Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Adaptive cruise is cruise control w/ a radar (though other means to do so are available) to pace the vehicle in front of you and that's it and is arguably L1 ADAS, the second self lane centering (not to be confused with lane departure warning) enters the picture with radar cruise it becomes L2 ADAS. Granted there's other safety aspects of it, many of which come on a lot of cars now by default enabled by the same little windshield camera. As for a camera behind a door, no thanks, another thing to break.
Sponsored

STM

First Name
SM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F 150 XLT
Occupation
Home Builder
True Hands-Free, meaning no hands needed on the steering wheel while driving... AND enjoying adaptive cruise control is pretty special to me and one of the reasons I bought my truck.
I agree.. It is adaptive cruise control but with the huge added hands free.. It really makes a difference!

DK4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
If you have an icon on the left showing a steering wheel with hands on it, that is not Blue Cruise.

Blue cruise is not just simply adaptive cruise. It’s adaptive cruise that allows you to drive with no hands on the wheel at all.

FirstTimeFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Platinum BAP 4x4 5.3L Iconic Silver

I have 23 platinum, these are the sensors as discussed. If you are not experiencing "hands-free" perhaps you are not traveling on mapped BC roads. The true hands-free (BC) option does not kick in unless you are on a mapped road and even then you need to have hands on the wheel for it to engage. I'll leave it at that. Not sure if you are not able to get BC or if you just wished Mercedes or BMW made a full-size pickup lol

This video says it all....

Blue Cruise Demo

Ford F-150 BlueCruise 1.2 installed in F-150 -- review & hands-free driving video 20230313_140847

Ford F-150 BlueCruise 1.2 installed in F-150 -- review & hands-free driving video 20230313_140822

Sponsored

crazywayne311

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SCrew 157" Agate Black Lariat 502A
Occupation
CTMO
Nope.
That's NOT Bluecruise

But it IS what you describe perfectly.
Adaptive Cruise with Lane Centering

This is Bluecruise

20221201_120331.jpg
Tread carefully, this post provides the pics that counters his constant whining about how bad BC is...
Weve all tried to explain it to him. maybe his BC is broken. maybe he isnt driving on mapped BC roads. maybe he doesnt get the difference between BC and Adaptive Cruise Control.

i just hope he finds peace in another manufacture that offers what hes looking for.

Can we please get back on topic.

Aron

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB 4x2; '15 Expedition; '98 Ranger
Occupation
Civil Engineer
It sounds like you might need an OTA update still. My Bluecruise (the full, "Hands-Free" version) didn't turn on until the truck downloaded 3.5.2. Prior to that, I was in your situation where you had to keep your hands on the wheel, even on interstates.
Sponsored