Bed light switch doesn’t turn on the bed lights

Harelegger

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum
I ordered mine without the bed utility option. Too much coin for lights and other stuff I didn't need. I just wanted the lights and not the other stuff but that wasn't an option. So I installed the factory parts (two light assys and the switch). When I pressed the button the high lamp (by the top brake light) came on so I knew the hot wire from the kick panel to the BCM was there. That's when I knew I just needed to do a few changes in forscan. Voila! They work!

Check this thread out:
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/2022-lariat-cargo-light-wiring-harness-parts.8683/page-8
I ordered mine without the bed utility option. Too much coin for lights and other stuff I didn't need. I just wanted the lights and not the other stuff but that wasn't an option. So I installed the factory parts (two light assys and the switch). When I pressed the button the high lamp (by the top brake light) came on so I knew the hot wire from the kick panel to the BCM was there. That's when I knew I just needed to do a few changes in forscan. Voila! They work!

Check this thread out:
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/2022-lariat-cargo-light-wiring-harness-parts.8683/page-8
What did you need to do in Forscan? Imade sure the Lincoln experience was disabled but that didn't solve the problem.
Sponsored

64Wing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Fusion Titanium, 2022 F150 SCREW Lariat 502a
Occupation
Aviation

unafFORDableXLT

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT
I had to buy all my parts and install myself using the thread linked above. I think they’re 3 lines to adjust in FORscan and everything works as it should.

azdub1

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum 5.0L
Occupation
lodging quality / operations
Hi there, Michael! Go ahead and send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info, I’ll look into this for you. Thanks!
Same thing is happening to me, along with interior lights won't stop flashing. Ford dealer has had the truck for weeks and unable to diagnose issue or fix. Help please!

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Same thing is happening to me, along with interior lights won't stop flashing. Ford dealer has had the truck for weeks and unable to diagnose issue or fix. Help please!
VIN?

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
They replaced BCM saying that would fix it, but it did not.
Most likely they replaced it and loaded the same software that was in it that caused it. I’ll look now.

Puffy929

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT High 5.0
I made the changes after the dealership changed out the BCM. My bed lights and tailgate handle light will not come on. The switchs only turns on the 3rd brake light bed lights. Anything else to check that you guys know of?

SALEEN961

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A
Occupation
Automotive Technician
I made the changes after the dealership changed out the BCM. My bed lights and tailgate handle light will not come on. The switchs only turns on the 3rd brake light bed lights. Anything else to check that you guys know of?
If you have the same "B14D8:15 Bed Lamp Output: Circuit Short To Battery or Open" code that I had when my bed lights stopped working, you might have the same underlying issue that I had.

https://www.f150forum.com/f129/bed-lights-stopped-working-code-b14d8-15-a-534173/

Sponsored

Puffy929

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT High 5.0
I have changed the code to 04 in the BCM last week. No change. The lights in the bed and the light on the tailgate handle do not light up at all. Dealership says they will not cover any more under warranty as my in cab lighting wire goes to the BCM as it should but it was added by me.

SALEEN961

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A
Occupation
Automotive Technician
I have changed the code to 04 in the BCM last week. No change. The lights in the bed and the light on the tailgate handle do not light up at all. Dealership says they will not cover any more under warranty as my in cab lighting wire goes to the BCM as it should but it was added by me.
What pin did you add the new wire to? Not every F150 uses the same pinout at the BCM. What specific Forscan changes did you make?

Puffy929

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT High 5.0
The bed lights worked after the ambient lighting was added. The bed lights quit working roughly a month ago. The ambient lighting has been added since last summer. I will have to go back and look at pictures but pin #29 is coming to my memory. It is in here in a thread about adding ambient lighting with push button start.
What pin did you add the new wire to? Not every F150 uses the same pinout at the BCM. What specific Forscan changes did you make?

pjstud1v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lariat on order
My dealership is replacing the physical switch in the bed. Somehow that failed which let the lights work via app or zone lighting through the display screen but not the actual button in the bed.

Puffy929

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT High 5.0
My dealership is replacing the physical switch in the bed. Somehow that failed which let the lights work via app or zone lighting through the display screen but not the actual button in the bed.
My lights do not come on at all.
Sponsored