Sponsored

Anyone else experiencing a pop noise from their speakers? Powerboost?

SJLCJL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 FX4, 2017 Mustang GT Premium
Mine does this as well.. B&O Unleashed.....
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
On these trucks what I suggest could be a daunting task for a technician or yourself, but on the surface it sure sounds like a potential ground or short situation.
The amp and APIM (and any other component that participates in the speaker/audio system) are going to amplify ANY "signal" they receive, regardless of the source.
Or put another way, it doesn't mean the amp or APIM are faulty but rather there's a bad ground somewhere or a short in some harness.

Like I said, daunting since these trucks are an astounding array of such components.

amatofilms

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum Powerboost
I get a pop from the speakers when I first open the door and the screen lights up and there is also an alternator whine all the time through the speakers since it was new. I want to get it fixed but Ford is a piss poor company when it comes to taking care of existing customers who paid an insane amount of money for problematic trucks. We can drop off our trucks for an indefinite time period and just walk to work since they won't give you a service loaner. This will be my last Ford product purchased!
Have you had any luck with the alternator whine? I have the same issue and it's driving me insane.

Paul Neubauer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Have you had any luck with the alternator whine? I have the same issue and it's driving me insane.
I pulled the cables off my battery and fully charged it before doing all the updates using FDRS and after that I noticed it was gone. I did reset something after charging that had to do with the battery system in FDRS but can't remember what it was called. The software told me to do it after it sensed low voltage during an update.

psambrose

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 2018 Mustang GT 2017 Lincoln MKZ
I have a single loud popping noise that sounds when you first open the door and the truck is remote started. I also have a ticking noise from the right front tweeter that happens intermittently. The only way I can get the ticking noises (sounds like the tuning of a home stereo) is by pulling the negative terminal off the battery. Been to the dealership half dozen times with no solution yet. Any suggestions would be great! All my fuses are seated properly.
I am wondering if you ever found a resolution to your issue? My 2021 Platinum has starting doing exactly as you described. Driving over bumps in the road seems to aggravate the problem.

Sponsored

Azben

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012, 2022:f150
Wasn't sure which thread to respond to. I don't have a PB but have a 1 month old 22 with Unleashed. Started truck tonight and the pop from the speaker above me was shocking. Was on CarPlay, switching source stopped the sound but then had no volume. Restarted truck and then reset sync but still volume stuck on zero.

Drove to dinner and after an hour or so of sitting volume worked but intermittent sound interruptions on the drive home.

As usual some research on this site had several threads indicating to pull fuse 28. Took it for a quick drive after and all is working fine for now.

Hope a fix is found soon as the speaker will surely blow if this happens a few more times.

As a note all of the fuses in my passenger compartment were seated correctly. 90% of the underhood fuses were not seated properly.

FranksTowing

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 PowerBoost Limited 2022
Good morning, Scott! Could you please send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information? I would like to look into these speaker popping noise concerns for you on my end. Thanks!
Hi. I have a 2021 Powerboost Limited that has been back for service 10+ times in the first 60 days of ownership. Single driver, using the same FOB all of the time
Let me list the issues I am having (one of them is the crackling speakers)
- poor MPG 14-18
-Low 12V warning on after not driving for a day or 2
- Vehicle will not move after pushing the gas sometimes - from a stop light sometimes i have to double/triple pump the gas pedal to make it move. Yes the engine is running when this happens.
- the lumbar in the drivers seat randomly changes while driving
- the presets for radio are gone when i get in the truck a few times a week
-The favorites/saved in nav are deleted a few times each week
- After a 30+ minute drive, shut off the vehicle, put the keys in the house, the truck will start making a clunk noise from under the hood which happens every 30 seconds to 10 minutes all day/night. it sounds like someone is unlocking and locking the doors. - I have videos of this
- sometimes when you start the truck a loud bang/pop comes from the speakers followed by a high pitch noise then the speakers all crackle loud even with the vehicle off and doors open for around 30 minutes. The radio is off and this still happens. - it sounds like wood popping and crackling when its burning. - i have videos of this with the vehicle on and off

The dealer says nothing is wrong. There are no error codes on the vehicle. The dealer has put over 200 miles on the vehicle testing it and it does not produce errors. I have video of these things happening and I have been to the dealer when this is happening but they will do nothing except test drive it. Since no error codes are produced Ford is telling me the vehicle is fine.
Help. I am stuck.
Do I try to enact the lemon law? How do I get ford to support me?
Purchased Dec 2021 -sat in the service department more days in Jan 2022 than in my driveway

Dealer Koons Ford Woodbridge Virginia

FranksTowing

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wasn't sure which thread to respond to. I don't have a PB but have a 1 month old 22 with Unleashed. Started truck tonight and the pop from the speaker above me was shocking. Was on CarPlay, switching source stopped the sound but then had no volume. Restarted truck and then reset sync but still volume stuck on zero.

Drove to dinner and after an hour or so of sitting volume worked but intermittent sound interruptions on the drive home.

As usual some research on this site had several threads indicating to pull fuse 28. Took it for a quick drive after and all is working fine for now.

Hope a fix is found soon as the speaker will surely blow if this happens a few more times.

As a note all of the fuses in my passenger compartment were seated correctly. 90% of the underhood fuses were not seated properly.
Mine has had the loud pop in the speakers a few times. The speakers crackle like a camp fire for 30 to 40 mins with and without power afterwards.Long enough that I was able to drive to the dealer and let them listen to it while it was still happening with and without power and with and without doors opened!
I have tried lots of internet remedies but nothing seems to fix the constant electrical issues plaguing this truck.
I am concerned that this pop and crackle issue has damaged the speakers or amp because I have to turn the volume up a lot higher than normal for the sound to be at an acceptable level now.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'd have to guess that your truck is way behind on updates and you couldn't possibly troubleshoot your issues until you first applied all the patches (updates) that Ford has available for your truck.

Problem is your dealership already has taken the stance that if the truck doesn't throw codes, then there's nothing wrong.

Lousy scenario I know.

FranksTowing

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'd have to guess that your truck is way behind on updates and you couldn't possibly troubleshoot your issues until you first applied all the patches (updates) that Ford has available for your truck.

Problem is your dealership already has taken the stance that if the truck doesn't throw codes, then there's nothing wrong.

Lousy scenario I know.
How can i make sure i am at the latest update???

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You would have someone run your VIN against Ford's FDRS software. It will show all the modules and all the updates that those modules need.

Many of the 2021 F150's are far behind because the OTA (Over The Air) solution that Ford built to update the trucks automatically has been a big fail so far.

If you message me your VIN I could check how far behind your truck is. But it wouldn't be until I get home later today.

sebryce

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looking at the 2021 F-150 to replace a Ram 1500
Occupation
business owner
Hi. I have a 2021 Powerboost Limited that has been back for service 10+ times in the first 60 days of ownership. Single driver, using the same FOB all of the time
Let me list the issues I am having (one of them is the crackling speakers)
- poor MPG 14-18
-Low 12V warning on after not driving for a day or 2
- Vehicle will not move after pushing the gas sometimes - from a stop light sometimes i have to double/triple pump the gas pedal to make it move. Yes the engine is running when this happens.
- the lumbar in the drivers seat randomly changes while driving
- the presets for radio are gone when i get in the truck a few times a week
-The favorites/saved in nav are deleted a few times each week
- After a 30+ minute drive, shut off the vehicle, put the keys in the house, the truck will start making a clunk noise from under the hood which happens every 30 seconds to 10 minutes all day/night. it sounds like someone is unlocking and locking the doors. - I have videos of this
- sometimes when you start the truck a loud bang/pop comes from the speakers followed by a high pitch noise then the speakers all crackle loud even with the vehicle off and doors open for around 30 minutes. The radio is off and this still happens. - it sounds like wood popping and crackling when its burning. - i have videos of this with the vehicle on and off

The dealer says nothing is wrong. There are no error codes on the vehicle. The dealer has put over 200 miles on the vehicle testing it and it does not produce errors. I have video of these things happening and I have been to the dealer when this is happening but they will do nothing except test drive it. Since no error codes are produced Ford is telling me the vehicle is fine.
Help. I am stuck.
Do I try to enact the lemon law? How do I get ford to support me?
Purchased Dec 2021 -sat in the service department more days in Jan 2022 than in my driveway

Dealer Koons Ford Woodbridge Virginia
I was backing up today and heard a couple of loud booms and thought I had hit something. Then some loud popping from the rear door speakers. Scared the heck out of me. Now the popping from the rear speakers are non-stop. Had to turn the radio off. This stinks!!!!!

Ebyaustin

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
There are quite a few of us on here that have experienced this. Some non-Powerboost. Seems that the B&O unleashed is the common denominator.

FYI, don’t expect much from Ford Motor on here. Took my information, never heard from them again.

Mine is doing the same thing! Loud pop sound, then this AWFUL static afterwards. I will shut the vehicle off and open the door. But the issue will last for a few minutes.

Last edited:

lcrain

First Name
Lawson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150, '95 911 c2, '97 miata, '98 M3/4/5
Bumping this thread. My 2021 platinum ecoboost (no power boost) has been exhibiting some concerning traits, similar to those described in this thread.

1. The crackling in the headrest started first, maybe a month ago. Was livable at first as it only last about 15 seconds. It keeps getting worse and is near constant for 5-7 minutes then returning intermittently.

2. I then started to get a loud pop when opening the drivers side door after the truck was remote started. Hard to tell where or which speaker it is coming from.

3. A few times, with the auto start stop function active, the truck has shut down at a stop light completely. Not just the engine, the entire car.

I would say the truck has been more or less trouble free until the last month or two with the above issues. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. I am about two years into this truck and I really do like it. Has anyone had better luck with their dealership? I have about 10 months left on my bumper to bumper.

HANCOCK

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 powerboost
Did Anyone find out what the Problem is?
I have a popping sound coming from all the speakers when the Ignition is off. I'm so fed up with this truck . did anyone bring it to the dealership to see what the problem is and is it able to be fixed? I have no time to go to the dealership
I have a 2022 f150 powerboost Lariat with the Unleashed system if that helps
Sponsored