Deleted
Sponsored

Last edited:

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
That's real time in the sense that it's the MPG since you last reset the meter. It's not instant but cumulative. Press and hold the ok button to reset it on the fly.

The lift and wheels/tires will have a big impact on mpg.

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 Powerboost 7.2kw
Occupation
Studio truck driver
Yeah you’re kinda on the low end. I see your miles to empty is really low for being over half a tank. When my gauge is about where yours is I’d usually have around 380ish left.

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 Powerboost 7.2kw
Occupation
Studio truck driver
Yeah. Hard to say. I’m all stock. No lift etc. but they design these trucks very carefully for the highest mpg so theoretically if you took it back to stock I bet you’d see a meaningful increase but who knows 🤷‍♂️

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
I’d say it’s the heavier tires. I got 2-5 mpg higher mileage on stock Hankooks than my 295/60/20 Nitto RG. I really notice it on short trips. There’s a significant cost getting those heavy tires rolling. Once you’re at speed, the difference is reduced.

Over the last 3500 miles with the Nittos I’m averaging about 20mpg.

Sponsored

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
From what I have seen, 16-18 mpg in light to light city traffic is pretty normal. Especially if not too far between lights/stop signs. That's what mine gets in that environment. Takes a bit of gas to get 5800 pounds up and going. Usually jumps up to 22-23 if I catch all the lights or once I get a decent stretch of no stops at 35-45 mph.

notabot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
I can get approx 23 mpg if I super-granny it around town. (box-stock 21 PB Crewcab LB) Haven't seen this mentioned, but raising the truck adds drag which also costs you MPG.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
I can get approx 23 mpg if I super-granny it around town. (box-stock 21 PB Crewcab LB) Haven't seen this mentioned, but raising the truck adds drag which also costs you MPG.
I did a 2.5" front level and the mpg loss was negligible. Still can easily his 23-24 in the city in the right conditions and 28+ on the freeway at 65 mph..

Chili

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
It's not only the weight of the tires but the design is one that has much more friction/drag than stock. They kill your mileage.

Tosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Re-Tired Bicycle Mechanic

But also wondering if the cold temps here are having a decent impact.

Appreciate all the feedback everyone!
Yes the cold has a negative impact on MPG. In September I was able to leave my driveway and run on electric for about 3/4 mile before the ICE started up. Now it's too cold to run on electric for at least 15 minutes. MPG's for a 3 mile round trip went from 23 down to 20 (and my tires lost about 3PSI - remember to pump them up!).

My truck is 100% stock.

Also that MPG bar graph is just an estimate. Not pinpoint accurate.

Sponsored

Calson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
The only ways to get significantly more miles per gallon is with a small diesel engine or a smaller pickup, like the Maverick.

I get 16.5 mpg overall with my truck but 99 mpg with our Rav4 hybrid plugin. With the gas gouging by the big oil companies and 87 octane gas at $7 as the pumps I have avoided driving my 2022 F-150 that I bought in May. It has less than 1200 miles on the odometer at this time.

22redrocket

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Sport Powerboost 2020 Audi SQ7
OP, i monitor the mpg bar very closely and know exactly what you are talking about. Seems the others are confused. Tires will play no part in mpg when you are coasting. My conclusion is essentially two parts, when on the throttle it seems that it really likes to be in the overdrive gears. But when coasting and still
Showing low mpg on the bar, I believe it must have something to do with the hybrid system. Not exactly sure how tho. It is kind of annoying since you would think it should be using 0 fuel

22redrocket

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Sport Powerboost 2020 Audi SQ7
Yes, my point exactly - Thank you! In all of my other vehicles, past and present, that have had MPG monitoring systems like this, whenever coasting off the throttle, the MPGs go through the roof or don't even register. My little around town cruiser, a 2018 VW GTI, just shows "--" because it only reads up to 99.9 MPG and, technically, it's doing even better than that when coasting off throttle.

So, I can't understand why, when coasting at, say, 35 mph in 6th gear, that bar is showing somewhere in the realm of 15-16 MPG. Makes absolutely no sense. I'm off the throttle and the truck is moving at a decent rate of speed. It's confounding. Or possibly erroneous.

Do you experience the same thing?
yes exactly the same here. Again I’d have to assume it has something to do with the hybrid system. However I’m usually able to get it to “snap out of it” by riding the brakes lightly, and then in turn the engine shutting off.
Sponsored