Blue Cruise Not allowing hands free

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
2023 Platinum, hands free won't engage, lane centering also doesn't appear to be working even though it is activated. Both are active on the truck and in the Ford Pass App. Can you take a look for me @Jesse-Infotainment?
VIN: 1FTFW1ED1PFA56479
I dont see anything obvious that stands out.

I would have to look at the actual as build in the truck with forscan. What shows online is correct. You have the correct BC Map file. So not sure what the issue is from what I can see.
Sponsored

westbayou

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Platinum
Thanks for checking. Turns out I'm a dope. Even though everything is showing "active" on the main screen settings, apparently I bumped the "lane assist" on and off button on the steering wheel and shut it off at some point. Hit it once and I was back in business. So, for what its worth, make sure your lane assist is actually turned on via the steering wheel button as well if you're having issues.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
That's a button I push almost daily. I also adjust the gap depending on speed and weather.

I'm actually concerned about wearing the letters off my steering wheel buttons. :)

fmdog44

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XL
Occupation
Retired
This crap drives me nuts. Are we now too lazy and tired to hold on to the steering wheel and DRIVE our trucks???!!! Evolution will remove our arms & legs soon so we will be balls to roll around the house.

Sponsored

bohalrantipol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 platinimum powerboost
My 2021 f150 is at the dealership as I couldnt get the bluecruise to go hands free. They are telling me it needs TSB 23-2122, which would not be covered by my Extended Warranty and could cost $800 to "install". Seemed like BS to me, so here I am. When I checked my maps with Ford on the phone prior to bringing my truck in they were up to date with a 2073 end date, which that TSB says is not a condition it applys too. That leaves me pretty confused, and I certianly dont want to pay for that install if it won't even fix the issue! @Jesse-Infotainment could you help me out?

Last edited:

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
My 2021 f150 is at the dealership as I couldnt get the bluecruise to go hands free. They are telling me it needs TSB 23-2122, which would not be covered by my Extended Warranty and could cost $800 to "install". Seemed like BS to me, so here I am. When I checked my maps with Ford on the phone prior to bringing my truck in they were up to date with a 2073 end date, which that TSB says is not a condition it applys too. That leaves me pretty confused, and I certianly dont want to pay for that install if it won't even fix the issue! @Jesse-Infotainment could you help me out?

VIN:1FTFW1ED0MFA36767
You have one thing wrong in the Config.

It can be fixed with forscan. Dealer could POSSIBLY fix it if they were to run the Gateway update you have available

Either way simple fix with Forscan

bohalrantipol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks @Jesse-Infotainment! Do you mean that the TSB would correct the problem? Saying this is a simple fix does not inspire confidence that the tech/dealership has any idea what they are doing, as they were quoting me up to 4 hours to fix it. Is there anyway I can update the file? I saw I could get forscan, and I also have read about this: http://blog.vxdiagshop.com/2022/02/22/ford-f150-gwm-update-with-vxdiag-vcx-nano-fdrs/, but wasnt sure if I was over thinking it or not. Sorry for the uninformed questions.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Thanks @Jesse-Infotainment! Do you mean that the TSB would correct the problem? Saying this is a simple fix does not inspire confidence that the tech/dealership has any idea what they are doing, as they were quoting me up to 4 hours to fix it. Is there anyway I can update the file?
Easiest way is with forscan.

I gave you all the information previous post. THat TSB is not applicable to your situation.

The only reason I suggest to run the update is because it reconfigs the module at the end.

Its not the update itself that will fix it.

It would cost you about $70 to have forscan. I would suggest you have it if you dont

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Thanks! I am new to this specific forum, but really appreciate the help. I sent you some cash for your trouble. would this be the most appropriate "tutorial"? https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...ing-guide-using-fdrs.8249/page-14#post-161621
That would be the FDRS. You do not need FDRS for your situation. THe truck is up to date mostly.

Forscan can be downloaded here
Forscan.org

You will need a license
https://store.payproglobal.com/checkout?products[1][id]=70205

THe cable I suggest is on amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Vgate-vLinker-Adapter-FORScan-MS-CAN/dp/B094Z7PBLS?ref_=ast_sto_dp

Once you have all if it I can fix it for you with teamviewer.

Drifter81

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Software Engineer
It doesn’t have to be in ford pass for it to work.

As long as the truck is configured correctly it will work.

It being in ford pass happens AFTER the truck is configured correctly
@Jesse-Infotainment
Long story short.. And apologies for taking so long to come back.. Been chaotic/crazy/busy with work..
After I escalated it, Ford spent two weeks (wall clock time) and tried a few things I'm told. Were going to have me take it back to the dealer, but were themselves finally able to push something down to the truck. Been working since.
Don't know if there have been updates since, but I haven't gotten any. At least BC is working though

bohalrantipol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hey @Jesse-Infotainment, I managed to get the forscan up and running and familiarized myself with it (changed a few things). Unfortunately, where I park my truck has no service or wifi at the moment, is there any way you could give me a brief synopsis of what is wrong so I could try to change it and report back? I could obviously drive to somewhere where I can get some service if it is too difficult to explain in a message.

Last edited:

bohalrantipol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I managed to get wifi out to my truck! If that is more convenient for you, I would be more than happy to do that! I have been trying to become a little more knowledgeable about everything, and for poops and popsicles I compared the as-built data in the GWM to what was available if I downloaded the As built from Forscan (I am assuming it is from Ford) and it claimed they were different. Regardless @Jesse-Infotainment, I am extremely thankful for your help and glad I found this forum as I was literally on the verge of selling the truck (I have only owned it for 6 months), as my interactions with my dealership dealing with several software-related issues have been awful. The service liaison at the dealership was literally trying to convince me that "hands-free" still meant you have to keep your hands on the steering wheel! I just gaped in shock and knew there was no winning.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I managed to get wifi out to my truck! If that is more convenient for you, I would be more than happy to do that! I have been trying to become a little more knowledgeable about everything, and for poops and popsicles I compared the as-built data in the GWM to what was available if I downloaded the As built from Forscan (I am assuming it is from Ford) and it claimed they were different. Regardless @Jesse-Infotainment, I am extremely thankful for your help and glad I found this forum as I was literally on the verge of selling the truck (I have only owned it for 6 months), as my interactions with my dealership dealing with several software-related issues have been awful. The service liaison at the dealership was literally trying to convince me that "hands-free" still meant you have to keep your hands on the steering wheel! I just gaped in shock and knew there was no winning.
Yeah if I can remote in I’ll fix it
Sponsored