewza

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 AMB Plat PB
I have not noticed any popping.

You also have heavier tires and rims which will dock you a couple MPG.
If you've got a lead foot, and are engaging the turbos, you're not going to come close to the 24mpg either.

I'm averaging 20'ish on my loaded Platinum PB with a mix of city / highway that has less than 1000 miles on it.

Try turning on the EV coach in My View to see how your driving style affects the MPG.

OP
OP
HulkBoost

HulkBoost

First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Sales
I have not noticed any popping.

You also have heavier tires and rims which will dock you a couple MPG.
If you've got a lead foot, and are engaging the turbos, you're not going to come close to the 24mpg either.

I'm averaging 20'ish on my loaded Platinum PB with a mix of city / highway that has less than 1000 miles on it.

Try turning on the EV coach in My View to see how your driving style affects the MPG.

OP
OP
HulkBoost

HulkBoost

First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Sales
it pops as soon as you open the door, and i figured i was going to lose out on mpg due to the wheels and tires set up so i wanted to see what everyone is getting! I have the eco behavior on the 12' screen and ill try the coach to see if i can get the mpg up im all in town driving

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
No popping at all.

My PowerBoost is completely stock and I generally get 21-22 MPG, with a light foot. I live in hilly CA, and our gas has ethanol. With your set-up, 15-16 MPG is about what I'd expect. You may be able to get another 1-2 MPG with gentle driving.

Sponsored

Chaser888

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 3.5 SuperCrew
I have a single loud popping noise that sounds when you first open the door and the truck is remote started. I also have a ticking noise from the right front tweeter that happens intermittently. The only way I can get the ticking noises (sounds like the tuning of a home stereo) is by pulling the negative terminal off the battery. Been to the dealership half dozen times with no solution yet. Any suggestions would be great! All my fuses are seated properly.

suryc

First Name
cyrus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 XLT, 2018 F150 Lariat, 2021 F150 Lariat
Which system do you have/ Base, B&O or Unleashed. I’m assuming B&O on a 501 Mid- Lariat. Might have the dealer check or better yet replace your Amp. As i understand it all of your warning chimes etc go through the sound system. So the pop may be a fault in the amp when you open the door and it powers up. Just a suggestion to explore.

Chaser888

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 3.5 SuperCrew
I have the B&O Unleashed system. I'll mention the amp to the dealership. Any other thoughts? Thanks!

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
So I have a 2021 Powerboost I've 34" tires with 20" fuels and ofcourse I have to level it! I love the truck but im averging like 15.5 mpg?! Also it's been a bit of a headache fordpass and android auto don't work and every time I open the door I can hear a pop coming from the speakers and same once you start up the truck!! I've already taken it to my service department and they did the Field action service 21b33 but it did nothing still can't use fordpass and the popping is still there... anyone else have this issue? And curious on what everyone is getting on their mpgs with similar setup?

20210626_154436.jpg
Hi there, HulkBoost. I can look into this popping issue regarding your F-150 on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info?

Sponsored

Scott95

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
Mine did it today for the first time. A loud POP from the passenger side speakers - so loud it made me jump. Then my Apple CarPlay audio wouldn’t work. It acted like it was playing but no sound. Thought something had blown. Finally tried switching to FM and back to CarPlay and it’s been normal since. Interested to know what you all find out.

Paul Neubauer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
I get a pop from the speakers when I first open the door and the screen lights up and there is also an alternator whine all the time through the speakers since it was new. I want to get it fixed but Ford is a piss poor company when it comes to taking care of existing customers who paid an insane amount of money for problematic trucks. We can drop off our trucks for an indefinite time period and just walk to work since they won't give you a service loaner. This will be my last Ford product purchased!

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Mine did it today for the first time. A loud POP from the passenger side speakers - so loud it made me jump. Then my Apple CarPlay audio wouldn’t work. It acted like it was playing but no sound. Thought something had blown. Finally tried switching to FM and back to CarPlay and it’s been normal since. Interested to know what you all find out.
Good morning, Scott! Could you please send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information? I would like to look into these speaker popping noise concerns for you on my end. Thanks!

chayce

First Name
Chayce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Powerboost
My Powerboost just did this yesterday. As soon as I opened the door and sat in the seat the passenger speaker popped so loud I thought the speakers blew. Wondering if this is going to be an ongoing issue since I’ve only had the truck for two weeks. Also seems like there is a rattling noise coming from the sliding rear window area when the speakers are turned up. Anyone experiencing this as well? Please let me know if there is a fix for the popping noise.

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
My Powerboost just did this yesterday. As soon as I opened the door and sat in the seat the passenger speaker popped so loud I thought the speakers blew. Wondering if this is going to be an ongoing issue since I’ve only had the truck for two weeks. Also seems like there is a rattling noise coming from the sliding rear window area when the speakers are turned up. Anyone experiencing this as well? Please let me know if there is a fix for the popping noise.
There are quite a few of us on here that have experienced this. Some non-Powerboost. Seems that the B&O unleashed is the common denominator.

FYI, don’t expect much from Ford Motor on here. Took my information, never heard from them again.
Sponsored