Battery charge percentage indicator?

Vallee

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 f150 ecoboost
Is there somewhere to lookup the percentage of charge the hybrid battery is at?
Sponsored

wayfarer556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost 302A
Have the same question. Looked through all the menu settings and the manual and I don't see an indicator for tracking hybrid battery charge. I feel like this is intentional, as Ford has said multiple times that fuel efficiency is more of a bonus than a feature for the Powerboost (probably they don't even have a hybrid badge on this truck).

Still though, coming from other hybrid vehicles, I've gotten really used to keeping a constant eye on the battery.

Tecdiver

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Corporate shill
I read elsewhere that this omission may be intentional, in that the main feature of the battery is to enable the on-board generator and an additional torque boost to the powertrain. Since the PB is not being marketed to 'green' buyers as much as practical ones, instrumenting battery condition may have been low on the priority list. But for a resale situation, it would be good to be able to see battery stats (# of cycles, etc).

satexas

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 PB 2021 L502a
As of 'today', no, there's no way to 'see that'.

darioa

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Occupation
Engineer
I use an OBD2 connector with cell phone software from FIXD. I use the real time display to know when I can use the electric motor (between 42% and 70% charge). I heard that a Torque app also works. When the charge is below 42%, I can’t get the vehicle to go electric and I have to regen charge the battery by going faster and coasting or using the brakes until the charge level is about 45%. Then I can go back to electric.
Sponsored