Sponsored

Blue Cruise Not allowing hands free

PowerBooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Powerboost Lariat
So yours reverted.. it was at 2023 and flipped back?
Best I can tell. I followed this thread before I bought the truck, so I knew what I was getting in to. Drove it home and around town for a bit with the greencruise. Woke up one morning with messages in fordpass saying updates had been pushed to my truck and to enjoy Bluecruise. I looked at the handsfree driving date that morning and it had moved from the 10-12-2022 date and to a 2023 date (don't recall what it was). From that point on I enjoyed handsfree driving. Shortly before Christmas I noticed the handsfree had stopped engaging. I was even still getting the notification that Bluecruise handsfree was available on the road I was on, but it would not engage. Finally decided to check the date last night and it had reverted back.
Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Best I can tell. I followed this thread before I bought the truck, so I knew what I was getting in to. Drove it home and around town for a bit with the greencruise. Woke up one morning with messages in fordpass saying updates had been pushed to my truck and to enjoy Bluecruise. I looked at the handsfree driving date that morning and it had moved from the 10-12-2022 date and to a 2023 date (don't recall what it was). From that point on I enjoyed handsfree driving. Shortly before Christmas I noticed the handsfree had stopped engaging. I was even still getting the notification that Bluecruise handsfree was available on the road I was on, but it would not engage. Finally decided to check the date last night and it had reverted back.
I see. THe experaton was right before christmas.. So it may have never updated the date.

Moe7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tremor
FYI - My map date updated sometime between Wednesday and this afternoon while parked. I did have Jesse's help updating via USB early last weekend, but not sure if this is because of that or an OTA.

I'll have to drive it around tomorrow and confirm BC works again.

charlesdf22

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A few Toyota’s
My maps updated sometime this morning as well. Like magic.

bullittbirant

First Name
Birant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Called Ford Customer care and had the feedback as follows: may shed a light. Since I have sync 4, and 2023 model vehicle, I will need to wait for the over the air update. At the moment they are sending out the 2021 models, then 2022s and then, 2023s. It may take a couple of weeks (I asked about how long is a couple weeks whether it is 2-3 or 6-8,…? The answer is unknown). For your vehicle to be added to the queue:
You need to have words to be set, have schedule to be set (preferably around the times you don’t drive it since you can not drive it during an update, a nice time can be 11:00 pm if you are not a night time driver), have driven the vehicle 30-min that day (whenever they check it) and have 80%+ charge on your vehicle. If you meet all the criteria, you are added to the queue. The other alternative is to go to the dealership which the call center agent said that they may charge. I will try my dealership and update this post. accordingly.

Sponsored

vinnie175

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lariat Powerboost
@Jesse-Infotainment - I hate to do this, but would it be possible to check my truck, and see if I am in need of any updates? My hands-free expired on 12/10, which was a couple weeks before I got the truck, so I am really chomping at the bit to get this working.

VIN - 1FTFW1ED1NFA68001

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
@Jesse-Infotainment - I hate to do this, but would it be possible to check my truck, and see if I am in need of any updates? My hands-free expired on 12/10, which was a couple weeks before I got the truck, so I am really chomping at the bit to get this working.

VIN - 1FTFW1ED1NFA68001
You have a update available. You need a usb drive

vinnie175

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Is there a site that I can got to and download the files (all of my searches have said that everything was up to date) or can you send the file to me, and I can get it installed?

Do I need to make the USB drive bootable, or will it see the file and away it runs?

I really appreciate the help on this.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost

CoolDuDe919

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost On Order
FYI picked up my 2022 tonight, luckily i had read into this so i was prepared to be dissapointed lol.

Sync version 22082, revision 411
Maps date expiration of 10/09/22, so not even the Dec expiration for me.

I set up a schedule (2am) made sure automatic updates were enabled, connected it to my home wifi, etc.

So i guess at this point I sit and wait?

Sponsored

bullittbirant

First Name
Birant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Called Ford Customer care and had the feedback as follows: may shed a light. Since I have sync 4, and 2023 model vehicle, I will need to wait for the over the air update. At the moment they are sending out the 2021 models, then 2022s and then, 2023s. It may take a couple of weeks (I asked about how long is a couple weeks whether it is 2-3 or 6-8,…? The answer is unknown). For your vehicle to be added to the queue:
You need to have words to be set, have schedule to be set (preferably around the times you don’t drive it since you can not drive it during an update, a nice time can be 11:00 pm if you are not a night time driver), have driven the vehicle 30-min that day (whenever they check it) and have 80%+ charge on your vehicle. If you meet all the criteria, you are added to the queue. The other alternative is to go to the dealership which the call center agent said that they may charge. I will try my dealership and update this post. accordingly.
As of today my Ford is updated. I will test it hopefully tomorrow and will let you know the results from here. It is updated OTA and by chance I saw it from the web portal that the expiry dates moved to 2025. I wonder if calling the call center expedited the process.

vinnie175

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It looks like my update happened last night. The hands free expires in March now. I went in and set the updates to happen at 1 in the morning on the weekdays, and that seemed to kick it off. I do appreciate you looking the information up for everyone.

SCTYDOG

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Escape Hybrid, 2015 CMax Hybrid, 2003 T-Bird
Occupation
Computer Forensic Examiner
It looks like my update happened last night. The hands free expires in March now. I went in and set the updates to happen at 1 in the morning on the weekdays, and that seemed to kick it off. I do appreciate you looking the information up for everyone.
My expired maps updated overnight too. Woo Hoo!

MikeinYYZ

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Hey Jesse thanks again for helping me out a few weeks back with my Handsfree expiration date. My date is now April 13-2023.
Yesterday after starting up my truck I saw a quick message that an update tried to install and then it disappeared. Is this another update I should have?

mb1983

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum BAP PB
I did Jessie's (thank you for all that you do!) USB update last month, but I feared that it wasn't going to work and I would need to bother him again for his new routine. Yesterday, I checked my About Sync and noticed my maps had been updated. I had a meeting down in Massachusetts this afternoon and I am happy to report that the Bluecruise worked just like it had when I initially took delivery.

I am thinking that the updates came OTA, but I am not sure. Either way, I am happy to have the Blue cruise working again. It's not the best for Massachusetts driving but it is nice to cruise with your hands on your head.

Thanks for all your hard work Jessie, we do appreciate it!
Sponsored