First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Home Inspector
My bed mounted switch for the box lighting doesn’t seem to be working. The box lights will turn on when I’m using the Zone lighting with both the controls on the screen and with the FordPass app. But when I open the tailgate and push the button the lights won’t turn on. Am I missing something? Does the truck need to be on for the lights to work?
Sponsored

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
No...faulty switch maybe. They should work truck running or not.

Way2qk4u2c

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 2015 Mustang GT
Occupation
Network admin
I have the same issue but i just checked and mine don't even come on if i press unlock or the button on the console, it does come on only for the zone lighting.

Last edited:

Sponsored

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
Check that fuses are properly seated. Many have found loose fuses.

Might save you a trip.

Way2qk4u2c

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Network admin
Check that fuses are properly seated. Many have found loose fuses.

Might save you a trip.
I checked all my fuses and I even jumper the switch pins to complete the loop and the lights still don’t come on. I think it has to do with the BCM not turning them on. Checked forscan and it shows enabled. Very strange indeed

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
I checked all my fuses and I even jumper the switch pins to complete the loop and the lights still don’t come on. I think it has to do with the BCM not turning them on. Checked forscan and it shows enabled. Very strange indeed
Just throwing it out there. Glad you checked!

Beef_Stew

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT sport CCSB 5.0
Occupation
Auto Body Tech
Did you have a spray in bedliner done? It’s possible they pulled out the button and forgot to connect it after

Way2qk4u2c

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Network admin
Did you have a spray in bedliner done? It’s possible they pulled out the button and forgot to connect it after
Nope. The truck is brand new and I picked it up from the dealer few days ago. Truck has 25 miles on it as of today lol.

Sponsored

aaexpert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150 platinum
This is a known problem, no solution. Mine still has this issue even with a new light, switch, harness, bcm,fusebox...its a mystery and still not working. It happened immediately after one of the many dealerships attempts to fix the radio screen going black randomly and all they did was software updates. Worked fine for months since day 1.

Way2qk4u2c

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Network admin
Finally fixed my lights. I went back into forscan and changed "lincoln experience" to disabled (under BCM) and now my switch in the bed turns the lights on!

toquain

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Hi there, Michael! Go ahead and send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info, I’ll look into this for you. Thanks!
I am having the same issue with the bed lighting for my 2022 F150 Lariat. I purchased the vehicle April 31, 2022 and it was delivered this month. It was supposed to come with the bed lighting and didn't. I had the order the lights and switch and i installed myself. It was pretty standard plug and play. The lights do not come on when the switch is pushed, however the tailgate light does come on when the switch is pushed.
Thanks,
Tommy

Vin# 1FTFW1C51NKE59149
Bolton Ford
Lake Charles, La.

64Wing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Fusion Titanium, 2022 F150 SCREW Lariat 502a
Occupation
Aviation
I am having the same issue with the bed lighting for my 2022 F150 Lariat. I purchased the vehicle April 31, 2022 and it was delivered this month. It was supposed to come with the bed lighting and didn't. I had the order the lights and switch and i installed myself. It was pretty standard plug and play. The lights do not come on when the switch is pushed, however the tailgate light does come on when the switch is pushed.
Thanks,
Tommy

Vin# 1FTFW1C51NKE59149
Bolton Ford
Lake Charles, La.
I ordered mine without the bed utility option. Too much coin for lights and other stuff I didn't need. I just wanted the lights and not the other stuff but that wasn't an option. So I installed the factory parts (two light assys and the switch). When I pressed the button the high lamp (by the top brake light) came on so I knew the hot wire from the kick panel to the BCM was there. That's when I knew I just needed to do a few changes in forscan. Voila! They work!

Check this thread out:
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/2022-lariat-cargo-light-wiring-harness-parts.8683/page-8
Sponsored