Sponsored

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
Yes, shouldn't have any issue with it overheating.
Sponsored

OP
OP
LostBoy

LostBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White F150 XLT 5.0
Can you do this type of setup with a 6 speaker setup? I don't have a cool glove box cover, just a big cubby hole, but there seems to be a bunch of room under the seats or behind the rear seat.
I dont see why you couldn't. What year/trim truck do you have? Maybe yours is different than mine and offers more space behind the radio? I have an XLT with the 12" screen and the space was minimal. If i were to do it all again i would ask Bruce to configure my harness for the rear of the truck, then i would just run power and ground and tweeter wire to the front of the vehicle. Running wire isn't the most ideal, but i'd prefer to have the room to actually work and mount things behind or under the seat.

OP
OP
LostBoy

LostBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
What was your total price for everything you put in?
Kicker Key Amp: $275
Morel 6.5" 2-way component: $280
Morel 6.5" coaxial rear: $180
Hush Audio Harness: $195
KnuKonceptz Wiring: $26
Install Bay Silicone Baffles: $50 (all 4)

right around $1050 with tax.

Sponsored

EcoB259

First Name
GB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 XLT S Crew
Occupation
Retired
I also went through Bruce and he is available almost anytime if you have any trouble during install.
I did Murell speakers with the Rockford Fosgate built in amp, I mounted everything on a board and put it under the rear seat.
The RF sub wont pound your doors but its all I wanted for good listening to my music.
Ford F-150 Kicker Amp / Morel Speakers Audio Upgrade f150 am

Kansas83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor
I’ve got the kicker key amp bi-amped to focal flax components. It sounds really freaking good. Very clean. It’s paired with a cheap pioneer in box sub under the seat to round out the low end. No rear speakers. High key recommend the key amps.

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
Gosh, I can't find a key 200.4 any where!

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
I dont see why you couldn't. What year/trim truck do you have? Maybe yours is different than mine and offers more space behind the radio? I have an XLT with the 12" screen and the space was minimal. If i were to do it all again i would ask Bruce to configure my harness for the rear of the truck, then i would just run power and ground and tweeter wire to the front of the vehicle. Running wire isn't the most ideal, but i'd prefer to have the room to actually work and mount things behind or under the seat.
I have a 2022 STX CC with the 8"(?) screen.

Sorry, who is "Bruce"?

If I install the amp behind the rear seat, I need to get signal back there and then to the door speakers. Is there some kind of harness that I plug in the back of factory HU back to the amp then back up to the HU to connect to the factory speaking wiring?

Thanks!

OP
OP
LostBoy

LostBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have a 2022 STX CC with the 8"(?) screen.

Sorry, who is "Bruce"?

If I install the amp behind the rear seat, I need to get signal back there and then to the door speakers. Is there some kind of harness that I plug in the back of factory HU back to the amp then back up to the HU to connect to the factory speaking wiring?

Thanks!
Bruce is the owner of Hush Car Audio. He is a forum sponsor on some of the other forums and has done alot of business with the f150 guys. He seemed to have a tried and true system for these trucks, so i gave him a call and we talked about what i wanted out of the system.

There is a pre-made harness that is plug and play. Bruce custom taylors the harness to whatever configuration you would like, then he ships it to you and you just plug it all in, super simple. You may need to run your power and ground wires, but that should be all.

Sponsored

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
@LostBoy You wouldn't happen to have a source for a Kicker Key 200.4 would you?

OP
OP
LostBoy

LostBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@LostBoy You wouldn't happen to have a source for a Kicker Key 200.4 would you?
Yes Sir. I ordered everything from Bruce, including the kicker key. I see they're sold out most places but Bruce had some as of 2-3 weeks ago. I hear the guy from "plugandplay" harnesses has them too, not sure. I think his name is "Joe"? maybe.

Bruce's email address is [email protected]

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
Thank you @LostBoy I sent him an email.

I'd just like a little more humph from the factory setup, cleaner sound, maybe add a small behind the rear seat sub eventually.

Thanks again!

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
Yes, the KEY amps are hard to find...chips. We should have about 3000 amps come in Q2.
Some dealers have them, Bruce was one. Not sure if Soundsgood does or not left.

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
Thank you. If I have a non-amplified head unit, does the Kicker Key help me with it's DSP? That 40 band eq seems like it would.

I use ForSCAN so I will flatten out the EQ anyway, but still...
Sponsored