Sponsored

Dealer seeks to keep my order

SRHAGEN

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 XL SPRCAB Sport 4x4 V8 3.73 36 gl tank.
Occupation
DOD USAF test track ARMY RETIRED PMEL/TMDE
So I ordered a new F150 and they didn’t put vinyl flooring on it. I was ok with it and went On. I had no idea they placed a new order for a flooring change. Found out today when I told them I had a window sticker. WOW
Now they say they ordered me a new truck with correct flooring. The one they ordered with carpet is due to be delivered and the one with vinyl is on hold. They are trying to keep it to sell.
Sponsored

flatag

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT FX4
I bet they got a higher price from someone else

Bluesman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Factory Five MK IV Roadster, 2022 F150 Platty
Dealers have to be careful about messing with the rules of Ford's COVP and they can jeopardize their allocations.

WRS

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Aviation
Are you buying both trucks? If the dealer re-ordered you the truck you wanted after the flooring mistake was noticed why wouldn't they get to sell the other one?

OP
OP
SRHAGEN

SRHAGEN

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I didn’t know they ordered another one. They sent me the order sheet for the first one a mmonth ago. I hadn’t heard anything about a second order till today. I had accepted the one with carpet as a error I could live with. I guess the point is that the second truck is not in production yet and when I inquired about the truck they had said was my order Today I was told oh that’s not ur truck anymore. We ordered u a different one.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SRHAGEN

SRHAGEN

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I have been getting emails from ford about the first truck since I ordered it. I have never gotten any info from ford about a second truck to date. Only a print out from the dealer today, showing a different vin. and then saying they ordered a second truck.

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Easy fix, if you ordered and signed the buyers order, what flooring was on that build? It will be an option code. If you look up your Vin and look at the window sticker, your order number is on there. The Green window sticker is Customer Order, the Blue is dealer inventory but many are selling their incoming inventory (well not actually a sale yet) to buyers who are shown the incoming vehicle and putting a deposit on it. So look at the Maroney and see what you find. Their are dealers who are trying to game the system. Short sighted in their part as allocation is effected by customers orders not in fact sold to the name on the order.

OP
OP
SRHAGEN

SRHAGEN

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Thanks. I do have the original order doc and order number. It’s with carpet. I do have the green ws. Where is my order number? I don’t know what maroney is ? Can u give me a little more guidance.

OP
OP
SRHAGEN

SRHAGEN

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sir ur correct. I thank you for the insight. it is,
my order L004 on the green WS
47-L004 O/T X. So do u think can I stand on that at the dealer? Will FOMOCO back me up?
I ordered a very specific truck with features needed on the farm. I been runaround the tree with this dealer On a Ranger I reserved and waited 4 months fore n couldn’t buy due to safety recall. then I just bite the bull it and order a F150 and when it’s about delivered they want to keep it.
argh gonna get my 82nd Airborne PTSD goin.

Last edited:

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
If you signed for the first order it is yours. It doesnt matter what the dealer ordered that you didnt sign.

I would tell dealer you will be picking up truck you signed for. If he gives you trouble, tell them you will be showing up with a lawyer and will be informing Ford that they sold a truck out from under a signed contract.

OP
OP
SRHAGEN

SRHAGEN

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Thanks for the push,
That’s the conversation I had today After I was told about a different order. I did tell them I wasn’t aware of any second order And I’ll be there for the original order.
I just got the we’ll see Response from them. we will I guess.
I hate being an axxxole but greed is here to stay.
Sponsored