Sponsored

Anyone else experiencing a pop noise from their speakers? Powerboost?

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Did Anyone find out what the Problem is?
I have a popping sound coming from all the speakers when the Ignition is off. I'm so fed up with this truck . did anyone bring it to the dealership to see what the problem is and is it able to be fixed? I have no time to go to the dealership
I have a 2022 f150 powerboost Lariat with the Unleashed system if that helps
Hey there. I can look into your F-150’s noise concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?
Sponsored

Renegade21

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Limited Powerboost
Occupation
Technology Director
Curious if anyone has any insight to the solution for the clicking noise coming from passenger side tweeter speaker. This just started on my 2021 Limited today and it is quite annoying. I checked all the fuses and everything was seated securely. I'm also running with the latest software updates.

Sd1719

First Name
Sabrina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, ford edge
Same here! Every time we open the door to get in!
Have you been able to get it fixed yet?

I have a single loud popping noise that sounds when you first open the door and the truck is remote started. I also have a ticking noise from the right front tweeter that happens intermittently. The only way I can get the ticking noises (sounds like the tuning of a home stereo) is by pulling the negative terminal off the battery. Been to the dealership half dozen times with no solution yet. Any suggestions would be great! All my fuses are seated properly.

cool rod

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum, 2013 Mustang
I've got that pop noise too. It's very intermittent, it can go weeks without doing it, and I think it just comes out of the drivers door speaker. I have a '21 Powerboost with the B&O Unleashed setup and it seems that might be the common denominator. Not worth taking to the dealer, I'm just adding my experience to this thread.

Renegade21

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Limited Powerboost
Occupation
Technology Director
So this happened to my 21' Limited this past week. The sound of a ticking clock was coming from the passenger side tweeter. I took to dealer, they found and cleared an error code and it worked until I got home, but unfortunately came back. So I took back to dealer and they removed the passenger side apillar, where they inspected the wires and found they had been squished in between the apillar and trim that caused the wires to rub and cause the issue. They cut out the damaged area and rerouted the wires and it fixed the problem. Thankful for Billy Howell Ford for fixing the issue quickly.

Sponsored

NzCanuck

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
Occupation
Retired
Hi there, HulkBoost. I can look into this popping issue regarding your F-150 on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info?
Hey @Ford, I’m from Canada, any way you can assist me too. Ford Canada probably will never get this on Their radar. Thanks

rtf150

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Agate Black 501A FX4 Powerboost
Had anyone on here tried the manual APIM reset?

Press and hold the power and next track button until the screen goes black?

I had a couple crackle and pops. Did the reset and all good so far. 🤞 don’t waste your time with the Ford Bot. Fake and no help. Only jump in from time to time to act like they can and will do something.

BoostIt

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT Powerboost FX4
Bump on this. I've got a 2021 Powerboost XLT with the 7-speaker setup. This last January I had the Key 200.4 and Kicker HS10 sub installed(I'd previously replaced the four door speakers and center dash 3.5" on my own) at a local Car Toys.

Everything sounds a lot better(not audiophile great, but for the money...and in a truck!), but once the truck is turned off, every so often(about every 20-30 seconds) there is a 'pop' from the sound system. Most noticeable from the rear. It almost seems to be related when the truck is off, and has noticed I'm nearby, so it's activating itself. It's kind of annoying for anyone in the car while I'm filling the gas tank, etc., Also, I imagine it isn't good as I walk by it a lot without getting in(garbage cans, mail, walking by it), as the hardware maybe, just maybe, isn't supposed to do this 'blow-out sound'.
I'm thinking it just may be grounded someplace it shouldn't be. Any thoughts are highly appreciated, and the Car Toys guys say they'll change it at no cost...but I'd like to know what to tell them to do, so they aren't guess and checking, and I'm back there again.

Thanks in advance! :cool:
Sponsored