Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
Yes. It was 02-06-21, 02-16-21,02-21-21, disappeared, then 02-23-21
I think it’s mostly the date you pulled the window sticker, or essentially the “window sticker creation date”.
Sponsored

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
I ordered my truck in November and it finally arrived on Thursday (Feb 11th). My dealer called and let me know that it had to go through inspection. Friday he called and said it had an error code and was waiting from Ford for info and that I probably couldn't get it until today(monday feb 15th). He called this morning and said that my truck was sold to someone else. "Apparently" they fixed the truck on Saturday and brought it out front, where another dealer sold it on spot(he had saturday off). So, I need to order this truck again and wait another 2 months, or 1 month if they can rush it. What can I do? I have a buddy that gave me Ford Corporate's # to call and file a complaint, but is that the right direction? I did put a $500 deposit down when I ordered it.
Any update??

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I checked with my dealer this morning and the build date is March 22 and he gave me the VIN.
Good luck man! Did you get the spray liner? One truck shipped from DRB to san jose is 16 days and counting, so remember that once it is shipped. It sucks so badly that you have to wait again and they are not comping you a loaner or taking any losses from this.

Sponsored

spiritrider1

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 PB XLT Sport 4x4, 20 Mustang GT Conv.
Occupation
Aircraft Tech & Maintenance planner
Holy crap! I just ran across this thread as I was about to announce I got confirmation that mine is built. ? I never got notification of a VIN. When I saw the blue window sticker I saw it's a dealer order for stock even though I put a deposit down. They said to "improve" delivery date. Hmmm. Maybe, but now I'm at their mercy in case someone shows up with a wad of cash! Oh hell, I'm gonna be biting my nails till that thing rolls away with my butt in the seat!?
Anyway, 1ea Oxford XLT Sport 4x4 Powerboost just waiting for a ride home! Come to daddy!

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
I checked with my dealer this morning and the build date is March 22 and he gave me the VIN.
Good to hear, I hope they put a 1 or 2 priority on it. Hope you don't get caught in the micro chip shortage either.

Good luck!

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Holy crap! I just ran across this thread as I was about to announce I got confirmation that mine is built. ? I never got notification of a VIN. When I saw the blue window sticker I saw it's a dealer order for stock even though I put a deposit down. They said to "improve" delivery date. Hmmm. Maybe, but now I'm at their mercy in case someone shows up with a wad of cash! Oh hell, I'm gonna be biting my nails till that thing rolls away with my butt in the seat!?
Anyway, 1ea Oxford XLT Sport 4x4 Powerboost just waiting for a ride home! Come to daddy!
If you put down a deposit, you have a pretty good case for that being your truck. Get regular updates from your dealer and try to nail down exactly when it will arrive. Ask for the VIN, that way you can confirm it is your truck when it arrives (and use the virtually useless Ford tracking system).

My take on what happened (doesn't make it true). Dealer took your order, but did not have any available allocation in that month. They were able to alter an existing order they had on the books with Ford to match your specs. Retail orders are built first, but if they can't place your order until the following month, than it makes perfect sense that they would tell you that the stock truck would arrive first, as it was likely already on order. They may have done you a huge favor, only time will tell. Pulling for you!

Dan

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Construction
Make sure you keep a copy of the email from the dealer with the VIN number. That shows that truck was the one the dealer committed to sell you. I would think that the email and the paperwork you received when you ordered, given you made a deposit, would be enough to show you had a contract for that specific truck.
Of course would need to read the fine print to see if there is something that let's the dealer substitute an equilivant truck.
My dealer wouldn't let anyone even unlock the doors on my order. It was the first pb hybrid at dealer and they kept it away from prying hands. Ontario Canada.

Dan

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Construction
I think They saw a chance to make more money and took it.

im curious as to their reaction. Honorable people/dealers make mistakes but they go above and beyond to try to make things right. if It truly was a “mistake” they’d be doing everything in their power to get you a truck ASAP.
Green sticker is special order, blue sticker dealer sale. I would contact ford direct and take your dealer to court or make them pay for all upgrades over reg truck price.

spiritrider1

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 PB XLT Sport 4x4, 20 Mustang GT Conv.
Occupation
Aircraft Tech & Maintenance planner
I GOT MY TRUCK!! I Love it!:love: Last week, dealer told me it was in a rail yard in AR. Probably arrive Mesquite TX (SE Dallas) around 4/8/21. But then 3/17 got a text that it was already in Dallas! He said give it a few more days for the Union workers to move it around and put it on a truck to the dealership about another 40 miles up the road. Well, By Thursday the dealer is calling me to come pick it up! I couldn't believe how fast it happened after the build was done!
I asked them to tint the front two windows since I never did get my 2018 done in the 2 years I had it LOL... So, as of Thursday night I am now a proud owner of a 2021 Power Boost XLT Sport 4x4 in Oxford White!
I've already installed my phone mount (works better than in the 2018), my old rubberized floor mats from the 2018 fit PERFECTLY! So in case you are wondering, the interior layout on the XLT Super Crew matches the 2018 Super Crew STX.
I also transferred over my bed extender (home built) but I had to tap the aluminum tubes midway up the tailgate frame to accommodate my home-made bolts. I found this old extender in a renovation home. It wasn't designed for an F-150 but rebuilt it to make it work.
Also installed my Bull-Ring tie downs. I know there's a hole location at the front of the bed which I had installed the same on my 2018 but I need to buy a couple more since I didn't want to pull them out of the trade in and leave a big hole! I posted pictures of the ones I installed on my 2018. That's my next mod on the 2021 along with having Line-X sprayed in...
Sorry for all the pictures and long-winded excitement. I'm super stoked!

Ford F-150 Dealer sold my custom order truck!! File_004_LI

Ford F-150 Dealer sold my custom order truck!! File_005

Ford F-150 Dealer sold my custom order truck!! File_006

Ford F-150 Dealer sold my custom order truck!! File_007

Ford F-150 Dealer sold my custom order truck!! File_000

Ford F-150 Dealer sold my custom order truck!! File_001

Ford F-150 Dealer sold my custom order truck!! File_002

Ford F-150 Dealer sold my custom order truck!! File_003

Ford F-150 Dealer sold my custom order truck!! File_004

Ford F-150 Dealer sold my custom order truck!! File_005

Ford F-150 Dealer sold my custom order truck!! File_000

Ford F-150 Dealer sold my custom order truck!! File_001