Sponsored

Dealer sold my custom order truck!!

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
Good points Bob. The old saying - get mad but get over it. He has the upper hand, they also know & worried about the survey that will be complete. Use it all to the buyer's advantage.
I would also try working a year of oil changes free after the break-in change.
Sponsored

teddy57

First Name
Teddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordering an F150
I would suggest looking up dealer ratings on dealer rater.com, they have a lot of reviews, current and years past.
The numerical ratings do not mean much but scanning the reviews tells a lot.
The dealer I quit using had serious scam complaints every 3 or 4 reviews, confirming my own experience. The dealer I ordered my truck from had very minor gripes like quick-lane being too slow!
Seems like this isn't their first rodeo....if it is Watsonville Ford Lincoln...

"Beware of SNAKES!
This dealership is unethical. We reached a written agreement on a vehicle with the salesperson and were waiting on the dealership "to finalize everything", when we were suddenly informed that they had sold the vehicle to someone willing to pay more. When I called to discuss the situation, the sales manager, Charlie Smith, was arrogant and disrespectful.
DO NOT use this dealership!"

rathbunr5

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 STX//2023 Ford Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Sales Manager at Torrington Ford
THIS IS RIDICULOUS. IT SAYS SPECIAL ORDER RIGHT ON THE WINDOW STICKER!!!!!!!!!!!

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Good points Bob. The old saying - get mad but get over it. He has the upper hand, they also know & worried about the survey that will be complete. Use it all to the buyer's advantage.
I would also try working a year of oil changes free after the break-in change.
If you have Ford Pass app on your phone and buy a truck you get 42,000 pts. This will pay for about 4 oil changes or you can purchase parts and accessories with it.

Don't know if you get the points by adding Ford Pass awhile after you have purchased the truck. Worth checking into.

Best thing is to just start an account before you truck arrives.

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Absolutely Bob, thanks for the reminder. I have 3K+sitting in my account - off of my 2016 Plat. It's still there.

Sponsored

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR SQ 4X4 PB
Occupation
Retired Army
42000 points is worth $210 and can be used for service and parts but you have to keep in mind that the points expire after 1 year. Good idea to use on filters, wipers, oil change, etc.
You’ll also get points every time you pay for service or parts.

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Dan, my didn't expire - I have points sitting in my account from early 2019 - still there & stilll good on Ford Pass. Only 3K+

mrtrav

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport
42000 points is worth $210 and can be used for service and parts but you have to keep in mind that the points expire after 1 year. Good idea to use on filters, wipers, oil change, etc.
You’ll also get points every time you pay for service or parts.
How quickly can you use these points after the purchase? I have about $600 in parts sitting at the dealer waiting for the truck to be delivered. Would be great if I could just roll that over and pay down some of those upgrades.

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR SQ 4X4 PB
Occupation
Retired Army
Dan, my didn't expire - I have points sitting in my account from early 2019 - still there & stilll good on Ford Pass. I have only 3K+
Ford extended the expiration of the points during COVID and those points will expire 31 March. I still have $105 I have to use before then.

Reeltime

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2018 Murano
Occupation
IT Consultant
If you have Ford Pass app on your phone and buy a truck you get 42,000 pts. This will pay for about 4 oil changes or you can purchase parts and accessories with it.

Don't know if you get the points by adding Ford Pass awhile after you have purchased the truck. Worth checking into.

Best thing is to just start an account before you truck arrives.
Bob, This is my first ford in a long while. I have the ford pass app on my phone. Do you know what i would need to do to get the points? I should get my truck in about 1 week.

I already have an account. Is that all I need to do?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Perfect - I'll used them up soon as I get truck - pay for it & buy some goddies with it.

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR SQ 4X4 PB
Occupation
Retired Army
How quickly can you use these points after the purchase? I have about $600 in parts sitting at the dealer waiting for the truck to be delivered. Would be great if I could just roll that over and pay down some of those upgrades.
After you open a Ford Pass account it might take about 30 days for the points to show up. You then have a year to use them. During the start of COVID they extended the time to 31 March 2021. I had points from 2019 that were extended but time is running out so I’ll probably buy filters and wiper blades.

Whtmale49

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Courier
I ordered my truck in November and it finally arrived on Thursday (Feb 11th). My dealer called and let me know that it had to go through inspection. Friday he called and said it had an error code and was waiting from Ford for info and that I probably couldn't get it until today(monday feb 15th). He called this morning and said that my truck was sold to someone else. "Apparently" they fixed the truck on Saturday and brought it out front, where another dealer sold it on spot(he had saturday off). So, I need to order this truck again and wait another 2 months, or 1 month if they can rush it. What can I do? I have a buddy that gave me Ford Corporate's # to call and file a complaint, but is that the right direction? I did put a $500 deposit down when I ordered it.
What dealership was it? That is insane!!!!!!

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Bob, This is my first ford in a long while. I have the ford pass app on my phone. Do you know what i would need to do to get the points? I should get my truck in about 1 week.

I already have an account. Is that all I need to do?
My points just showed up on the Ford Pass one day.
I did nothing at all except download the app and enter the vin

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
My 42K points showed up 4 days after purchase. YMMV.
Sponsored